Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,135 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall (33650 Views)

Complete My House Or Travel Abroad? / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More / Concerns About Visible Cracks On The Walls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by echelons(m): 7:08am On Apr 27, 2017
Time to start planning on moving or really reconstruction.
The rains will pull that house down.
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by money121(m): 7:11am On Apr 27, 2017
Ok
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by Hades2016(m): 7:11am On Apr 27, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by goldedprince: 7:11am On Apr 27, 2017
maybe ypu should use a real camera to snap it so we can explain.
how do u expect us to explain when you are taking pics with nokia torch
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by M2dX(m): 7:11am On Apr 27, 2017
Foxyn:
the sign is clear.

this means that the witches are trying to destroy your house spiritually though it's happening physically for you to see.

now here's what you need to do, buy insects powder, pour inside the lines and cement it.

by 12:00am, you wake up and pray on it. then finalize the prayer by pouring an olive oil on where you cemented it

count yourself a free man

go and sin no more
are you for real? undecided
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 27, 2017
VERIFIED AND AFFORDABLE LANDS FOR SALE AROUND AJAH

Oakwood Gardens: Lakowe, Ajah.
Description: 675sqm = #13.5M // 900sqm = #18M
Title: Governor's Consent

Oakwood Gardens phase 2
Description: 600sqm = #5.4M
Title: C of O

Destiny Gardens phase 1: Ibeju Lekki
Description: 600sqm = #5M
Title: Government's Excision

Destiny Gardens phase 2: Ibeju Lekki
Description: 600sqm = #4M
Title: Government's Excission

Legacy Gardens phase 1: Eleranigbe
Description: 600sqm = #3M

Legacy Gardens phase 2: Eleranigbe
Description: 600sqm = #3M

Oakwood Gardens phase 3: Ibeju Lekki
Description: 600sqm = #5M

Paradise Gardens: FTZ Ibeju Lekki
Description: 600sqm = #3.5M

Open Heavens phase 2: Eleranigbe
Description: 600sqm = #1.7M

Diamond Estate phase 1: Off Monastery road, Sangotedo, Ajah
Description: 600sqm = #7.7M

Trinity Gardens phase 2: Eleranigbe
Description: 600sqm = #1.4M

Atlantic Bay Estate: Behind May Fair Gardens, Awoyaya.
Description: 600sqm = #4.5M

Call/WhatsApp: +2348138718647; +2348023480776
info@naijapropertiesonline.com

www.naijapropertiesonline.com
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by GeneralOjukwu: 7:12am On Apr 27, 2017
ekanDamie:

u just wasted space being senseless. pls stop trying to be funny, u sound childish

Damn...you just made Foxyn cry.... cheesy

I wish you the best with this issue. I know there are plenty architects and civil engineers here.

Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by otopxy: 7:14am On Apr 27, 2017
you need new structure my bro

1 Like

Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by BizBayo: 7:14am On Apr 27, 2017
The gods are playing angry walls with you... grin grin grin

Na joke o
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by Alphyno: 7:15am On Apr 27, 2017
You better leave that house now. That's a sign the building is about to collapse.

You better run for your life now, to avoid the story that touch
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by GeneralOjukwu: 7:16am On Apr 27, 2017
Foxyn:
if you like go with my advice if you like ignore

The guy already disgraced you soundly...

Time to shut up! grin

3 Likes

Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by victorazy(m): 7:18am On Apr 27, 2017
Foxyn:
the sign is clear.

this means that the witches are trying to destroy your house spiritually though it's happening physically for you to see.

now here's what you need to do, buy insects powder, pour inside the lines and cement it.

by 12:00am, you wake up and pray on it. then finalize the prayer by pouring an olive oil on where you cemented it

go and sin no more

grin
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by bravesoul247(m): 7:18am On Apr 27, 2017
Foxyn:
the sign is clear.

go and sin no more
You just exhibited something and that is immaturity. There was absolutely no need for you to comment instead you chose to show your actual person. Ride on!

