Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? (37561 Views)

Why Buhari Doesn't Wear Face-Mask - Lauretta Onochie / Moses Jolayemi: Buhari Doesn't Know How To Send Text Message / "If President Buhari Doesn't Win 2019 Election I Will Kill Myself" - Man (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by maclatunji: 10:22am On Apr 27, 2017
The greatest challenge that might make it difficult for President Muhammadu Buhari to contest the 2019 election in 2019 is the physically demanding and grueling campaign process.

So, if he decides not to run, who are the major contenders that have a realistic chance of becoming President in 2019 in your opinion?

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by emamos: 10:31am On Apr 27, 2017
Nnamdi kanu

166 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by onatisi(m): 10:40am On Apr 27, 2017
maclatunji:
The greatest challenge that might make it difficult for President Muhammadu Buhari to contest the 2019 election in 2019 is the physically demanding and grueling campaign process.

So, if he decides not to run, who are the major contenders that have a realistic chance of becoming President in 2019 in your opinion?
Triple A

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar 2019

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by maclatunji: 11:18am On Apr 27, 2017
emamos:
Nnamdi kanu
So, what would happen to his Biafra agitation?

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by maclatunji: 11:20am On Apr 27, 2017
onatisi:

Triple

Alhaji Atiku Abubakar 2019

He always seems to be around all the time but never wins. Do you think the forces against him will still not prevail this time?

10 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by onatisi(m): 11:33am On Apr 27, 2017
maclatunji:

He always seems to be around all the time but never wins. Do you think the forces against him will still not prevail this time?
I think he stands a good chance this time around

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by nkwuocha: 11:43am On Apr 27, 2017
There may not be any election afterall.Nigeria is a sinking ship. The only possibility I see is Osibanjo sitting there in 8 years time.

Buhari's mortality is ticking real fast these days.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by omenkaLives(m): 11:54am On Apr 27, 2017
I honestly don't want Baba to run again, age is no longer on his side, and so is the downside of longevity as it relates to health.

Osinbajo is learning quite fast and has proven himself a man of great honour and morals. If the party wills it, I wouldn't blink twice before casting my vote for him.

Wouldn't mind seeing someone like Ribadu as well, but I fear his inexperience would get the best of him in such an office. An Osinbajo/Ribadu ticket would sell like hot agege bread I believe.

Another person I could easily support is Ken Nnamani. Dude has shown he can't easily be intimidated or swayed by money, otherwise Obj might still be the president today.

Tinubu would best concentrate on making Kings rather than trying to be one himself, because that would only diminish his larger than life personality.

162 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Nebuzaradan: 11:55am On Apr 27, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:
I honestly don't want Baba to run again, age is no longer on his side, and so is the downside of longevity as it relates to health.

Osinbajo is learning quite fast and has proven himself a man of great honour and morals. If the party wills it, I wouldn't blink twice before casting my vote for him.

Wouldn't mind seeing someone like Ribadu as well, but I fear his inexperience would get the best of him in such an office. An Osinbajo/Ribadu ticket would sell like hot agege bread I believe.

Another person I could easily support is Ken Nnamani, dude showed can't easily get be intimidated or swayed by money, otherwise Obj might still be the president today.

Tinubu would best concentrate on making Kings rather than trying to be one himself, because that would only diminish his larger than life personality.
[/s]
inconsequential opinion

hahahahahahaha
Omenkalives

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by MaziOmenuko: 11:58am On Apr 27, 2017
Atiku Abubarkar will contest, again. He will most likely try to woo some SE governors as running mate; I doubt the acceptibility of Atiku though. He can't deliver votes from NW except he gets the blessing and support of other prominent northerners.

Kwankwaso will contest; 1.3Mil votes from Kano + other NC states no be beans. His choice of running mate may determine how far he will go.

Rochas will come out to make noise as usual but his noise won't take him further than APC primaries.

If PDP can put their house in order before the election, they may pose as a strong opposition/alternative. Unfortunately, that looks far from happening.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by olapluto(m): 11:59am On Apr 27, 2017
Osinbajo or Fashola.

13 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by momentarylapse: 12:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
I send sef? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by momentarylapse: 12:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nebuzaradan:
[s][/s]
inconsequential opinion

Some one at least gave an opinion instead of you to give your own you are busy ranting and insulting the poster without giving any opinion of your own! You must definitely be one of those semi cooked jewish mazis!

