Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) (49682 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by sCun: 7:31am On Apr 26, 2017
Antina:

This one no be Christian and Muslim matter!! Oni of Ife rank no near Oba of Lagos rank in any way, Oni of ife na first class Oba, and I no sure Oba of Lagos dey among 3rd class Oba for yorubaland.

So, don't know where he got the gut from to snub Oni like that!!!!
You won't understand.

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Elnino4ladies: 7:35am On Apr 26, 2017
Antina:

Supremacy ke? For where!
I'm not Yoruba
I don't even get what is going on
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by absoluteSuccess: 7:36am On Apr 26, 2017
This is borne out of the rift between the last kings of ife and benin.

Akinolu wants to identify with benin at all cost, this is part of it.

He said 'the man is making sense' when other Yoruba cried foul at the last benin monarch's book.

He is lonely now historical wise.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by emi14: 7:39am On Apr 26, 2017
adeadeyera:
In contemporary history, the Oba of Lagos is the only monarch that's publicly defied royalty by behaving in manner that's unkingly.

The other day, he said a set of people who won't vote for his anointed candidate at the last poll "would perish in the lagoon".

This same guy attended a function and opened a bottle of alcohol with his teeth and drank himself to stupor; till he couldn't walk and had to be aided.

What do you expect?

Good riddance!
Hahahahahahahaha..opened harp larger with teeth. Exaggerated lagooonian.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by SycophanticGoat: 7:40am On Apr 26, 2017
Imagine that useless and brainless Emmanuel Dele on that twitter reactions. The fool practically left the disgraceful encounter between his obas only to begin throwing jabs at Igbos.

Why are some people hell bent on being senselessly retarded in the name of exhibiting tribal supremacy?? SmH.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by nopains: 7:43am On Apr 26, 2017
afonja no get love for themselves. see the leaders they genuflect to disgracing their race.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Mbediogu(m): 7:44am On Apr 26, 2017
Give me the Ooni any day. So called On a Lagoon has no real kingdom. On a Lagos remains a creature of an early Ooni. Toni Kabiyesi o.
Our Yoruba brothers should handle this because we regard their cultural heritage very highly.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by sCun: 7:47am On Apr 26, 2017
Jarus:
Heard Ooni came late to the event and the event has to be interrupted. That might have irked Oba of Lagos.

But public snub for a senior traditional ruler is disrespectful.
He came late and refused to sit down quietly like the royalty he is supposed to be
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by ajepako(f): 7:48am On Apr 26, 2017
This is monumental insult to Oduduwa that OOni is representing..

I am ashamed the king of my home state would descend that low to be boldly insolent to a first class Oba of the entire Yoruba race home and in diaspora...

If Eleko is my father, I would advise him to tender an apology to Ooni, his senior in Obaship..

Nkan ti ko daa o loruko meji...Ko daa ni..

4 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Reference(m): 7:50am On Apr 26, 2017
policy12:

Naija we will always have something to hold on to yesterday it was NK bail, today na Obas issues we will leave national matter and concentrate on Matias.

Our looters always serve us something hot to argue, to say and distract us from d major issues..in fela voice my people dey inside bus suffering and smiling.

And the unending prime time soap opera called 'Ultimate Loot Chase' starring Ibrahim Magu and directed by Pastor O and produced by Presido with special appearances by the DSS is not distracting this nation from the critical need to restructure in order to set it on the path to development ba? Abi, what has been the gain in all that. There are drama kings and queens everywhere you go.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by obailala(m): 7:51am On Apr 26, 2017
Doesn't completely look like a snub, just looks like the picture caught an awkward moment.

Modified:
I just saw the video grin grin The lagoon oba na just NPF.

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by MrOlai: 7:52am On Apr 26, 2017
This is very very wrong of Oba of Lagos!

If he could do that to his superior, what message is he passing across to Yorubas?

It is quite unfortunate!

3 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Antina(f): 7:52am On Apr 26, 2017
sCun:
You won't understand.

I understand what u saying very well.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by augustine: 7:54am On Apr 26, 2017
CastedDude:
The Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akiolu has been trending on twitter since yesterday night after he was caught on camera publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi at a public event.

A video in which the Lagos monarch, Oba Akiolu refused to shake the hands of the Ooni of Ife, has emerged and is currently trending online.

