Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,991 members, 7,799,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Python Vs Javascript. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Python Vs Javascript. (1149 Views)

Python Vs Html / Dart Vs Javascript: Which Of These Languages Is Much Harder To Learn? / Python Vs Javascript (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Python Vs Javascript. by ABCthings: 11:15pm On Nov 30, 2019
Hello I'm currently learning Java but I don't get to focus on the algorithm rather I spend much of my time debugging.

I'm think of taking a side language that is easier.

So in JavaScript and Python which one will be more useful in the long run? smiley
Re: Python Vs Javascript. by ABCthings: 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
I learning java for android/j2me development. They said applets are forgotten technologies.
Re: Python Vs Javascript. by crunchyDope(m): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2019
ABCthings:
Hello I'm currently learning Java but I don't get to focus on the algorithm rather I spend much of my time debugging.

I'm think of taking a side language that is easier.

So in JavaScript and Python which one will be more useful in the long run? smiley

did you mean javascript or java?
as the two are completely different smiley

to the best of my knowledge(i might be wrong tho)

JAVA seems to be a language used for android app majorly

while
Javascript and python are two strong languages that are going into practically everything
such that
Javascript has<=
1, app development (react native for ios and android)
2, game development(unity)
3, serverside(some framworks)[never tried]
4, web development (front end)

and
Python has <=
1, app development (kivy for ios, android, windows)
2, game development(pygames)[never tried]
3, serverside(django)
4, algor

but since you are going for algos
then i strongly recommend python as it has a lot of modules so you dont get to re invent 'wheels'
most times all u hv to do is #import algos grin
goodluck!
Re: Python Vs Javascript. by ABCthings: 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2019
crunchyDope:

Thank you very much. smiley
I did a bit of research and it seems
*JavaScript wins in mobile development.
*While in game development I don't really know.
*But I think Python wins in server side stuffs.
*Again JavaScript is used for web.

But I think I'll still go for Python because it procedural style is similar to BASIC my first programming language.

(1) (Reply)

Data Structure And Algorithm With Php / Solutech (emmanuel Ikechukwu) Is A Fraud. Beware!!! / Computer Science Project Topic Needed From Programmers:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.