Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

How EFCC Is Destroying The Economy With Its Excesses. My Case Study. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How EFCC Is Destroying The Economy With Its Excesses. My Case Study. (925 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Is Boosting Akwa Ibom Economy With Roads Construction / Governors’ Excesses In Implementation Of COVID-19 Lockdown Measures (PICS) / BBC Interview With Sunday Igboho About Fulani Excesses In South West. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How EFCC Is Destroying The Economy With Its Excesses. My Case Study. by bolethings: 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
I would appreciate if you would be kind enough to read through before making assumptions. You can attack the message but not my person.

As much as I really want all the heartless, corrupt and selfish who have held down my beloved country to rot in jail. I would necer succumb to an anti corruption war style of the current EFCC. Give it to Magu, he's a bitter man as he admitted the very week he was initially nominated by the president in 2015. He made it clear that corrupt elements are actually best kept behind bars for life and I couldn't agree more. When someone diverts money meant for hospitals or roads which would benefit countless into his pocket. I agree such persons deserves a bullet to the forehead. However, what I detest is the virtually lack of strategy and noise making the EFCC has been known for in the last few years.

I'm actually also bitter right now that in it's bid to show off and claim it is actually working, the EFCC is actually causing more damage without a reasonable well thought strategy to all it's programs.

Recently, all new business account holders are subjected to getting a so called scuml certificate at www.scuml.org , I have been using corporate accounts for 10 years now and because I needed to open another account in order is to help a friend who just got employed in a bank, it has been hell for the past 2 months. Normally banks confirm your company is duly registered with the corporate affairs commission before you can get their cheque book and you actually have to pay the banks for that. Search fee they call it.

I opened the new account, got a cheque book and expectedly I gave the account to clients. I had a new invention and I was able to get 300 interested distributors, however as a new product, they were all afraid to make payments for the products and just one of them did while others said once he gets the goods and customers give good feedbacks they'll pay for theirs also. 2 months now, I can't access the money neither do I have the trust of other interested distributors because the guy who paid has been telling everyone he hasn't gotten anything. This is because the account has been blocked with bank insisting I must get a scuml certificate, I've filled the form online, submitted documents at the EFCC office, done so much and I have been asked to come back next week for over 5 weeks now. Wasting money and time. Expectedly my gain should be not less than 20k on each distributor and I had plans to employ at least 10 new workers to ensure we keep up production. I can't do that now because the person who even paid hasn't gotten anything in 2 months yet EFCC told me yesterday they are awaiting confirmation from CAC on the company's certificate. That's 7 weeks after I submitted the application. The bank is also saying they can't release the funds because they'll have to pay a fine of N2m to the EFCC.

I was shocked yesterday when I saw almost 150 people, some even coming from Abuja because according to them scuml certificate is only issued in Lagos so if you open an account anywhere in the country, you have to come to Lagos. Many said they've been to Lagos more than twice just because they need to open account.

I felt so humiliated when I heard the government now saying it takes 2 days to register a company but in truth you would not even be able to use the account for atleast 2 months due to EFCCs overbearing and overreaching excesses. After all if you register a company you open an account in the company's name.

I regret ever considering President Buhari for this top job, because while President Jonathan was in charge, he was solely blamed for the excesses of his aides and appointees, now that President Buhari is in charge, it's only fair we serve him the same as he did his predecessor. I am sorry but I don't think President Buhari is fit enough for that office, forget his health, this government lacks innovative ideas that the country badly needs right now. We have more pressing concerns as a nation that shouting corruption everytime, they claim we are world's top 3 producers of rice but suddenly after a month Lake rice disappeared from the markets.

I am speaking from personal experience and I can only wish this isn't affecting too many businesses. My client is threatening to report me to the Police and I can't blame him. I paid for adverts, halls, refreshment and even had to travel to 5 states showcasing my innovation before I could convince people to be distributors. My only mistake was opening a new account and trying to expand business while Magu was still in charge. I hope these dullards and incompetent power mongers won't destroy this country with their noise making and no action attitudes. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How EFCC Is Destroying The Economy With Its Excesses. My Case Study. by pchukwudi: 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
It's a shsme bro. I'm with you on this. Their hypocricy is super unerving. These are bunch of parasites who claim that the country is in recession and thus they're doing their level best to up the ease of doing business like never before, whereas in reality they are destroying the little ease we ever had.
Re: How EFCC Is Destroying The Economy With Its Excesses. My Case Study. by tudor900: 8:05am On Dec 08, 2018
bolethings:
I would appreciate if you would be kind enough to read through before making assumptions. You can attack the message but not my person.