The video shows the Ooni walking in and exchanging pleasantries, when it was time to greet the Oba of Lagos, he was snubbed with a passive greeting from the monarch.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/04/see-what-nigerians-are-saying-after-oba.html
Hangover of police work. Everybody is a suspect.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by sCun: 7:55am On Apr 26, 2017
Antina:

I understand what u saying very well.
Ooni is a rare Christian traditional ruler in Yoruba land. Traditional seats are usually reservedfor muslims. That is why he's getting this treatment
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by policy12: 7:57am On Apr 26, 2017
Reference:

And the unending prime time soap opera called 'Ultimate Loot Chase' starring Ibrahim Magu and directed by Pastor O and produced by Presido with special appearances by the DSS is not distracting this nation from the critical need to restructure in order to set it on the path to development ba? Abi, what has been the gain in all that. There are drama kings and queens everywhere you go.

Hmm.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by onilpee: 8:03am On Apr 26, 2017
CastedDude:
The Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akiolu has been trending on twitter since yesterday night after he was caught on camera publicly humiliating the Ooni of Ife Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi at a public event.

A video in which the Lagos monarch, Oba Akiolu refused to shake the hands of the Ooni of Ife, has emerged and is currently trending online.
Oba of lagos is rude.........he didn't knw hystory
The video shows the Ooni walking in and exchanging pleasantries, when it was time to greet the Oba of Lagos, he was snubbed with a passive greeting from the monarch.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/04/see-what-nigerians-are-saying-after-oba.html
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Kobicove(m): 8:03am On Apr 26, 2017
clefstone:
the ooni is too forward sef. The Ife kingmakers should take a cue from the Oba of Benin. If it were the omon'obo, he wouldn't be shaking hands with every front sit personality like young adults in a high school reunoin. There is a way a king should comport himself in public to avoid such WORK HAZARD. To me, it was a show of arrogance and classlessness from the Oba of Lagos but the Ooni played into it. Both kings r culpable

I agree with you...the Ooni needs to learn to make himself 'scarce' and less accessible undecided
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by bakynes(m): 8:03am On Apr 26, 2017
goldman777:
The truth is that historically the oba of lagos was crowned by oba of benin and benin and Yoruba's still argue over cultural supremacy even though the oba of lagos is a yoruba man the historical grudge is still there undecided
There is no grudge nor argument about this, the Seat or throne of Lagos is that of Yoruba not Benin. All Oba of Lagos have always been Yorubas except a period when the Oba of Benin conquered Lagos and placed a representative there till when the British came and restored the throne back to the Yoruba King.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by labanji(m): 8:05am On Apr 26, 2017
ednut1:
What is the usefulness of these guys self. All they do is flaunt Rolls Royce. Mtcheew

Slave Mentality,
Your colonial masters have taught you how to hate your culture.
Motherfucker

2 Likes

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by tripoli007(m): 8:05am On Apr 26, 2017
This man wey no get level . oba of Lagos island ,he dares not go around oniru or lekki and flaunt his obaship .. I blame the Benin kingdom for this ..I think the oba of Benin can still withdraw that title of oba given on that yeye oba abi baale of Lagos island
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:06am On Apr 26, 2017
This is wat u get when you abuse office of the Ooni.
Ooni of ife, as the custodian of the yoruba race is not supposed to be roaming the streets up and down, but u see dis young chap carry the crown to comedy shows, telling us he's a joke. Even new oba of benin wey dey first go ife during the first days of his reign did not go, when d ooni wont sit in his palace, be doing yahoo-yahoo oba about.
He only got what was coming all along, and expect many more obas and baales to disrespect him.

Oh, and people, fyi, oba of lagos kingship does not answer to the ooni, he has more link to benin than yoruba, so NOTHING, i repeat, NOTHING THE OONI CAN DO TO HIM.
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by martinsfm(m): 8:11am On Apr 26, 2017
Ooni of Ife is the number king in yoruba land, Oba of Lagos should have even stood up when he came to greet him...lol... tradition has spoil

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by clefstone(m): 8:12am On Apr 26, 2017
Kobicove:

I agree with you...the Ooni needs to learn to make himself 'scarce' and less accessible undecided
exactly
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Antina(f): 8:13am On Apr 26, 2017
sCun:

Ooni is a rare Christian traditional ruler in Yoruba land. Traditional seats are usually reservedfor muslims. That is why he's getting this treatment

Your own thinking can even cause another brouhaha!!! Oh, u think that was why Oba Akinolu behaved that way? Tell me, how many people have treated him that way?
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by bakynes(m): 8:14am On Apr 26, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

This is wat u get when you abuse office of the Ooni.
Ooni of ife, as the custodian of the yoruba race is not supposed to be roaming the streets up and down, but u see dis young chap carry the crown to comedy shows, telling us he's a joke. Even new oba of benin wey dey first go ife during the first days of his reign did not go, when d ooni wont sit in his palace, be doing yahoo-yahoo oba about.
He only got what was coming all along, and expect many more obas and baales to disrespect him.

