Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Burnley's Barton Suspended For 18 Months - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Burnley's Barton Suspended For 18 Months (245 Views)

Matteo Voltolini Suspended For Having Sex In Nightclub Toilet / Yakubu Hassan Suspended For Slapping Referee Kasimu Ahmadu / "Neymar Is The Kim Kardashian Of Football" - Joey Barton Slams PSG Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Burnley's Barton Suspended For 18 Months by tayorh(m): 3:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
http://www.sportthesis.com/2017/04/burnleys-barton-suspended-for-18-months.html?m=1

Burnley midfielder Joey Barton has been suspended from
football for 18 months for betting on football games.

Joey Barton admitted to the misconduct as he was alleged to have
placed bets on 1,260 football matches between March 2006 and May
2013 in breach of FA rule E8.

FA released an official statement : "Joey Barton has been suspended
from football and all football activity for 18-months with immediate
effect after he admitted an FA misconduct charge in relation to betting.

The midfielder was also fined £30,000 and warned of his future conducts.

The 34 year old also released a statement : "I accept that I broke the rules governing professional footballers, but I do feel the penalty is heavier than it might be for other less controversial players.

"I have fought addiction to gambling and provided the FA with a medical report about my problem. I'm disappointed it wasn't taken into proper consideration.

"I think if the FA is truly serious about tackling the culture of gambling in football, it needs to look at its own dependence on the gambling companies, their role in football and in sports broadcasting, rather than
just blaming the players who place a bet."

(1) (Reply)

Yhzdrtyzery / Strokes And An Unbending / Http://papermacheonline.com/3scs-chairman-gbolagade-busari-slumps-its-spiritual-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.