1 Like

Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by israelmao(m): 7:20am On Apr 27, 2017
Faulty foundations and use of standard materials are responsible for most cracks in buildings.
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by OlanUp(m): 7:20am On Apr 27, 2017
I think the problem starts off from the foundation. If what is called German floor was done before setting of blocks this might not have happened because the foundation will be 'form' and topology and movement of the ground soil would not have affected the house so much as this. That is what I think is the root cause, but ask or let qualified builders and architect advice you professionally on what to be done. You can post this on the Property section so that it can be discussed on in an open forum where we have serious responders and not 'wanna be funny clowns' replying you.
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by kabillion(m): 7:21am On Apr 27, 2017
U need to sing a hym from ancient and modern b4 it is too late
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by elhafeez(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2017
Op before I give my opinion. can u help me answer these questions.
how old is the buiilding?
where is the crack wider? at the top or bottom of wall.
how many of this cracks are around the house?
what is the height of your roof(king post). can we say your roof is heavy(trying to determine the weight of the roof)

1 Like

Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by chineduemmao: 7:27am On Apr 27, 2017
Foxyn:
if you like go with my advice if you like ignore
shatap and kontinu wit ur jokes
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by Alasi20(m): 7:27am On Apr 27, 2017
Still Learning
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by johnson232: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2017
Godspikin:

Bearing capacity is one of the reasons, foundation type is another... but most times having a knowledge of the bearing capacity can help you in putting a suitable foundation type in place...

The essence of doing Geotechnical tests in some sites(especially for big projects, such as high rise buildings) is to ascertain the properties of the soil to design appropriate foundations for it...
thanks alot
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by 2shure: 7:28am On Apr 27, 2017
Men dis hpuse don cast.
Rain wan finish una.
Buy bricks and feel safer.
No cracks.
No hacks
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by yanjutomi(m): 7:29am On Apr 27, 2017
this is called settlment in foundation caused but d soil which it house is built on. During d construction period test on bearing capacity of soil should av been carried out or d contractor should av excavated to a hard pan in d soil. I can go on till......
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by CzarChris(m): 7:29am On Apr 27, 2017
ekanDamie:
architect and builders in the building pls I have pictures here showing the front view of our building
it started small and has enlarged to the extent the crack in the pics can now be viewed from inside, it's a see through.
please is there any explanation or solution to this menace?
(in a layman's language) I suspect settlement is the problem the foundation may have been good, but the soil around it may have settled and that makes the foundation want to slant, since concrete is brittle and can't bend the result is those cracks you see. Underpinning is the longlasting solution as someone suggested earlier, but for temporary, but"lasting" solution crack the walls open and insert reinforcement rods in them in cover up with a concrete mix.

This why I always advocate soil tests before erecting a structure.

1 Like

Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by Princekembas(m): 7:30am On Apr 27, 2017
ekanDamie:
architect and builders in the building pls I have pictures here showing the front view of our building
it started small and has enlarged to the extent the crack in the pics can now be viewed from inside, it's a see through.
this happens when the building is not chained(i mean the lintel not running round the building but only above the doors and windows.) the solution to it is only underpinning and which is way costly to an extent.
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by Nizguy(m): 7:30am On Apr 27, 2017
this is as a result of settlement, which occur in the soil (soil foundation) as the soil is settling so the structures erected on it do shack and move thereby cracking the wall.

remedy. either u break the wall( affected area) from foundation and cast it very well or add columns (pillar) or u refill with cement
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by oyejideogunjumo: 7:31am On Apr 27, 2017
ekanDamie:
Although am none of the people mentioned to help u bt all the same I wl try.
I had a similar experience abt 10 years ago on my personal building.
The concrete used for foundation failed in that portion. Just break that portion down to the foundation and recast and build up or break down to foundation and pillar it.
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by linearity: 7:37am On Apr 27, 2017
Clearly a faulty foundation or that side of the war war built on faulty soil or a soil that is giving away.

Patching is not going to work, with time, it will eventually fall.

You can find additional support for the roof, then dig and lay a proper foundation for that side. It will not be a walk in the park, but it can be done without condemning the whole building.
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by chemystery: 7:37am On Apr 27, 2017
ekanDamie:
Cracks are caused by expansion which is as a result of high magnesia and/or free lime in the cement used.
High magnesia and/or freelime translates to poor quality cement.

Forget about those telling you about foundation.

I'm neither an architect nor a civil engineer nor a builder but
I'm a cement/building material expert.
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by opobo007: 7:38am On Apr 27, 2017
I would rather you don't make the same mistake twice, get an expert involved in fixing the problem. It's obviously a foundation problem judging from the cracks in the picture as it goes down to your foundation. You can buy the materials for fixing yourself bt let the right person do the fixing. Best of luck
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by chineduemmao: 7:38am On Apr 27, 2017
M2dX:
are you for real? undecided
definitely not...
Re: Please Who Can Explain This Visible Cracks On My House Wall by chineduemmao: 7:40am On Apr 27, 2017
BizBayo:
The gods are playing angry walls with you... grin grin grin

Na joke o
better for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building Collapses In Obalende, Lagos. 4 Dead / Properties In Port Harcourt Destroyed After A Heavy Rainfall (Photos) / Building Collapses In Sango Police Barracks, Ibadan, Oyo State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.