Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,475 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week - Phone/Internet Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone/Internet Market / A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week (3626 Views)

Jumia Mobile Week 2017 - Race For Best Mobile Deals In Nigeria / Jumia Mobile Week 2017(24-30th April): Race For Best Mobile Deals In Nigeria / Stop Loosing Your Customers To Jumia And Konga. Set Up Your Own Website In 10min (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by pacifistcognito: 10:50am On Apr 26, 2017
Now people, I been silently watching the evolution of something that strikes me as a price war from two e-commerce brands [Jumia and Kilimall] in Nigeria since the beginning of the Mobile Week. I’ll like you all to see this and confirm my doubts.

It all started on Monday 24th of April. After the much publicized Mobile Week, I had planned to leverage the promo to purchase a choice smartphone for myself and my wife. As usual, I decided to do a cross-platform price comparison before making the actual purchase.
On my way to the office in the morning, I checked the price of Infinix Hot 4 LITE on Jumia, it was N37,880. A few minutes later, I decided to compare price on Kilimall too and the Kilimall price was N35,000.

I was surprised, imagine the price margin. So, I thought I will quickly make the purchase on Kilimall when I get to the office. When I got to the office at 8:00 am, I got on the laptop and quickly decide to buy before the price go up. You know how these things are.
Because I am a frequent shopper on Jumia, I decided to confirm again on Jumia before buying the Hot 4 Lite from Kilimall. You wouldn’t believe it. Jumia lowered their price for the Infinix Hot 4 LITE too! It is now N33,500.

Being a truly Igbo man that I am, I thought Kilimall may just have lowered theirs too. Lo, and behold. They did. The same Hot 4 Lite was now N32,500!

I quickly made the purchase oo, before they change their mind and take the price up again. That was how the perceived price way between Kilimall and Jumia favoured me to make a purchase of the Infinix Hot 4 Lite for N32,500 from Kilimall ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Roland63: 10:59am On Apr 26, 2017
Interesting... grin

I know from my friends that Jumia and Kilimall are always fighting with prices in Kenya, but now seems the war moved to Nigeria as well lol.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by lindaike: 11:01am On Apr 26, 2017
really?

may wait & buy
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Flexherbal(m): 11:02am On Apr 26, 2017
Good for their customers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by dapspurplerain: 11:02am On Apr 26, 2017
This is not true, what kind of war? Jumia for me has the best prices this is just a one-off

1 Like

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 26, 2017
finally someone is pushing the likes of jumia and konga to the wall. they have been ripping us off for years. am loving this kilimall guys. got a powerbank from them at a ridiculous price. i surely will be going back to shop from them.

4 Likes

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by mike233: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2017
am going to have a try grin No risk
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Rolade06: 11:10am On Apr 26, 2017
Well, I have always known that there is price war between brands in Nigeria such as Konga and Jumia. It is seems Konga is no longer a threat to Jumia and Kilimall is taking over.

pacifistcognito Well, let the see if the price war will continue so i can buy my iPhone 6 plus just like you have benefited too. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Ore999: 11:11am On Apr 26, 2017
Crazy guys shocked, but really good for customers
Flexherbal:
Good for their customers.
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by mathew52: 11:20am On Apr 26, 2017
shocked
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Pelumi5: 11:21am On Apr 26, 2017
Ore999:
Crazy guys shocked, but really good for customers
very true, competition brings down the price and customers become the winners
kokodaboss:
finally someone is pushing the likes of jumia and konga to the wall. they have been ripping us off for years. am loving this kilimall guys. got a powerbank from them at a ridiculous price. i surely will be going back to shop from them.
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by kopai: 11:23am On Apr 26, 2017
Pacifistcognito you are right. Its mobile week they should play cat and mouse with prices. I have the gut feeling Kilimall will win in terms of prices because I hear that they always have prices that are hard to believe. Will not be surprised if other players buy from them to fulfill their order and make quick gains as a result of the Kilimall prices, I know I would.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by pacifistcognito: 11:24am On Apr 26, 2017
dapspurplerain:
This is not true, what kind of war? Jumia for me has the best prices this is just a one-off

You think it is not true? I have more evidence to back up my claim. Since I noticed the trend, I looked out for the price war again and to my suprise, it happened exactly the same way yesterday for the Tecno Camon CX phone.

in the morning, the Jumia price for Camon CX was N67,400 while Kilimall's price for the same item was N66,000. A while later, Jumia reduced the price to N65,000 and much later the Kilimall price went farther down to N64,500.

Bro, do you think that is a coincidence? I think not.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by dapspurplerain: 11:32am On Apr 26, 2017
Good observation now that i have taken a second look but im still rooting for jumia. I'll keep looking and we can conclude later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Femi52: 11:38am On Apr 26, 2017
Feeling the war!!!!!
pacifistcognito:

You think it is not true? I have more evidence to back up my claim. Since I noticed the trend, I looked out for the price war again and to my suprise, it happened exactly the same way yesterday for the Tecno Camon CX phone.

in the morning, the Jumia price for Camon CX was N67,400 while Kilimall's price for the same item was N66,000. A while later, Jumia reduced the price to N65,000 and much later the Kilimall price went farther down to N64,500.

Bro, do you think that is a coincidence? I think not.