158 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Nebuzaradan: 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
[s]
momentarylapse:

Some one at least gave an opinion instead of you to give your own you are busy ranting and insulting the poster without giving any opinion of your own! You must definitely be one of those semi cooked jewish mazis!
[/s]
Nonsense trash

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by momentarylapse: 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nebuzaradan:

Most of this country's Nonsense trash like this sad ewu in the picture below remain in jail where they rightly belong!

Yes I agree with you my bitter alobam!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
Muhammed Buhari (First contender)
Muhammed Buhari (Second contender)
Muhammed Buhari (Third contender)
All the remaining spaces have been booked

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by LordAdam16: 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
Buhari
Buhari
Buhari
Buhari
Buhari

Even if he likes let him campaign on a wheel chair. He MUST have his 8 years. No b presidency he want, he don get am. Let him continue. Let the North have their 8 uninterrupted years.

What people talking about replacing Buhari in 2019 don't know is that unless he runs or explicitly anoints another person to replace him, the country would be ungovernable for whoever tries to meander to that seat. Fulani herdsmen would replace BH as the most deadliest terrorist group in the world. All these recent killings in Benue, Plateau, Zamfara, Delta, Enugu... na testing.

The number of deaths will make 2011 post-election violence seem like child's play.

If you want to remove Buhari, wait until 2023.

2015 elections was a contract for 8 years. If you don't like the contract, Kuje is open for you to rest in.

As far as I'm concerned he should rule from the other-room if he likes or just go on vacation in London until late 2018.

-Lord

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by ttemmi(m): 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
1. Babatunde Fashola
2. Akinwunmi Ambode
3. Yemi Osinbajo
4. Any other reasonable leader from the north

*No flat-heads

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by AntiWailer: 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
El Rufai.

They know. That is the reason for the conspiracy around him.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by abescom: 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
nkwuocha:
There may not be any election afterall.Nigeria is a sinking ship. The only possibility I see is Osibanjo sitting there in 8 years time.

Buhari's mortality is ticking real fast these days.
You guys evil imagination always affecting your thinking. Does APC have the 2/3 majority ( in the real sense of it not on paper ) in any of the two houses? What can the president do without the two houses? Do you think his enemies both in PDP and APC will allow him run the country without an election?

This is Nigeria, not Gabon or Equitorial Guinea for f*ck's sake.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jokers

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by jidxin(m): 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
maclatunji:

none as far as im concerned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by obembet(f): 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
Na me... Solutions to this nation...

I have no shoe, no girlfriend, if I can make it, u can... Remember that advert...

Now what I will do if u vote for me

24hrs electricity

Free meal for primary to secondary school

Reduction of senators, ministers and any other political appointments

I will not allow any state government to owe workers salary, worker salary should be no. 1 before any project

Anybody that find guilty for any form of corruption is death by hanging including president

Agriculture will be our focus...

Let me see my vote here in NL family

Support like.... Others share

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by obailala(m): 12:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
No credible or realistic candidates in view for now... Maybe Osinbajo, Peter Obi, Fashola, SLS, Dangote etc... But whatever the case, hopefully Nigerians wouldn't be presented with the GEJ vs Buhari kakistocratic scenario again.

4 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by HottestFire: 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
We need to ask America first.. cool
Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by nely(m): 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
If buhari refuse to contest in 2019, Osibanjo should try out or Nuhu Ribadu but Atiku is a no go area, he's worst than PdP , instead the seat should be vacant or they wake up Yardua my best northern ever..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by BigBrother9ja: 12:29pm On Apr 27, 2017
AS BIG BROTHER OF NAIJA, I 'DONATE' OSINBANJO TO CONTINUE cool

4 Likes

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by eleojo23: 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
Don't worry, when the time comes I will run.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by bestspoke: 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
[b]This might interest you:
[/b]Midway into the mandate of the current political leaders, the body language of many prominent politicians and those close to them in major political parties, including the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) among others, indicate that a struggle for the coveted presidential seat is being nursed surreptitiously. While some may likely seek new political platforms, some will remain where they are to slug it out, a development that will prove intriguing. We took a look at some of those who may likely test their political might come 2019.

http:///15-politicians-who-may-run-for-president-in-2019-who-is-your-favorite/
Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by olatade(m): 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
kwankwaso,atiku and El rufai
Re: Who Are The Serious Contenders In 2019 If Buhari Doesn't Run? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
No way. Bubu must complete his 8 years.
The 'change' must go on!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Twitter Suspension: Bruno Maçães Reacts 'This Seems Like A Reasonable Decision' / Saraki Rejoices As Court Of Appeal Upheld His Election / Ambode Constructing Flyover And Bridge Ramp At Agege-Pen Cinema (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.