Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website (5374 Views)

Blogger NaijaSingleGirl Involved In An Accident On Her Way Home For Christmas / Blogger Or Wordpress, Which One Is Better In Creating Music Blog / Total Cost In Creating A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by PulseWeb: 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
The stages are:

(1) Specification Stage.

At this stage, the client (the person who needs a website done) tells the designer or developer the functionalities and features they want their website to have. This stage is crucial because if the designer doesnt get the specifications correctly, he might end up designing something out of the spec of the client. The client also needs to be realistic at this stage with the specification, no voodoo or magic feature requests. Once the client and designer are on the same page, the specification stage is then passed.

(2) Design & Development

At this stage, the designer / developer takes the specification from the client, uses it to design the website. Some developers create wire-frames, some dont (I dont) , I always create the site from my understanding of how the site should look like and the layout agreed in the specification from the client.

(3) Testing & Feedback

Once the designer believes he’s done with the site, he sends the link to the client to take a look at it. Once the client sees it, he may have some changes or updates he wants on the website, at this stage – he tells the designer the changes he wants (this is also called feedback) , while checking for little errors and ensuring the website is on par with the specifications submitted initially, the client is also testing the links, pages and how responsive the website is.

(4) Iteration & Deployment

Once the designer gets the feedback from the client, he takes it and implements the changes. Sends the link of the updated website to the client and when the client is 100% happy, the designer deploys the website and it goes live.

#thepresidentialhustle

4 Likes

Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by celestialAgent(m): 7:03am On Apr 26, 2017
I'm just here to grab FTC.

5 Likes

Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Ayodejioak(m): 7:03am On Apr 26, 2017
shocked
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by bigcil2(m): 7:04am On Apr 26, 2017
Hmmm
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by osumak2: 7:04am On Apr 26, 2017
kiss
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Innodon(m): 7:05am On Apr 26, 2017
Ok
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by PopeExplicit(m): 7:05am On Apr 26, 2017
This is apt and educational.
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Deeypeey(m): 7:06am On Apr 26, 2017
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!
Show sum love guyz...I love Nairaland!!

14 Likes

Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 26, 2017
okay
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Cashkito(m): 7:10am On Apr 26, 2017
Good
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Cashkito(m): 7:10am On Apr 26, 2017
Great smiley
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by bestspoke: 7:11am On Apr 26, 2017
Most designers skip creating wireframes because they like editing templates and not really designing. This is an integral aspect of preliminary design plan. Even its just a sketch of boxes and placeholders you can efficiently plan the layout of the contents supplied by your clients. It ultimately speeds up the design process since it serves as the laid down plan for your design project.

4 Likes

Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by ezecy: 7:14am On Apr 26, 2017
Nice Review

:

:
I will Design A Basic Company Website for 100 people for free. You are not paying me a dime. Its all for free. All you need to have is your domain and hosting which you can purchase by yourself. You will also provide your logo, images and content.

Its a freewill for 100Persons

You can call or chat over whatsapp via 0 9 0 6 5 2 3 4 8 5 9

Design concept will be based on your kind of business and it will be a basic company website just 5Pages (Home,About Us,Services, Clientele/Gallery, Contact Us) and above all it will be highly responsive.

Its a freewill
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by TohKunBoh: 7:14am On Apr 26, 2017
Nice one
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by seunoni34(m): 7:18am On Apr 26, 2017
bestspoke:
Most designers skip creating wireframes because they like editing templates and not really designing. This is an integral aspect of preliminary design plan. Even its just a sketch of boxes and placeholders you can efficiently plan the layout of the contents supplied by your clients. It ultimately speeds up the design process since it serves as the laid down plan for your design project.
It's not every client that wants you to create something from scratch. Most especially when you're dealing with a numb(in naija) . Most of them always have something in mind and once they see a design that looks like it they are satisfied. That's why I prefer using templates, except the website is a service based one (with cms, admin etc) and design isn't a priority, then I use wireframe to create the designs.

2 Likes

Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by yorex2011: 7:21am On Apr 26, 2017
Have nothing to say or add... grin
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by dicksonadams(m): 7:42am On Apr 26, 2017
Specification,

design prototype,

test/Iterate prototype

(once prototype is satisfactory), commence development

,Test

, go live
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by ozoneakoche: 7:46am On Apr 26, 2017
After purchasing ur domain name hosting, will u keep renewing it to keep ur website running?
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Goldenheart(m): 7:49am On Apr 26, 2017
Seen!
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by 4kimportX: 7:54am On Apr 26, 2017
do I have to have a lil knowledge b4 I can start designing websitrs
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by DANDeGENERAL(m): 8:07am On Apr 26, 2017
i built a site for a church and please i will like your honest review and criticism. ... www.agukanaoffot.com.ng
just your take thanks

1 Like

Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by PulseWeb: 8:51am On Apr 26, 2017
yes of course
4kimportX:
do I have to have a lil knowledge b4 I can start designing websitrs
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 26, 2017
for your website call me 09090313949
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by dontel(m): 9:49am On Apr 26, 2017
For your web site/desktop application development,call 08063293254 or 07080958419
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 26, 2017
ozoneakoche:
After purchasing ur domain name hosting, will u keep renewing it to keep ur website running?
yea, its hosting that would require periodic renewal which is usually monthly.
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by just4tech: 10:57am On Apr 26, 2017
Okay
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Dawudski(m): 11:48am On Apr 26, 2017
pls, i need to design a forum website. how much does it costs?
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by PulseWeb: 11:56am On Apr 26, 2017
we can talk on whatsapp 08062207346
Dawudski:
pls, i need to design a forum website.
how much does it costs?
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by vickertony(m): 1:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Who can teach me web design especially how to design WordPress websites.
Re: The Stages Involved In Creating A Dope Website by Juliearth(f): 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
PulseWeb:
The stages are:

(1) Specification Stage.

At this stage, the client (the person who needs a website done) tells the designer or developer the functionalities and features they want their website to have. This stage is crucial because if the designer doesnt get the specifications correctly, he might end up designing something out of the spec of the client. The client also needs to be realistic at this stage with the specification, no voodoo or magic feature requests. Once the client and designer are on the same page, the specification stage is then passed.

(2) Design & Development

At this stage, the designer / developer takes the specification from the client, uses it to design the website. Some developers create wire-frames, some dont (I dont) , I always create the site from my understanding of how the site should look like and the layout agreed in the specification from the client.

(3) Testing & Feedback

Once the designer believes he’s done with the site, he sends the link to the client to take a look at it. Once the client sees it, he may have some changes or updates he wants on the website, at this stage – he tells the designer the changes he wants (this is also called feedback) , while checking for little errors and ensuring the website is on par with the specifications submitted initially, the client is also testing the links, pages and how responsive the website is.

(4) Iteration & Deployment

Once the designer gets the feedback from the client, he takes it and implements the changes. Sends the link of the updated website to the client and when the client is 100% happy, the designer deploys the website and it goes live.

#thepresidentialhustle

CPT 413/CPT 425

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Start A Blogging Site / 13 Things You Must Do Before You Apply For Google Adsense For Fast Approval / How Much Does It Really Cost To Build A Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.