Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,686 members, 7,865,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

Is Umar Farouk Abdul-mutallab’s Father (parents) Culpable In This Matter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Umar Farouk Abdul-mutallab’s Father (parents) Culpable In This Matter? (710 Views)

We Must Settle This Matter Today / I Can't Marry An Undergraduate, No Love In This Matter / Would You Stand By Your Spouse, No Matter What? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Umar Farouk Abdul-mutallab’s Father (parents) Culpable In This Matter? by Teminio: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2010
We are all jolted to the reality of the situation that has become a great stigma on us all as a nation. A Nigerian young man who choose to drag the name of his family and that of the nation through the mud thereby exposing the citizenry to further ridicule; and bring condemnation to a nation gradually rebranding a battered image.

The question is; what went wrong with Umar Farouk's upbringing that was concealed from his parent to have gotten to this level? Should(n't) the parents (particularly the father, being a son) be blamed for the unfortunate adventure of this boy?
Re: Is Umar Farouk Abdul-mutallab’s Father (parents) Culpable In This Matter? by Teminio: 4:36pm On Jan 06, 2010
Anybody home?
Re: Is Umar Farouk Abdul-mutallab’s Father (parents) Culpable In This Matter? by Teminio: 4:37pm On Jan 06, 2010
Can we discuss this and take learnings, especially parents in the house?
Re: Is Umar Farouk Abdul-mutallab’s Father (parents) Culpable In This Matter? by agathamari(f): 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
everyone is too busy pointing the fingers at everyone else. the ONLY person to blame for Umar's actions is Umar himself. he is an adult, he is responsible for himself.
Re: Is Umar Farouk Abdul-mutallab’s Father (parents) Culpable In This Matter? by Outstrip(f): 2:35am On Jan 07, 2010
Absolutely in my opinion they are. You cannot claim to be parenting a child when he is in a different country in the most important stages of his life. I am sorry but his parents should be ashamed of themselves. I have never understood why parents would send their children far away to school when there are other options.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can U do To Protect Your Sisters As A Man / What Should A Woman Do To A Drunk Husband? / Of What Importance Is The Choice Of Hall For A Wedding Reception?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.