Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Son Calls Me Mummy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Son Calls Me Mummy (1185 Views)

My Father-in-law Is Five Years Younger Than Me... But Calls Me Son' / Our 19months Old Son Calls My Wife Mummy And Baby / I'm Tired Of Been A "Mummy's Girl"!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Son Calls Me Mummy by kokoye(m): 3:34pm On Jan 05, 2010
My 2yr old son calls me 'mummy' and he calls his mom 'mama'. He does this only when we are indoors so I know it is on purpose. Also when he sees a picture of me he shouts 'daddy' so yea, he knows what he's doing.

Whenever he call me mummy and I tell him to call me daddy, he screams 'No!' with a mischievous (sp?) grin on is face grin. So I have stopped answering him until he calls me daddy . . except he truly needs attention.

Again, he does this only indoors and we know he does it on purpose. But how can it be stopped?

It's all fun but gets annoying at times. Not like I wear skirts and use make-up cheesy
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2010
you must realy love your son to just want to share this with us. cute story btw smiley
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by kokoye(m): 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2010
Yep, he's also my best friend. But that should not be a surprise.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by Tsiya(m): 4:52pm On Jan 05, 2010
get a small koboko and bulala him small
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by ubiaa5(f): 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2010
leave him alone since he does it on purpose,he will stop it on his own,trying to force it will only make him do it more,2yrs is a crazy time,trust me i have one.gd luck.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by kokoye(m): 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2010
Tsiya:

get a small koboko and bulala him small

I tried that.

He grabbed it from me and dealt with me instead  angry

ubiaa5:

leave him alone since he does it on purpose,he will stop it on his own,trying to force it will only make him do it more,2yrs is a crazy time,trust me i have one.gd luck.

No use of force. I only decided not to answer him except the issue is life-threatening  grin
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by tallgal(f): 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2010
He'll grow out of it.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2010
Find out what he dislikes and call him that (a cartoon character/pet name maybe?) everytime he calls you mommy. Always works.
Example: I used to hate being called mummy/daddy's pet. My lil bro hates when people pronounce his name with a local intonation.
If u observe and try enough, u'll find something sufficiently 'cute' so he thinks twice b4 mommy comes out of his mouth. He'll stop in a week or less.
PS: yeah, u'll find that his reaction when u call his cute nickname is funny too.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by kokoye(m): 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2010
Well, he's at the naughty / stubborn stage so he knows what is right but decides not to do it with a mischievous grin. Ive tried a bunch of stuff but he ends up laughing at me cos I'm always the one who gets tired eventually.

Yep. He will grow out of it.

gotta love 'em!
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by chika98: 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2010
It would be nice to hear about the mother of this son every once in a while too grin
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by agathamari(f): 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2010
he is doing it for attention. he knows if he does it you'll react. its a game to him. dont "reward" his behavior but saying "its daddy not mummy". when he doesnt get the responce he wants he will get bored of it, like any game
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by zayhal(f): 6:14pm On Jan 06, 2010
I have a little girl who does same. She'll even say outrightly. "My mummy is my daddy and my daddy is my mummy", whenever she's mad with either parent. And tell the one she wants to annoy, 'you're not my daddy, you're my mummy".

So they say those things deliberately to retaliate so to say.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by Busybody2(f): 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2010
chika98:

It would be nice to hear about the mother of this son every once in a while too grin

Oush grin

Read something about her "big yansh" somewhere on the "yansh" thread he opened last year, is that enough Chika98 cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2010
him go name the next baby after one of you as you dey remind am of big yansh.

red flag to a bull where most naija men are concerned.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by spikedcylinder: 7:42pm On Jan 06, 2010
Lol.
Call him a name he doesn't like when he calls you mummy. See how far that goes.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by kokoye(m): 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2010
chika98:

GO n look for some other lady's story to self-service on.

Water boy like you grin
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by chika98: 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2010
kokoye:

GO n look for some other lady's story to self-service on.

Water boy like you grin

I am not a man
I only wonder why you always talk about your son and not your wife. Would be nice to hear about her once in awhile.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by kokoye(m): 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2010
chika98:

I am not a man
I only wonder why you always talk about your son and not your wife. Would be nice to hear about her once in awhile.

Easy. Go thru my all my posts (from day one, if you can) then decide.

I wonder how many times I even post though.

Did not know I had a follower!
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by chika98: 11:39pm On Jan 06, 2010
kokoye:

Easy. Go thru my all my posts (from day one, if you can) then decide.

I wonder how many times I even post though.

Did not know I had a follower
!

LOL don't you wish!

I always run across postings about your son. That is all I am saying.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by kokoye(m): 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2010
I take your posts in good faith. . . so no hard feelings.

Well, if you need to know, my son makes me happy . . just like his mother.  wink
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by chika98: 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2010
kokoye:

I take your posts in good faith. . . so no hard feelings.

Well, if you need to know, my son makes me happy . . just like his mother.  wink

Good! I just want to hear about how happy she makes you every once in awhile. Haba ! Be romantic every once in while na grin wink
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by kokoye(m): 11:49pm On Jan 06, 2010
cheesy cheesy

Be romantic about my wife on Nairaland? naaa

But for real though, I do talk about her every once in a while . . but I hardly startup threads about her.

I will blame myself if I bring up something about her and some idiot posts makes some nasty comment that I cannot stand . .hope you understand

I dont joke with my woman . . treat her and my sisters with all the respect they deserve, whether i'm anonymous here or not.

It is my toddler son who does the funny stuff . . and it is ok for his age.

peace.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by spikedcylinder: 12:07am On Jan 07, 2010
kokoye:

But for real though, I do talk about her every once in a while . . but I hardly startup threads about her.

I will blame myself if I bring up something about her and some slowpoke posts makes some nasty comment that I cannot stand . .hope you understand

I knew it. Its better that way abeg. Too many lunatics here.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by amebono1: 2:14am On Jan 07, 2010
kokoye:

cheesy cheesy

I will blame myself if I bring up something about her and some slowpoke posts makes some nasty comment that I cannot stand . .hope you understand

I dont joke with my woman . . treat her and my sisters with all the respect they deserve, whether i'm anonymous here or not.

peace.

I AGREE WITH YOU
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by chika98: 8:44am On Jan 07, 2010
kokoye:

cheesy cheesy

peace.

LOL I totally understand sir. Messing about with you but hey it is better to keep private things that way. Deuces!
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by kokoye(m): 7:20pm On Jan 07, 2010
chika98:

LOL I totally understand sir. Messing about with you but hey it is better to keep private things that way. Deuces!

Thought you were being sarcastic with ur very first post but later realised you are well mannered and polite with ur posts - so you deserved the responses from me as well.

Enjoy ur day.
Re: Son Calls Me Mummy by Comma: 2:58am On Jan 08, 2010
pay your attantion and time to your lovely baby, it's really sweet time,
gd luck!

(1) (Reply)

U.k.: Girls As Young As Nine Being Forced Into Marriage / Help!!! Can Someone Get A Divorce Through Welfare / Counseling Needed And Matured Opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.