Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,754 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC (1973 Views)

2023: Power Play Within PDP / Kyari's Death, End Of A Surrogate Presidency, And The Coming Chaos By Kperogi / Shehu Sani Tenders 8 Immediate Recipes For Peace Between Presidency And NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:05am On Apr 25, 2017
By TonyeBarcanista

Let me start by saying that this piece is absolutely an opinionated article that is carefully put up after diligent analysis of events within the APC and the Presidency in the last couple of months.

The Big Question

WHO IS THE PRESIDENCY? 

The Main Issues:
Recall that shortly after this government came to power there was battle over the leadership of the National Assembly. While Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the national leader of APC backed long time ally Senator George Akume and prodigy Hon Femi Gbajabiamila for the positions of Senate President and House Speaker respectively in the then yet to be constituted 8th Assembly, a group within the APC(old CPC) allegedly loyal to Mamman Daura backed Senator Ahmed Lawan for the position of SP. At the end, a compromise was reached to concede the position of Senate President to the Daura led CPC group while Gbajabiamila takes the Speakership. 

After the PDP coup outsmarted both groups by installing Senator Bukola Saraki as the Senate President in alliance with few APC dissents in the early hours of June 6, 2015, the coast was still clear for the emergence of Femi Gbajabiamila.  

However, in the latter part of the day. instead of supporting Gbaja, the Mamman Daura backed group joined forces with the PDP to install Honourable Yakubu Dogara as Speaker and Hon Lasun as Deputy Speaker just to ensure that Asiwaju Tinubu group has no real control of either chamber of the National Assembly. Though Gbajabiamila was compensated with the position of House Leader, that position is like offering palm oil to a deity instead of blood.

During the appointment of positions of spokesman to the President, Femi Adesina, a loyalist of Asiwaju Tinubu was appointed Special Adviser on Media, while Garba Shehu, a non Tinubu loyalist was appointed as Senior Special Assistant, an action I suspected to checkmate Tinubu perceived control of the management of Buhari's image. 

Similarly, while the all powerful position of Chief of Staff to the President was resident in the Mamman Daura camp, the Tinubu camp was conceded the position of Secretary to the government of the federation, SGF (as confirmed by Lawal Babachir in October 2015).

The Power Game
The real game started during ministerial nomination. Mamman Daura, a nephew of Buhari had the upper hand. All Tinubu nominees, including those from the Southwest and his home base,  Lagos, were all dropped in favor of Mamman Daura led group, who recruited prominent  Tinubu ex prodigies to their camp.  

A shocker came during the primary of Ondo guber election when TINIBU anointed Dr. Segun Abraham was maliciously rigged to pave way for Chief Rotimi Akeredolu, even going as far as ignoring the recommendation of an Appeal Panel set up by the party to hold a fresh primary. This action was the first direct affront on Asiwaju. In fact, Asiwaju Tinubu and his loyalists, Including Governor Aregbesola shunned the campaign of Akeredolu. Akerodolu,  backed by Mamman Daura group failed to really acknowledge Asiwaju Tinubu during his inauguration speech. 

When the "Presidency" first cleared Lawal Babachir of any wrong doing on ground that he wasn't giving fair hearing, Nigerians thought it was the position of the President, but the other "Presidency" had their own plan. They took advantage of the $50 million "discovered" in Ikoyi house to suspend the SGF without the knowledge of the Vice President himself (going by the question asked by the suspended SGF) even when the Ikoyi money had no business with him. Meanwhile, they never considered adding Abba Kyari, the Chief of Staff accused of collecting N500 million bribe from MTN. 

They smartly setup the Vice President by making him the Chairman of the administrative committee to investigate the allegations against the SGF, with other two members being members of the Daura group. If the committee eventually clear SGF, they will accuse Osinbajo of covering corruption by using proxies, making him the fall guy. If the Committee indicts Babachir, the Daura group will have justification to replace the SGF with their own man (as being touted in the media) while Tinubu loyalists, including Babachir will consider Osinbajo a traitor... What a dilemma for "oga pastor". 

Also of recent, Oyegun, who had no capacity to defeat Tom Ikimi for the position of APC National Chairman in 2014 and was backed by Tinubu, came openly to deny Tinubu important role in his emergence. some of us could recall the insult poured on Tinubu by Ikimi after Oyegun's emergence. This came after Kaduna state governor Elrufai had underplayed the efforts of Tinubu in the victory of 2015 in his memo to Buhari. 

