Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Akan Okon Calls For More Gov't, Press Partnership - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Akan Okon Calls For More Gov't, Press Partnership (350 Views)

Ime Bishop Umoh: My Weight Loss Is Not Audio - Okon Lagos Shows His 6 Packs / Phyno Replies Joey Akan Who Said He Had A Disappointing Year / Michael Okon Impregnated Married Woman & Got A Daughter - Stella Dimoko Korkus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akan Okon Calls For More Gov't, Press Partnership by Ibomhappenings(m): 1:58pm On Apr 25, 2017
***Bags Excellence Award from Federated Chapel

Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Housing and Special Duties, Mr Akan Okon has advocated for a stronger partnership, between the Press and Government, as a way to continuous growth and development in the State.

The Commissioner made this call on Friday, during the 2017 Award Night of the Federated Chapel of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ), Akwa Ibom State, held at at La Sien Event Center in Uyo.

Speaking shortly after receiving an Award of Excellence from the Chapel, Mr. Okon said that the administration of Governor Udom Emmanuel is currently embarking on projects which would serve the future and lauded the Chapel for always projecting activities of the government in good light .

"On government programmes, what the government is doing now and the plan of government, is for the future.

"My appeal to you this evening, is that you should continue to strengthen this partnership, because that is the only way that our State can continue to grow", the Commissioner said.

On the Award, he noted it was a call for service to the people of Akwa Ibom State and pledged he will continue to impact on humanity, in whatever capacity he finds himself.

Mr Okon thanked members of the Federated Chapel for the honoured done him and promise to always support them, in any of their programmes.

"As for me, this Award is a call for more service, to the people of Akwa Ibom State and I'd like to say that in whatever capacity I find myself in the State, I will continue to do good to mankind.

"I'd like to thank all of you for this honour and that in the usual way, I'll continue to support you, in any of your programmes", he added.

Present at the event were the State Deputy Governor, Mr Moses Ekpo (MFR), Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Charles Udo, immediate past Commissioner for Information, Elder Aniekan Umanah, Chairman, NUJ, Akwa Ibom State, Elder Patrick Albert, Chairman of Federated Chapel Mr. Inimfon Silas among other dignitaries.

(1) (Reply)

I Dont Have Beef For Funke Akindele Says Eniola Badmus / Mercy Aigbe: My Wife Has Mental Issues, I Have Proofs – Husband, Lanre Gentry / The Best Write Up On The Internet **come And See**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.