Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,139 members, 7,780,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:13 AM

Python Vs Php - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Vs Php (3101 Views)

Python Vs Javascript. / Codeigniter 3 Vs Php Laravel 5.8 : Which One Will You Go For? / Python Vs Php (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Vs Php by olamil34(m): 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
which one is your favourite programming language
Re: Python Vs Php by melodyogonna(m): 12:14am On Apr 27, 2017
php sucks, python all the way

1 Like

Re: Python Vs Php by Nobody: 1:06am On Apr 27, 2017
melodyogonna:
php sucks, python all the way
yeah, but it rules the web. If you dont know, I will tell you that the most used content management systems (not the best mind you) are built on PHP and not on python.

2 Likes

Re: Python Vs Php by klefjoxey: 8:53am On Apr 27, 2017
Php Is good but just like JavaScript it is a bad language. Python rules the web for backend. Why do you think Facebook have been trying really hard to improve pup. Its because by the time they are rewriting their backend in another language twitter will beat them in terms of daily active users

1 Like

Re: Python Vs Php by adejumoadeoluwa(m): 9:01am On Apr 27, 2017
if you are beginner wanting to build something tomorrow PHP but Python is slightly better

1 Like

Re: Python Vs Php by 2Awesome: 9:11am On Apr 27, 2017
Hate PHP or not, 80% of live websites breaths on PHP codes. PHP is the King when it come to web development.

5 Likes

Re: Python Vs Php by hexy40: 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
The are both good... this topic might mistakenly hit front page because of the word python.
Re: Python Vs Php by adenijiayo(m): 6:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
You people need to stop this talk about one language being useless or this language is the best. Every language has their weaknesses and strengths. Some people will tell you that python as a language is slow. The most important thing is that you should know your primary language very well and stop echoing what your teachers told you.

3 Likes

Re: Python Vs Php by olamil34(m): 9:43am On Jun 26, 2017
2Awesome:
Hate PHP or not, 80% of live websites breaths on PHP codes. PHP is the King when it come to web development.
Re: Python Vs Php by Raypawer(m): 12:13am On Jun 28, 2017
Lies...

This remains a lie until proven otherwise

2Awesome:
Re: Python Vs Php by wwwmaster: 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2017
dhtml18:

yeah, but it rules the web. If you dont know, I will tell you that the most used content management systems (not the best mind you) are built on PHP and not on python.

This is a result of simplicity of deploying apps written in PHP. Many shared hosting ships with php and all the basic packages. Something I can't say of Python. Installing Django framework alone could be trouble to none system admins.
You should also not that most of those CMS users are none developers.

Php is good for tiny to average websites, python is better for biggg web apps.
I can't compare php with python until their start compiling all the codes instead of repeatedly start codes on runtime.
Re: Python Vs Php by orimion(m): 1:37am On Jun 29, 2017
klefjoxey:
Php Is good but just like JavaScript it is a bad language. Python rules the web for backend. Why do you think Facebook have been trying really hard to improve pup. Its because by the time they are rewriting their backend in another language twitter will beat them in terms of daily active users

How is JS a bad language? I mean your bad experience with it, not something you read online. Saying py rules the backend is far-fetched

1 Like

Re: Python Vs Php by olamil34(m): 11:46pm On Aug 26, 2017
so python wins wink
Re: Python Vs Php by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2017
olamil34:
so python wins wink

Python wins at mordern analytics.
Re: Python Vs Php by olamil34(m): 11:26pm On Aug 29, 2017
TheCabal:

i want to build a search any advice on how to query the db
Re: Python Vs Php by Nascimento(m): 12:07am On Aug 30, 2017
adenijiayo:
You people need to stop this talk about one language being useless or this language is the best. Every language has their weaknesses and strengths. Some people will tell you that python as a language is slow. The most important thing is that you should know your primary language very well and stop echoing what your teachers told you.

