Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,462 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency (575 Views)

Aliyu Umar Is Dead (Ex-Kano Attorney-General) / Stolen Logo: “APC Is Frustrated” - APDA Youths / Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by masterpiece86: 6:17am On Apr 25, 2017
*Says elite who benefited from NSA fighting back
By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor & Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA —The Presidency, last night, rebuffed allegations of selectiveness in the war against corruption made against Muhammadu Buhari’s administration by the erstwhile military governor of Kaduna State, Col. Abubakar Umar, describing him as a frustrated man.
It also said it had become accustomed to a fight back by the elite class.

The Presidency in a statement by a Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media and Publicity), Mallam Garba Shehu, also said none of the elite class fighting back had shown evidence of the selectiveness of the fight against corruption.

He further said President Buhari had not at any time interfered with the prosecution of corruption suspects, even as he said several of those fighting back had at one time or the other benefited from security votes from the office of the National Security Adviser. Mallam Garba was, however, quick to exclude Col. Umar from such beneficiaries.

Col. Umar (retd) had in a statement issued, weekend, flayed the Presidency for directing its anti-corruption war at only the opposition, saying the decision to ignore court orders to release erstwhile NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd(, is inexcusable.

He further said the Buhari administration had in its actions sought to humiliate former President Goodluck Jonathan who he, Umar, praised for his excellent democracy credentials.

Responding, yesterday, Shehu said: “By now, President Buhari’s administration is quite familiar with the barrage of verbal attacks that have accompanied the administration’s determined war against corruption.

“A number of Nigeria’s elite, uncomfortable with the disruption of business as usual, have fought viciously, usually via the media. However, this comment, coming from Colonel Umar, is highly disappointing, because he is not in a position to label accusations. He should, instead, allow others to do this.

“Curiously, despite the various accusations and media attacks, no one has so far come forth with any evidence of President Buhari’s selectiveness in the war against corruption.

“All the agencies involved are allowed freedom to carry out their responsibilities, without any interference whatsoever from the Presidency.

“If Colonel Umar or anyone else feels that they have any evidence to the contrary, they are encouraged to make this public.

“A number of Nigerian elite have over the years, benefitted from various forms of corruption, including monthly payouts from the office of previous National Security Advisers.
“Let me clarify that this is not in reference to Colonel Umar in particular.

“The Buhari’s administration has offended so many of our greedy elite by putting a stop to this, plugging many of the holes through which our country’s resources, belonging to each and every one of us, were looted by a few.

“Naturally, these elite are frustrated. But we shall not allow them to frustrate the war against corruption.
“The war against corruption is here to stay. As long as President Buhari is in power, Nigerians can be rest assured of that. It will not succumb to media attacks. It will not be deterred by false accusations. It will not be quenched by disgruntled elements.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/corruption-umar-is-frustrated-presidency/

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by izzou(m): 6:18am On Apr 25, 2017
grin

Dear Mr President

We must congratulate and commend you for your continuous chants against corruption. Sincerely, it's not easy to fight against the principalities and forces holding back our development

But truth be told,we haven't made any significant progress in most sectors. Power is deteriorating by the month, terrorism has not been technically defeated, food prices are still high, and it keeps getting worse, except for your anti corruption ministry that is still blossoming

Being a courageous man, I suggest you become the EFCC chairman come 2019, while maybe your Vice or someone with vision and integrity takes the power seat. That way,it becomes a win win situation for the masses. We can develop and enjoy good governance, while you brutally defeat the corrupt as you wish.

Please consider my plea sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by donratcock: 6:20am On Apr 25, 2017
Bingo hari and his band of zombies never cease to amaze me
Why are they denying the simple truth
Their war against corruption is one sided only targeted at the opposition
Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by optional1(f): 6:23am On Apr 25, 2017
who is/are the Presidency
Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by olaric(m): 6:24am On Apr 25, 2017
Evidence number one that shows you are biased: Your refusal to investigate the Chief of Army Staff
Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by LionDeLeo: 6:27am On Apr 25, 2017
“A number of Nigeria’s elite, uncomfortable with the disruption of business as usual, have fought viciously, usually via the media.
Even the blind can see this.

“Naturally, these elite are frustrated. But we shall not allow them to frustrate the war against corruption.
“The war against corruption is here to stay. As long as President Buhari is in power, Nigerians can be rest assured of that. It will not succumb to media attacks. It will not be deterred by false accusations. It will not be quenched by disgruntled elements.”

Bubu, patriotic Nigerians are behind you.
Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 25, 2017
optional1:
who is/are the Presidency
Everybody that works in aso rock even the press are the presidency tongue
Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by Realist2: 6:27am On Apr 25, 2017
Abeg, na when buhari dey go back to London so that the price of garri go come down?.
Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by ojun50(m): 6:32am On Apr 25, 2017
There problem
Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 25, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by optional1(f): 6:41am On Apr 25, 2017
Jeffboi:
Everybody that works in aso rock even the press are the presidency tongue

i disagree even though i don't know the presidency.
Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by dalongjnr: 6:49am On Apr 25, 2017
the war is winnable but, the proletariat whom the elites victimized are in turn not head and heel in the fight against corruption, as they strongly encourage them with booster comments like "because the are from the opposition", " bring back our corruption as dollar,when corruption was at it's peak we never had it bad as now","because we are the 5%",..... but unknowingly for the masses, the elites have sold their future to the developed countries, as evident by revelation from the Panama paper. 2. they trained their children in the best schools in the world, and create the political exposure for them to take over from them. 3.the continuum of poverty. the masses should instead scolds their leaders where the failed n demand explanation from them.

1 Like

Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by Vicolan: 6:52am On Apr 25, 2017
Have you heard the news ...No
Who is the presidency: I don't kwn.....

This govt na joke ooo
Re: Corruption: Umar Is Frustrated — Presidency by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 25, 2017
optional1:

i disagree even though i don't know the presidency.

Lolzz

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Sick Again - I “ll Work From Home / PHOTOS: Lai Mohammed Live On Cnn's Quest Means Business / Fayose: I’m Not Contesting Election Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.