Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Does It Pays To Make friends With Lectures - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does It Pays To Make friends With Lectures (508 Views)

University Students Will Have To Wear Face Masks In All Lectures From September / Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members / How Much Does It Cost To Complete A Masters Degree In Nigerian Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Pays To Make friends With Lectures by Dablack1(m): 12:13am On Apr 26, 2017
HELLO NAIRALANDER

pls I seriously need your advise ... am a jambite sure I will be taking jamb this year for the first time and by the Grace of God I will b given admission

I want to ask for you guys opinion.....If I get into any higher institution... will it be beneficiary for me to make friends or to be more close to the lectures and HOD in my dept and faculty in other to get good grades or I should stay away from them..non of them should no anything about me but only know I exist in their dept

pls advise which one will be more better for me because when i meet new people am always introvert but when I mix more with them then I become extrovert... in short let me say I hardly talk or I hardly make friends pls advise me

mod pls help me push it to the permanent site
Re: Does It Pays To Make friends With Lectures by Zeedarh(f): 1:25am On Apr 26, 2017
Write JAMB and enter school first nah...
Re: Does It Pays To Make friends With Lectures by fergusen: 2:23am On Apr 26, 2017
Bros get admission first. It has it's pros and cons depending on how you manage it.
Re: Does It Pays To Make friends With Lectures by Tolexander: 2:43am On Apr 26, 2017
To start with, your lecturers are human being. Hence, the need to be friendly or make friends with them.

Don't make friends with people base on what you need from them, cos most times reasons for making friends are not often realized, this may call for frustration eventually. Many lecturers in my alma mater "may never" do the favour of giving you good grades if you are their friend. But I assure you, you will likely not fail their courses.

There are more reasons to be friendly with ones lecturers in school than expecting good grades from them;
1. These lecturers have the power to do and undo. There was a time a friend overslept and didn't come for his test, having read over the night. He already had a rapport with the lecturer and the lecturer decided to overlook the test and grade the students exam over 100.
I had the privilege of rewriting an exam in a secluded place the following semester after my lecturer had marked my answer script and I didn't have the grade he expected me to have. If I was not one of the lecturer's boys, I wouldn't enjoy that privilege.

2. There are sometimes when there will be problem(s) with one's academic activity like missing script, department wahala, missing elective course, having problem with one of the lecturers in the department, The lecturers you are friendly with (mostly part adviser) "can" be of help in these situations.

3. Sometimes, one needs these lecturers recommendation to achieve some things like scholarship, post graduate admission, professional exams and some registration. Not having a rapport with these lecturers may make it so difficult and herculean to get their recommendation.

A female student should however be very careful relating with the male lecturers

1 Like

Re: Does It Pays To Make friends With Lectures by katelyryan: 6:17am On Apr 26, 2017
Be yourself,there's no need to change yourself and stop overthinking.
Re: Does It Pays To Make friends With Lectures by Dablack1(m): 10:58am On Apr 26, 2017
Tolexander:
To start with, your lecturers are human being. Hence, the need to be friendly or make friends with them.

Don't make friends with people base on what you need from them, cos most times reasons for making friends are not often realized, this may call for frustration eventually. Many lecturers in my alma mater "may never" do the favour of giving you good grades if you are their friend. But I assure you, you will likely not fail their courses.

There are more reasons to be friendly with ones lecturers in school than expecting good grades from them;
1. These lecturers have the power to do and undo. There was a time a friend overslept and didn't come for his test, having read over the night. He already had a rapport with the lecturer and the lecturer decided to overlook the test and grade the students exam over 100.
I had the privilege of rewriting an exam in a secluded place the following semester after my lecturer had marked my answer script and I didn't have the grade he expected me to have. If I was not one of the lecturer's boys, I wouldn't enjoy that privilege.

2. There are sometimes when there will be problem(s) with one's academic activity like missing script, department wahala, missing elective course, having problem with one of the lecturers in the department, The lecturers you are friendly with (mostly part adviser) "can" be of help in these situations.

3. Sometimes, one needs these lecturers recommendation to achieve some things like scholarship, post graduate admission, professional exams and some registration. Not having a rapport with these lecturers may make it so difficult and herculean to get their recommendation.

A female student should however be very careful relating with the male lecturers
I love this thank you

(1) (Reply)

Urgent!!! JAMB 2017 Mock Exam Date Announced.... Reprint Your E-slip Now! / JAMB 2017: Applicants Experience Registration Difficulties-noipolls / Jamb Urges Candidates To Crosscheck Their Registration Data Before Midnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.