Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife (32673 Views)

Oba Akiolu Arrives For Fashola's Photographic Foundation Ceremony In Style / 14 Years After, Akiolu In Court To Defend Emergence As Oba Of Lagos / Despite Him Snobbing Me,i Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by odomanis: 7:22am On Apr 27, 2017
MasterChen:

All these fanyogo illiterates from the land of the rising potopoto and their silly comments. Y'all aren't even difficult to spot. God "bless" your TD board head If you reply me with that "I'm Yoruba" nonsense

How una wan take appreciate humility when na slap una dey take wake una apa up for that side .

When people from rich cultures are talking, discourteous, potopoto people that use money to buy titles too will be raising their hands.

Guy, I doubt if the people you are suspecting would actually take sides with Oba of Lagos against the OOni. So check your facts well before pouring out your hate here.
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Freeheart(m): 7:22am On Apr 27, 2017
oniriisa......... you become my mentor as from today..........humility at it peak
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by ebby9z(m): 7:23am On Apr 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:
The tourist king wetin you want make im happen before?Ehh!Keep forming mr dj humility..Oba Rilwan na your elder anytime anyday while you be small boy wey just enter throne..OBA Rilwane rules over 15million subjects the yorubas, ibos,hausas,Ijaws,efiks,Tivs,ishekiris,Urhobos,fulanis,and the hole ethnic group in Nigeria..while u rule over roughly 100 thousand subjects..Next time u see him make sure u prostrate and kwayetly have a seat at the back role. grin

If ignorance is a a currency, you'd be richer than Bill Gates.

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Adebowale89(m): 7:23am On Apr 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:
The tourist king wetin you want make im happen before?Ehh!Keep forming mr dj humility..Oba Rilwan na your elder anytime anyday while you be small boy wey just enter throne..OBA Rilwane rules over 15million subjects the yorubas, ibos,hausas,Ijaws,efiks,Tivs,ishekiris,Urhobos,fulanis,and the hole ethnic group in Nigeria..while u rule over roughly 100 thousand subjects..Next time u see him make sure u prostrate and kwayetly have a seat at the back role. grin

this thread is for people whom their brain is still functioning

stop displaying stupidity in gain of likes on public forum

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by ElsonMorali: 7:23am On Apr 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:

See this gutter-bred illiterate from some unnamed and uncharted backwaters of the eastern part of Nigeria.

At your age you still no gree get sense?

I thought we both agreed that you won't post anything online until your younger brother goes through to certify that your random madness hasn't creeped into your post.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by dammybabanla: 7:26am On Apr 27, 2017
echelons:
You don't force friendship on people.
The Oba doesn't want to hear stories of shaking one Ooni and waking up the following day sick.
They're of the same tribe and they know the evil their benign greetings are capable of causing.
tongue
You are a big fool ,there is no one like you

2 Likes

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Adebowale89(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2017
I don't blame the babies that's commenting on this thread, I blame akinolu for not putting whatever differences he had with the throne of ooni behind

now he made all those people that what they know in their life is drug to be displaying their illiteracy in a well respected throne

I hope akinolu do the needful as soon as possible
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Iamsammy(m): 7:26am On Apr 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:
see wetin weed cause

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by SIRmanjar(m): 7:27am On Apr 27, 2017
Hahahahahahahahah..Abeg ooo!Abeg oooo! Nairalandas im don do na play I dey ooohhh.

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by lagosrd: 7:27am On Apr 27, 2017
Exactly what you get when you make a retired (nigerian) police officer your oba. Especially in a cospomolitan state like Lagos.... Egunje reigns.
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by ademusiwa3r: 7:29am On Apr 27, 2017
Whnd..
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by SIRmanjar(m): 7:29am On Apr 27, 2017
blackaxe78:

You need to be pounded with soap for money ritual charm.
Hahahahahahaha!lol Chop egede.
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by JIGHU(m): 7:32am On Apr 27, 2017
What will they do? Beat up the Oba of Lagos at Muson center? Are u drunk?

MasterChen:
This Ooni is just another proof maturity isn't about age. You can imagine an oldie like Akiolu doing things one can only expect from a high school student.

