Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,499 members, 7,847,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Joey Barton: Burnley Midfielder Banned For 18 Months Over Betting - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joey Barton: Burnley Midfielder Banned For 18 Months Over Betting (475 Views)

"Neymar Is The Kim Kardashian Of Football" - Joey Barton Slams PSG Star / Ojuelegba Crap Comment - Joey Barton Switches His Instagram Account To Private / Joey Barton Suspended From All Football Action For 18 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Joey Barton: Burnley Midfielder Banned For 18 Months Over Betting by LilGenius: 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
Burnley Midfielder, Joey Barton has been issued a ban for contradicting the rules which goes against betting.

The 18-Month ban took effect after he admitted to a Football Association charge in relation to betting. Barton plans to appeal intensively on the timeframe of the suspension, stating that it is 'excessive'. He also disclosed that he is addicted to gambling.

For placing 1,260 bets on matches between 26 March 2006 and 13 May 2016, the 33year old professional football player, Barton has gotten for himself a fine of £30,000 and warned about his conduct aftermath.

"I have fought addiction to gambling and provided the FA with a medical report about my problem - I'm disappointed it wasn't taken into proper consideration," he said.

The midfielder bet on some matches in which he played but he stressed in a statement on his website that "this is not match fixing" and that at "no point in any of this is my integrity in question".

He added: "I accept that I broke the rules governing professional footballers, but I do feel the penalty is heavier than it might be for other less controversial players.

http://www.xclusivevibes.com.ng/2017/04/joey-barton-burnley-midfielder-banned.html

Lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Spanish Giants Real Madrid & Barcelona Tops The Top 50 Clubs In The World / Christiano Ronaldo Celebrates As He Scores His 400 Goal. / Cristiano Ronaldo Hits 600th Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.