The Punch guy was kicked out by the powerful Presidency because his medium is perceived to be loyal to Tinubu, but another  Presidency member (Adesina) countered it. 

Not forgetting that save Aketi, no  member of Mamman Daura group was spotted during Tinubu 65th birthday celebration. 

The Obvious
It is obvious that there is serious power play within the APC and the Presidency, of which Babachir was affected. It is also obvious that his suspension had nothing to do with the allegation against him but an effort to ease him out to make way for their own loyalist without offending the Christian community in the northeast. Else, how do we explain the fact that they have already been shopping for replacement even when the investigative committee is yet to finish their assignment? 

Babachir is gone, Bola Tinubu is the major target. The "Presidency" camp is preparing for 2019 to consolidate their hold on power as it is likely that Buhari may not return in 2019 owing to his health and acute misgovernance despite calls by Oyegun, Elrufai and others that are aligned with it. 

It is all about 2019, I hope Tinubu survives the impending onslaught without getting hurt. I also hope Bola Tinubu join forces with the opposition in the nearest future. 

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria 
shared on Palmchat

2 Likes

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:08am On Apr 25, 2017
Lawal David Babachir the first major casualty in the Power game
within the expanded "Presidency"
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5207011_babachirlawal_jpg_webp_jpeg8e8bd1c51b991dc9e8059765c110164e

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by samincredible44(m): 10:10am On Apr 25, 2017
Nigeria is still among those few countries where politics is a do or die affair.giant of Africa my foot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by Smellymouth: 10:10am On Apr 25, 2017
Nice one

3 Likes

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by overdrive(m): 10:14am On Apr 25, 2017
Power play!
Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by spidey77: 10:17am On Apr 25, 2017
A balanced analysis or a TINUBU - analysis??

In other news, Also learn about the real reason why Donald Trump is
regarded as one of the worlds greatest money fools
here.... http://expressdigger..com/2017/04/world-fools-day-meet-one-of-historys.html
Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2017
samincredible44:
Nigeria is still among those few countries where politics is a do or die affair.giant of Africa my foot
Political power play is not exclusively a Nigeria thing
Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:19am On Apr 25, 2017
spidey77:
l
It depends on your Perception

2 Likes

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by engineerboat(m): 10:20am On Apr 25, 2017
Power play indeeed
Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by menxer: 10:21am On Apr 25, 2017
Who is the Presidency?

Rueben Abati's treatise on this question makes more sense than this conspiracy theory.

It is all about 2019, I hope Tinubu survives the impending onslaught without getting hurt. I also hope Bola Tinubu join forces with the opposition in the nearest future

I couldn't help but note the bolded, an admission that as long as Tinubu is not in the opposition, APC will still win the Presidency.
Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by engineerboat(m): 10:24am On Apr 25, 2017
But TonyeBarcanista who is presidency

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:24am On Apr 25, 2017
menxer:
Who is the Presidency?

Rueben Abati's treatise on this question makes more sense than this conspiracy theory.

I couldn't help but note the bolded, an admission that as long as Tinubu is not in the opposition, APC will still win the Presidency.
On the contrary, Tinubu is a force to be reckoned with and a material any sane mind will want to have.

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by engineerboat(m): 10:25am On Apr 25, 2017
menxer:
Who is the Presidency?

Conspiracy you say.

Can you tell this forum how many type of Presidency thaf we have in Aso rock

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2017
engineerboat:
But TonyeBarcanista who is presidency
Let me ask my good friend within the Presidency

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2017
The Punch guy was kicked out by the powerful Presidency because his medium is perceived to be loyal to Tinubu, but another Presidency member (Adesina) countered it.

I stopped reading at this paragraph? So Garba Shehu who also countered it, is what?

This your epistle, is repleted with half truths, conjectures, and wild and untenable conspiracy theories....

Anyway, like Wike, FFK and other opportunist opposition, feed your gullible audience, what they want to hear..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by sarrki(m): 10:28am On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin grin

Baba tonye I hail
Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by dejiogundipe(m): 10:28am On Apr 25, 2017
Wow! Good analysis

2 Likes

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by engineerboat(m): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2017
Some people shaaa.