Shaaaaame!!!!

Also, I feel the Ooni is paying the price for humility. He wouldn't have tried that nonsense with his predecessor or even the Alaafin

Aah. Oo ni fe te

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by damrmd02(f): 7:33am On Apr 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:
No sense of humor in what you just write down,next time think before you write..Go back to your history book and read.thats my advice for you.
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by koolaid87: 7:35am On Apr 27, 2017
This Ooni's remarks and that of the guy that took a picture of his unfaithful wife made me realize that this world ain't as bad as it seems.

Properties of Greatness is humility and modesty

Way to go Kabiyesi!
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 27, 2017
JamieNaijaTeam:
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi has put our minds to rest that there shall be no duel or war following the open ridicule he received from the Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akiolu!

The 42 year old Oba Ogunwusi told this to some news men who made inquiries after the incident.

According to the Ooni of Ife, the older King's act would not even stop him from his mission of promoting unity amongst Yoruba rulers. The humble monarch says he will not rest until he achieves his aim of unity.

On what he feels about the public ridicule, Ooni of Ife says it would not stop him from giving respect to the Oba of Lagos whenever and wherever their paths cross.

The foremost ruler also reveals that he was not perturbed by the snobbish greeting, hence he would not want Akiolu to be castigated because of his position and age.

He concludes that despite his act, he will continue to hold Akiolu of Lagos in high esteem.

LINK: http://www.jamienaija.com/2017/04/i-will-continue-to-hold-oba-akiolu-in.html

Lalasticlala oam4j fynestboi
Ooni acted just like king Solomon, the man of peace in the bible. Akiolu should just learn of what happened to Sihoh, king of Amorites and Og, king of Bashan in the bible. Oba oyekan who preceded him was a peaceful and humble monarch. the same man threatened to throw a particular tribe into the lagoon, should they vote a particular candidate, as if he's the one feeding them. That's what happened when due process is ignored when electing a king, all in the name of politics. Ooni, May your rein bring the much needed peace in our land. I watched the video and was impressed seeing real tradition at play, with those men sorrounding the ooni's seat with their white agbadas before he took his seat. Maybe the thug akiolu was not comfortable with the changed atmosphere the moment ooni stepped in.

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by SIRmanjar(m): 7:36am On Apr 27, 2017
MasterChen:

All these fanyogo illiterates from the land of the rising potopoto and their silly comments. Y'all aren't even difficult to spot. You become clueless when the thread isn't an opportunity to type "zoo must fall" "afonja" and the rest of your crap. That's all y'all contribute to Nairaland

God "bless" your TD board head If you reply me with that "I'm Yoruba" nonsense

How una wan take appreciate humility when na slap una dey take wake una apa up for that side .

When people from rich cultures are talking, discourteous, potopoto people that use money to buy titles too will be raising their hands.

Hahahahahahah!lol if for say no be joke I dey I for sue u go the highest court of the land.
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by SIRmanjar(m): 7:42am On Apr 27, 2017
damrmd02:
No sense of humor in what you just write down,next time think before you write..Go back to your history book and read.thats my advice for you.
grin grin grin If truely you are a girl ad u wanna kwote me..Make sure u display ur finest picture ad make sure say u fine..if not we go rumble am out for any thread next time.
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by fikayormie: 7:46am On Apr 27, 2017
I like this Ooni.. but sometimes he falls my hand; too easy going, It's like he doesnt fully grasp the size of the crown he is wearing. Ooni Sijuwade was just the perfect mix of candy and stick. Why should a whole Ooni go and greet and be sir-ing this Akiolu. His abobarins sef dey Bleep up. Kings should come and prostrate for the Ooni. He is their father, regardless of age. By virtue of his throne even his father should not dare rise from a prostrating position without permission

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by AceSkillz01: 7:47am On Apr 27, 2017
Translation: "I don't hold Oba Akiolu in high esteem anymore"... undecided
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by mizmia: 7:47am On Apr 27, 2017
ayamback:
[s][/s]