4 Likes

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by apologist: 11:38am On Apr 26, 2017
No wahala nau. shebi na for our own good. Make dem continue. I know for sure that Jumia will beat that Kilimall to this price war. grin grin grin grin grin

Abi, una don forget say the Rocket Internet $150 Million fund still dey for Jumia pocket?

Very soon now, this Kilimall go soon tire. Shebi na so Yudala, Payporte, Dealdey and the likes do. dem go son weak jare.

Jumia, carry go!!!!!!!!!!!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by dapspurplerain: 11:38am On Apr 26, 2017
Kokodaboss i share your sentiments my broda. Make this price war continue so i can get the tablet i want at the lowest price. I know the knock down in prices will affect Yudala and Konga too so its all good for the buyers.
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Rolade06: 11:42am On Apr 26, 2017
Hmmmm. Nice, they should continue the war ooooo. so i can buy my iphone 6 plus at affordable price.... if any of them can slash iphone 6 plus or iphone 6 to 100k grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. am here waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by apologist: 11:48am On Apr 26, 2017
Rolade06:
Hmmmm. Nice, they should continue the war ooooo. so i can buy my iphone 6 plus at affordable price.... if any of them can slash iphone 6 plus or iphone 6 to 100k grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. am here waiting

Oga, shocked shocked shocked shocked :oeven Apple no fit sell am for that price.[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Ire456: 11:49am On Apr 26, 2017
damn it, super rich!!! Is Kilimall a secret billionaire as well?
apologist:
No wahala nau. shebi na for our own good. Make dem continue. I know for sure that Jumia will beat that Kilimall to this price war. grin grin grin grin grin

Abi, una don forget say the Rocket Internet $150 Million fund still dey for Jumia pocket?

Very soon now, this Kilimall go soon tire. Shebi na so Yudala, Payporte, Dealdey and the likes do. dem go son weak jare.

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by dapss: 11:49am On Apr 26, 2017
[quote author=apologist post=55931725]No wahala nau. shebi na for our own good. Make dem continue. I know for sure that Jumia will beat that Kilimall to this price war. grin grin grin grin grin

Wetin make you feel say Kilimall no fit match jumia? I hear in Kenya Kilimall is the biggest player in the e-commerce industry, they had massive sales the last black friday. They are here to make the competition healthier therefore delivering affordable products. As much as I gbadun jumia I think jumia should go the Kilimall way and reduce their mark up. They even offer brand from abroad at massively low prices. I swear these guys are unique.

Up Kilimall joor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Rolade06: 11:51am On Apr 26, 2017
apologist:

Oga, shocked shocked shocked shocked :oeven Apple no fit sell am for that price.[color=#990000][/color]

na them sha dey slash price.... infinix or tecno will not sell at that price both of them are selling.... abeg if you know anyone working in kilimall to slash there iphone 6 to 130k, and let us see if jumia will slash there price to 120k or 110k and see if i will not go and borrow money to by it and slay with it tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by techcruncher: 11:53am On Apr 26, 2017
From a disinterested angle, I think things like this are needed to break the seemingly monopolistic stance of some brands in the ecommerce sector.

If anyone can come up and ruffle the feathers of a brand that is enjoying partial monopoly, they should.

That goes to say that the items being slashed can be sold conveniently for the new price.

I just wait and watch as things unfold.

2 Likes

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Vivyx: 11:59am On Apr 26, 2017
apologist:

Jumia carry go ke? I am loving Kilimall already. They have the best prices so far on this mobile week. This post made me check them out. Plus they have amazing fashion items. It is a refreshing change.Goodbye Jumia and Konga . Welcome Kilimall!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Ore08: 12:01pm On Apr 26, 2017
Correct.... They should keep slashing oooo. am waiting to buy huawai better specification 4gb 64gb at 50k shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cool[color=#000099][/color]
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Ahmed777: 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
Sounds interesting, but I don't care who's gonna win in this price war, I just care about who has the better price grin Jumia is a tycoon in Nigeria, but it's really exciting to know that Jumia has another competitor now. The more competitors, the lower price is. So, just fight fight fight ! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Musanuwa: 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ore08:
Correct.... They should keep slashing oooo. am waiting to buy huawai better specification 4gb 64gb at 50k shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked cool[color=#000099][/color]
4GB 64GB at 50K Haha, I hope so too! I suggest us keep our eyes watching this war, nobody knows what are they going to do to capture this market. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Musanuwa: 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
I didn't hear about Kilimall before, and so far, Jumia is still my first choice to shop online. But since the price war has begun, I have another choice now.
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:01pm On Apr 26, 2017
loool

nairaland marketing sha.

quite disingenuous. u people don't even rate our intelligence at all

1 Like

Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by directonpc(m): 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
Planning to get a tecno device? See all latest devices and their very affordable price http://7rl.in/TecnoAll
Re: A Perceived Price War Between Jumia And Kilimall In The On-going Mobile Week by Rolade06: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2017
Ahmed777:
Sounds interesting, but I don't care who's gonna win in this price war, I just care about who has the better price grin Jumia is a tycoon in Nigeria, but it's really exciting to know that Jumia has another competitor now. The more competitors, the lower price is. So, just fight fight fight ! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
na real fight o

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dead Phones Panel Scrap Is Needed In Bulk. / spint & verizon Bold5 9930 For Sale at vry low price. Call or whatsapp me / Urgent ''nokia N8 Touch Screen Digitizer'' Price Nided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.