As much as I really want all the heartless, corrupt and selfish who have held down my beloved country to rot in jail. I would necer succumb to an anti corruption war style of the current EFCC. Give it to Magu, he's a bitter man as he admitted the very week he was initially nominated by the president in 2015. He made it clear that corrupt elements are actually best kept behind bars for life and I couldn't agree more. When someone diverts money meant for hospitals or roads which would benefit countless into his pocket. I agree such persons deserves a bullet to the forehead. However, what I detest is the virtually lack of strategy and noise making the EFCC has been known for in the last few years.

I'm actually also bitter right now that in it's bid to show off and claim it is actually working, the EFCC is actually causing more damage without a reasonable well thought strategy to all it's programs.

Recently, all new business account holders are subjected to getting a so called scuml certificate at www.scuml.org , I have been using corporate accounts for 10 years now and because I needed to open another account in order is to help a friend who just got employed in a bank, it has been hell for the past 2 months. Normally banks confirm your company is duly registered with the corporate affairs commission before you can get their cheque book and you actually have to pay the banks for that. Search fee they call it.

I opened the new account, got a cheque book and expectedly I gave the account to clients. I had a new invention and I was able to get 300 interested distributors, however as a new product, they were all afraid to make payments for the products and just one of them did while others said once he gets the goods and customers give good feedbacks they'll pay for theirs also. 2 months now, I can't access the money neither do I have the trust of other interested distributors because the guy who paid has been telling everyone he hasn't gotten anything. This is because the account has been blocked with bank insisting I must get a scuml certificate, I've filled the form online, submitted documents at the EFCC office, done so much and I have been asked to come back next week for over 5 weeks now. Wasting money and time. Expectedly my gain should be not less than 20k on each distributor and I had plans to employ at least 10 new workers to ensure we keep up production. I can't do that now because the person who even paid hasn't gotten anything in 2 months yet EFCC told me yesterday they are awaiting confirmation from CAC on the company's certificate. That's 7 weeks after I submitted the application. The bank is also saying they can't release the funds because they'll have to pay a fine of N2m to the EFCC.

I was shocked yesterday when I saw almost 150 people, some even coming from Abuja because according to them scuml certificate is only issued in Lagos so if you open an account anywhere in the country, you have to come to Lagos. Many said they've been to Lagos more than twice just because they need to open account.

I felt so humiliated when I heard the government now saying it takes 2 days to register a company but in truth you would not even be able to use the account for atleast 2 months due to EFCCs overbearing and overreaching excesses. After all if you register a company you open an account in the company's name.

I regret ever considering President Buhari for this top job, because while President Jonathan was in charge, he was solely blamed for the excesses of his aides and appointees, now that President Buhari is in charge, it's only fair we serve him the same as he did his predecessor. I am sorry but I don't think President Buhari is fit enough for that office, forget his health, this government lacks innovative ideas that the country badly needs right now. We have more pressing concerns as a nation that shouting corruption everytime, they claim we are world's top 3 producers of rice but suddenly after a month Lake rice disappeared from the markets.

I am speaking from personal experience and I can only wish this isn't affecting too many businesses. My client is threatening to report me to the Police and I can't blame him. I paid for adverts, halls, refreshment and even had to travel to 5 states showcasing my innovation before I could convince people to be distributors. My only mistake was opening a new account and trying to expand business while Magu was still in charge. I hope these dullards and incompetent power mongers won't destroy this country with their noise making and no action attitudes. God bless Nigeria.

So how far bro. Whats your latest experience about this?
Have you been able to access your account?
Its a shame how government cannot put their heads together to assist or promote well meaning, honest Nigerians who are striving to make a decent living out of legitimate means. All they do is promise us fake next level and promote thieves and corrupt people. Its a shame bro
Re: How EFCC Is Destroying The Economy With Its Excesses. My Case Study. by ememibies: 11:30pm On Jan 02, 2022
EVG Business Consulting Limited has been in existence since 2018 offering the following services:

Business name registration: 16,000
Company Registration: 45,000
NGO: 95,000
Scuml: 40,000
TIN: 5,000
Accounting Services like Bookkeeping, payroll Computation, etc.
we also offer post incorporation services like change of name or director

Instagram: evgbusiness
Phone number: 08128057533
Email: Info@evgbusiness.com
Office address: Suite D1 Kuriftu Plaza by Ecobank Jabi Abuja.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Forget Biafra & Join Me To Rebuild Nigeria: Kanu Replies Osinbajo (video) / Not Hate Speech:biafra Senator/house Of Rep Have To Goback To Biafra To Make Law / QUESTION: For How Long Can Buhari Stay In London And Remain President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.