Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,877 members, 7,866,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:52 PM

Why I Want To Be Anambra Governor-dr Stephen Obiorah Mbah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Want To Be Anambra Governor-dr Stephen Obiorah Mbah (502 Views)

President Buhari Nominates Kingsley Obiorah As CBN Deputy Governor / Wedding Of Andrew Parr And Chidiogo Akunyili In Anambra: Governor Obiano Spotted / Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Want To Be Anambra Governor-dr Stephen Obiorah Mbah by Nkemakonam62: 10:13pm On Apr 26, 2017
Head of the impending governorship poll in Anambra State, Dr. Stephen Obiorah Mbah , foremost industrialist, politician tells Akelicious today why he is aspiring to the state’s highest political office under the platform of People's Redemption Party (PRP). He proclaims he wants to make the state greater than what it is now by transform­ing it into an economic power house of Nigeria.
According to Dr. Stephen Obiorah Mbah , “I am an in­dustrialist. I have created jobs. People should look at me as a provider of jobs. With instru­ment of power I can create more jobs. It is not difficult but it needs supreme knowledge. The pring­les we buy from shops all over the world is made from potato in United States of America. We can make our own yam pringles but government should come in. There was a time we had co­coa plantation, palm plantation, rubber plantation, and ground­nut pyramid.
“I have what it takes to do these things. The power I seek is not the power for selfish interest, for money. It is based on convic­tion that l can offer something but I need the media to achieve the mission. In 1946, 18 men met in USA and they are media people from the Jewish land of Israel. The 18 Jews took decision to have their own home land. In 1948, the Jews had their own homeland. The media helped to make it possible because they started propagating. I want to say that we have the capacity to transform Anambra State to be­come the land of modern tech­nology.
“We have the talent and the capacity to make Anambra State the silicon valley of Nigeria. We have people to develop our in­frastructure without waiting for hand-out from the Federal Gov­ernment. That is why we are the Light of the Nation state. All we need is a leader that understands the world of creativity, industry and have demonstrated the ca­pacity to develop enterprises from nothing to something, from zero employment to maxi­mum employment. We need a leader that knows how to cre­ate employment for the youths of our great State of Anambra. It is on this back ground that I am presenting myself to serve the good of Anambra State that if it pleases God and the good people I want to be the governor of the Light of the Nation state come 2017.
Continuing he said that it is time to bring different politi­cal groupings that work against each other in Anambra State to an end noting that the time has when there should be no APGA Anambra or PDP Anambra or APC Anambra. “There should be only one enterprising Anam­bra working for the growth of people of the State. We need leaders at different levels that work for people of Anambra State not leaders that work against People of Anambra State but work for few in their politi­cal grouping. The time has come for all Anambra State people to think and act for Anambra State first before any interest group. The time has come for the peo­ple of Anambra to take their government back.
“Secondly, it is time to un­shackle Anambra State from the grip of the unscrupulous politi­cians, exploitative groupings and individuals planted into the state that have plundered and hampered the growth of the State and brought the people of down to their knees. I will trans­form Anambra into a better society with all hands working together. Under me Anambra will become a state where every single person would realize that power belong to the people.
“People will take back their government and say enough is enough to lack of jobs, enough to lack water, enough to lack ru­ral development, enough to lack of good roads in the rural areas, enough for poverty, enogh to lack quality heatlh care delivery, enough to lack of development is sport. Anambra has abundant talents in sports but is lagging behind in sport today in Nigeria because of total neglect of sport by successive administrations, enough of lack of power sup­ply, enough of lack government presence here and there.
“Thirdly is massive eco­nomic development. Under me Anambra will see economic transformation. It won’t take me any stress to transform the economy of the state because I have all it takes to achieve it. At a time when our country is go­ing through economic readjust­ment with pains to our people, it is time for us to rethink how Anambra State can come out of this world-wide economic downturn to a more enterpris­ing state in the country. At such a time it is natural and right that we all should pause to take stock of our position, to look back at what we have achieved and to look forward to what lies ahead us as a State.
“It is heart breaking that our people are retrogressing into poverty. It is dreadful that ma­jority of normal Anambra peo­ple are not able to feed them­selves or send their children to school in a State with great human capital and abundance of enterprising spirit. It is unfor­givable that our people that are working day and night cannot make ends meet. Our people are hurting and we cannot go on this way. Yes, in the last 20 years, we have on a few occasion been lucky to get very few past leaders in the State that have made com­mendable contributions to the development of the State.
“However, in the same last 20 years of the statehood of the people of Anambra, we have failed to build a strong and in­dependent economy founded upon a healthy enterprise, agri­culture, education, thriving and resilient industries. We have so much depended on the handout from the Federal Government; this is not the people we are. As governor I will development the economy of Anambra state. It won’t take me any stress to de­velop the economy of the state because I have the experience.
“Fourthly, I will guarantee all inclusive leadership and redirect leadership in the state, Leader­ship by trial and error must be a thing of the past for Anambra State. We want people in Anam­bra State who will be honest about the choices and the chal­lenges we face as a State; i will be a leader that will listen to our people and learn from our people. We want a leader that even when we disagree, they won’t just tell you what you want to hear, but what you need to know. We need a leadership that will put Anambra State people above all other things. The lead­ership that recognizes our young people are bleeding and bleed­ing to death through the burden of unemployment.
“We the people of Anambra State, we need to say that the time has come to move beyond the government of un-produc­tivity, bitterness, Pettiness and anger that have consumed our State at this moment in time. We are one people. And our time for positive transformation has indeed come. We the people of Anambra State should be ready to redeem our State from the brink of economic disaster that is facing us.
“Let Anambra State be Anam­bra State again. Let us work to­gether for Anambra to be the positive dream it used to be. We need to work together to make .Anambra the pioneer on the plain of economic growth. Let us work together to unleash the full energy of creativity of Anam­bra people. We need to work together to position Anambra State to be the positive dream that dreamers dreamed. Let us work together to transform Anambra into the State where unscrupulous, unprepared and low energy leaders can never connive nor corrupt leaders and their followers’ scheme.
more at http://www.akelicious.com/2017/04/why-i-want-to-be-anambra-governor-dr.html

Re: Why I Want To Be Anambra Governor-dr Stephen Obiorah Mbah by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 26, 2017
undecided
Lies everywhere!!!
Re: Why I Want To Be Anambra Governor-dr Stephen Obiorah Mbah by mexxmoney: 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
Just go and waste your money.
Re: Why I Want To Be Anambra Governor-dr Stephen Obiorah Mbah by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 27, 2017
my only problem with all these politicians is that if they later succeed to become the governor,they will forget all there promise!!

(1) (Reply)

Policeman, LG Chaiman, Others Paraded Over Attempt To Kill Melaye / #todayinplenary Proceeding Of The Nigerian Senate Of Tuesday 2nd May, 2017 / Biafra Agitators, IMN, Boko Haram Threats To National Security – Intelligence...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.