Only good at abusing others and calling peoples all sorts of names

But they cannot stand it when they are called bames back.

I dont mention name hooo.

But they know themselves.

But Barca this your presidency correspondence did not even know the Presidency the sent him out of Aso Rock

2 Likes

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:31am On Apr 25, 2017
spidey77:

In other news, Also learn about the real reason why Donald Trump is
regarded as one of the worlds greatest money fools
here.... http://expressdigger..com/2017/04/world-fools-day-meet-one-of-historys.html
You should stick to local politics and the tinubu's and lawal's of this world. Don't talk about what you know nothing of. You are calling trump a fool. So a fool is someone who financed himself to beat 17 rep establishment candidates and 1 super funded and globalist democrat puppet, clinton. Even with the entire media singing her praises, he still beat and disgraced her. If he is a fool, then what does that make you?

3 Likes

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by tollyboy5(m): 10:31am On Apr 25, 2017
2019! grin would be deadly as tinubu would either act as jagaban or concede his loss undecided fayose would leave PDP because of sheriff and tunubu would change the name of APC and use collaboration with defected PDP to form new party sad they all APC loyalist would follow the new party while APC becomes northern party undecided or what is your contribtion

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

I stopped reading at this paragraph? So Garba Shehu who also countered it, is what?

This your epistle, is repleted with half truths, conjectures, and wild and untenable conspiracy theories....

The action of Shehu Garba was an afterthought by the Mamman Daura "Presidency" to save face and make the CSO the fall guy after Adesina had countered the sacking of the Punch guy from Aso Rock an seeing the backlash from Nigerians.

It's a game friend

5 Likes

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by dejiogundipe(m): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2017
menxer:
Who is the Presidency?

Or rather, force him to defect then reopen his corruption case to silence him permanently.

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017
sarrki:
grin grin grin
Baba tonye I hail
Baba I loyal o

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by tollyboy5(m): 10:35am On Apr 25, 2017
sarrki:
grin grin grin

Baba tonye I hail
E don tey na tonye na baba 4 politics undecided but U you be buari loyalist who is presidency? cool

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:37am On Apr 25, 2017
dejiogundipe:

Or rather, force him to defect then reopen his corruption case to silence him permanently.
Thats it. They want to either force him to be loyal to them or ridicule him to leave APC for "them".

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by fitzmayowa: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:

You can't blame tonye. With sheriff kicking him and his sponsors out of pdp. He is now searching for another treasury to loot. And tinubu's bourdillion goldmine is a sweet target. But to be fair, lawal was tinubu's boy.

Shot fired...cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by osinbanjoisaliar: 10:38am On Apr 25, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Anyway, like Wike, FFK and other opportunist opposition, feed your gullible audience, what they want to hear..

You can't blame tonye. With sheriff kicking him and his sponsors out of pdp. He is now searching for another treasury to loot. And tinubu's bourdillion goldmine is a sweet target. But to be fair, lawal was tinubu's boy.
Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by engineerboat(m): 10:43am On Apr 25, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:

Maybe I should ask you.

Who is presidency

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by Xway(m): 10:44am On Apr 25, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Thats it. They want to either force him to be loyal to them or ridicule him to leave APC for "them".

1 Like

Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by sarrki(m): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Baba I loyal o

Tualle baba
Re: SGF Suspension: The Real Power Play Within The Presidency And APC by spidey77: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2017
osinbanjoisaliar:

You should stick to local politics and the tinubu's and lawal's of this world. Don't talk about what you know nothing of. You are calling trump a fool. So a fool is someone who financed himself to beat 17 rep establishment candidates and 1 super funded and globalist democrat puppet, clinton. Even with the entire media singing her praises, he still beat and disgraced her. If he is a fool, then what does that make you?

Smart Mr Osibajoisaliar.....Did u follow the link or read d article at all?? they say wisdom is profitable to direct....read d article first b4 u talk....that's why the brain comes before the mouth

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cros River State Proposed New Logo / Apda In Disarray.. Fights Over Who To Keep Certificate Of Registration.. Picture / Anambra Election: Obiano Warns Kanu, Says 'i Will Let You Know I Am From Aguleri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.