I used to be on the bandwagon of those who don't like PHP for no reason.
Most "Nigerian Developers" talk nonsense about PHP because they read it online in a foreign tech blog.
Granted, PHP has its own cons just like any other language, but it's still the major server side programming language used in most Nigerian shops (aside c# and java).
Re: Python Vs Php by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 30, 2017
olamil34:
i want to build a search any advice on how to query the db

https://github.com/coleifer/peewee
Re: Python Vs Php by olamil34(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2017
TheCabal:

also at the web, but go i currently trashing everybody, that programming language is fucking fast
Re: Python Vs Php by DriveByKiller: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2017
@ Cinderella5, you sold your pussy to antispam not just to keep me from bitchslapping you. This has to come in JPEG to scale the radar.

Seems I managed to cure your never-ceasing clitorial itchings last night when I sent you to bed satiated, cooing like a contented cat. That's something no orthodox medication has achieved in your life of penile haunting.

Now you're back for more...your pussy has begun throbbing in a fiverish anticipation for my dick.

Be careful now, tonight's Bleep will involve no teasing, I will severe your pussy lips when they are still dry and leave you gasping like a bleating mountain goat bitten by a poisonous snake.

But I know you're a multiple orgasmic shrew who likes a dick to beat you down savagely and conquer you like a trophy prostitute.

So fall on your knees I will brighten your dim life by allowing you sūck my dick with a condom on and I hope you're not going to chew of my condom to allow my fluid of life heal your manic depression.

Good morning, addictive sp3rm guzzler!,

1 Like

Re: Python Vs Php by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 31, 2017
I'd vote PHP. but when it comes to A.I , its python. Crazy thing is Javascript is all out to cripple python. Php holds its ground in mysql and wordpress sites. U cant use wordpress without knowing php. What really strengthens php is also its ability to cooperate with Javascript.
I helped write a code that gets UA and auto redirects using Javascript and php.
Re: Python Vs Php by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 01, 2017
Budex40:
I'd vote PHP. but when it comes to A.I , its python. Crazy thing is Javascript is all out to cripple python. Php holds its ground in mysql and wordpress sites. U cant use wordpress without knowing php. What really strengthens php is also its ability to cooperate with Javascript.
I helped write a code that gets UA and auto redirects using Javascript and php.

hi.. would u like to join a team we aimed at creating a helpful project..... pm me on whatsapp 07085149559
or drop ur digits...
thanks
Re: Python Vs Php by ezums1(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2017
see Key things you need to know before buying a laptop/ desktop http://www.blazinginfo.com/2017/09/key-things-to-consider-when-buying.html?m=1
Re: Python Vs Php by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 02, 2017
Budex40:
Crazy thing is Javascript is all out to cripple python.

You don't know jack. undecided
Re: Python Vs Php by itsjoseph: 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2017
Trying to compare this two will lead to an unnecessary long argument with no winners.

PHP takes nothing less than 82% of the web currently, that changing in the future will be a very slow painful death.
Which i don't think.its happening anytime soon.

Python on the other hand as been used to develop alot of websites, The bigger ones that come to mind are:

YouTube , Quota , Disqus, Instagram, Pinterest

There is a huge list of websites that uses Python but in my opinion this is more than enough.

So, therefore this two languages are useful in their own ways and means. I don't think there is a need for comparison Go for whatever sails your boat.
Re: Python Vs Php by olamil34(m): 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2017
itsjoseph:
Trying to compare this two will lead to an unnecessary long argument with no winners.

PHP takes nothing less than 82% of the web currently, that changing in the future will be a very slow painful death.
Which i don't think.its happening anytime soon.

Python on the other hand as been used to develop alot of websites, The bigger ones that come to mind are:

YouTube , Quota , Disqus, Instagram, Pinterest

There is a huge list of websites that uses Python but in my opinion this is more than enough.

So, therefore this two languages are useful in their own ways and means. I don't think there is a need for comparison Go for whatever sails your boat.
don't forget google, nat geo wild, nasa, open ai, uber, snapchat, google deep mind, yahoo maps, nairaland e.t.c
Re: Python Vs Php by olamil34(m): 7:53am On Sep 15, 2017
so python wins

(1) (Reply)

Learn Programming For Free, Right From Your Couch! / Where Can I Download A Functioning Notepad++ For Mobile Version From? / How Do You Make MONEY As A Programmer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.