Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,589 members, 7,861,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:41 PM

Why Weild The Upper Hand? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Weild The Upper Hand? (277 Views)

Fire Outbreak At Upper-iweka / Photos:trailer Carrying Construction Tractor Failed Break In Onitsha Upper Iweka / Download – Gentle Storm “my Past” Feat Upper X (prod.bantybeat) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Weild The Upper Hand? by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 26, 2017
When I read posts about relationships in recent times, I see a move by each gender to claim a manipulation of the human mind in other to get the upper hand in that relationship. I see things like;
Women use sex to control men.
Men use money to control women.
Parents use attention and approval to control children.
Children use excellence to control parents.
And i wonder just what next we ought to discover.
It is true that the person who controls an individual's mind controls that individual. But I ask, 'is controlling a person the same as love?'
Or...
Does controlling a person make you better?'
I don't think life should be about who has the upper hand or how holds all the cards. I honestly believe life is much more about an intimate journey to self discovery. A discovery that will sprout forth new and versatile changes that can suffrage. Look at people who have enhanced time and future, they weren't people who wanted control on human beings, no. They were people who wanted the control of elements in nature to enable them build their selves. And this they were able to do because they had a better picture of who they were and what they needed to function.
I look at the human race and I see a gradual miss from the path of enhancement to that of competition and control and I realize what I don't want to be.
My relationship with anyone, is founded on a ground of interest not a desire for control. I do not want anyone who controls me or wants to. I walk away from such relationships. They are never productive. There should be no rules to how any two people choose to love or be loved. No one should use their bad experiences to make another feel insecure and crazed with the notion for control.
I have more to say but I lack the words...help me...for in us all lies our significance...
Cheerio
Re: Why Weild The Upper Hand? by troy20(m): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2017
couldnt agree more.why the need to want to wield the upper hand...to control.i think it majorly has to do with some sort of insecurity though we all as human beings tend to have our varying insecurities, the degree of ones insecurity or sensitiveness to situations becomes the worry.

(1) (Reply)

VACANCY - INTERN RADIOGRAPHER / Corvey Museum Palace / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.