Oh, and people, fyi, oba of lagos kingship does not answer to the ooni, he has more link to benin than yoruba, so NOTHING, i repeat, NOTHING THE OONI CAN DO TO HIM.
You guys know nothing but just type rubbish, no Oba in Yoruba Land is answerable to any Oba,its just out of respect for the first spiritual leader of the cradle of Yoruba Land.

The seat of throne in Lagos is a Yoruba Kingship and not Benin. The seat existed long before Oba of Benin conquered Lagos and named it Eko. It was restored to the Yoruba king when the British came there.

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Saintp(m): 8:15am On Apr 26, 2017
policy12:

Naija we will always have something to hold on to yesterday it was NK bail, today na Obas issues we will leave national matter and concentrate on Matias.

Our looters always serve us something hot to argue, to say and distract us from d major issues..in fela voice my people dey inside bus suffering and smiling.

So the life of a Nigerian should revolve around looters that we should not talk about anything else? Nothing else should matter to us except looting politicians?
Bros, the small small issues are also part of life and must be talked about.

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by sCun: 8:15am On Apr 26, 2017
Antina:

Your own thinking can even cause another brouhaha!!! Oh, u think that was why Oba Akinolu behaved that way? Tell me, how many people have treated him that way?

innocent girl
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Antina(f): 8:19am On Apr 26, 2017
sCun:
innocent girl

Hmmm
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Daddybright1986(m): 8:19am On Apr 26, 2017
Justice Binta Nyako has sentenced Nnamdi Kanu to a different kind of imprisonment today.

They granted him "bail" and said he should not be in the company of more than 10 people. This is worse than slavery.

What this means is that he can not go to church,synagogue or market. It also means that he can not be in the company of his father,mother,sibblings,wife and children(if they are up to 10). This a worse form of imprisonment.

Meanwhile, sen. Ndume, facing trial in court for being a boko haram member can go to the mosque and the senate freely.

The concept of one Nigeria is so clearly a farce

1 Like

Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:20am On Apr 26, 2017
bakynes:

There is no grudge nor argument about this, the Seat or throne of Lagos is that of Yoruba not Benin. All Oba of Lagos have always been Yorubas except a period when the Oba of Benin conquered Lagos and placed a representative there till when the British came and restored the throne back to the Yoruba King.

Do we need to go back into history on this? The original title of the oba of lagos is ELEKO, before westerners and other factors changed it to Oba.
You see, awori and ijebu are the lagosians, especially the aworis but they dont have one stable king because they were always migrating, trying to find the most stable location around the rivers and lagoon of the area we now know as lagos. But the benin kingdon was expanding into the southwest and found lagos as a good settlement place to launch attack, hence they called d place EKO, meaning where we gather. The warrior oba of benin was the fist ruler of eko after conquering the land but he had to put another to govern and return to his benin kingdom where he is the spiritual head (because, barring any trouble needing his attention outside the kingdom he stays in his palace), hence the title ELEKO of EKO.
But the western world had contact, slave trade, treachery, jazz and you know the rest
Re: Oba Akiolu Snubs Ooni Ogunwusi As Nigerians React (Photo) by Antina(f): 8:22am On Apr 26, 2017
martinsfm:
Ooni of Ife is the number king in yoruba land, Oba of Lagos should have even stood up when he came to greet him...lol... tradition has spoil

Someone said something very important in the tweet, he said " that is what u get when ifa (oracle) stops picking people, that if Ifa (oracle) had picked them two, they should know better. grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oba Saheed Elegushi Marries Hadiza Tanko As Second Wife (photos) / Masquerade In London. White Men Wearing Egungun Costume Dance In London Streets / I’m A Bride Waiting To Be Dressed Up - Silekunola Naomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.