God bless the good people of Benue state and bless who stood by them and curse those who forsake them

ooni must respect lil Wayne akiolu because he's the elder grin ooni supremacy my foot grin
Why do you call Akiolu Oba lil Wayne.
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by babajero(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2017
SIRmanjar:
you just show cased your stupidity, 1 he is older than him but act like a kid 2 akiolu doesn't even know the people he rule but the onii knows his subjects and they reverends him, unlike akiolu who is a tout and breeds touts 3 other ethnic group don't even know if akiolu exists because it's only government that have a say where Nigerians are 4 akiolu is just a baale where onii of ife is and act like one 5 you saying that akiolu is an elder to the onii, what do have to say about the throne. Just reason and stop being toutish.
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by SIRmanjar(m): 7:49am On Apr 27, 2017
dammybabanla:

If to say i fit see u face to face, i for like dash u slap and rumble you for this nonsense wey u talk but once again,internet don save your ass
Guy if u see me face to face u go prostrate give me beg for your dare life..I go beat shayge commot for ur body..Na u internet save dis morning I for spoil ur fine boy..Abi u no know who sirmanjar be?Go ask ur daddy o grin
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by slivertongue: 7:50am On Apr 27, 2017
Oba of Lagos snubbing his own?
When he tried it with the IGBOs resident in Lagos he got an applause from his kinsmen.
hmmm oba may u live long oo
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by ayamback: 7:50am On Apr 27, 2017
mizmia:

Why do you call Akiolu Oba lil Wayne.
i taught his name is Lilwayne Akiolu grin
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by olusola200: 7:51am On Apr 27, 2017
What do u expect from a former police officers

Go at lagoon is still smelling, here comes another one

He not a Yoruba oba but that of of politics. (APC)

I have no single respect for him

He should go jump into lagoon for what I care

Big for nothing .ex policeman ( egumje spoil Lagos)
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by SIRmanjar(m): 7:51am On Apr 27, 2017
babajero:
you just show cased your stupidity, 1 he is older than him but act like a kid 2 akiolu doesn't even know the people he rule but the onii knows his subjects and they reverends him, unlike akiolu who is a tout and breeds touts 3 other ethnic group don't even know if akiolu exists because it's only government that have a say where Nigerians are 4 akiolu is just a baale where onii of ife is and act like one 5 you saying that akiolu is an elder to the onii, what do have to say about the throne. Just reason and stop being toutish.
Ur grand Firo left titty dere!
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by ewizard1: 7:52am On Apr 27, 2017
duduade:
So what has the Oba of Lagoon said That man is a first class tout... Bitterness in his heart.. Go dey wear black shades, dey feel like badt guy!!!! The heart has black as the black google he wears

Google? abi Yahoo? grin
Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by Charlesdock(m): 7:53am On Apr 27, 2017
MasterChen:
This Ooni is just another proof maturity isn't about age. You can imagine an oldie like Akiolu doing things one can only expect from a high school student.

Shaaaaame!!!!

Also, I feel the Ooni is paying the price for humility. He wouldn't have tried that nonsense with his predecessor or even the Alaafin

Aah. Oo ni fe te
Abi nah... He can never try such with the Alaafin

1 Like

Re: I Will Continue To Hold Oba Akiolu In High Esteem - Ooni of Ife by FunkyMetahuman: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2017
MasterChen:

All these fanyogo illiterates from the land of the rising potopoto and their silly comments. Y'all aren't even difficult to spot. You become clueless when the thread isn't an opportunity to type "zoo must fall" "afonja" and the rest of your crap. That's all y'all contribute to Nairaland

God "bless" your TD board head If you reply me with that "I'm Yoruba" nonsense

see as you finish his flat head,
Pity him now. cry

Oba akiolu is a good example of kids without proper home training.
His father didn't tell him that respect is reciprocal in yoruba land and eni ti o ba gberaga ni a re wale.
Oma to te tan.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pictures From Osun-Osogbo Festival 2023 / Oluwo Of Iwo Attends Obas’ Council Meeting At Ooni’s Palace For The First Time / Danladi Gyet Maude Kidnapped: Kpop Ham Abducted In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.