Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

SCARLET:A Monologue(constructive Criticisms Are Welcome) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SCARLET:A Monologue(constructive Criticisms Are Welcome) (587 Views)

Genre: Erotica. The Scarlet / “the Scarlet Letter” A Poem By Isaac Joshua A. / Scarlet: A Short Story On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCARLET:A Monologue(constructive Criticisms Are Welcome) by CallMeBIRA(f): 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
ACT 1,SCENE 1 Scene opens with Simi sparsely dressed with her legs spread in a non challant way as tears continue to stream down her face. The setting is a tastefully furnished room which oozes with gloom. Simi(disconsolate):Life is not a bed of roses,I never seemed to understand.I thought it was just some weird cliche that never made sense(tears roll down her cheeks). Oh! How he forced his way in between my legs,the pain and yet mother thought I was safe with him(wipes her cheeks). Here I am pregnant,a pregnant fourteen year old. I wish mother never started her trade. Since its inception,all I have gotten from neighbours are catcalls and insults and then Chizaram had the guts to confront me that my mother is sleeping with other women's men.
Re: SCARLET:A Monologue(constructive Criticisms Are Welcome) by Fmartin(m): 1:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
hmm..
Re: SCARLET:A Monologue(constructive Criticisms Are Welcome) by CallMeBIRA(f): 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
SCENE 2 The scene opens with Lewa adorned in a strapless dress and an enormous neck piece with matching earrings. The place is one spot short of elegance and sophistication. Lewa(sarcastically): Who are you? I mean you,who do you think you are to point fingers? Yeah,I know the society frowns against prostitution but does the society make provisions for widows? Think about it,it is either we sell our bodies or do jobs that barely fetch money to keep us alive. Well,as for me,selling my body is what pays the bills around here and if I had to choose all over again,I would rather be a Mrs Warren than a Mother Theresa.
Re: SCARLET:A Monologue(constructive Criticisms Are Welcome) by CallMeBIRA(f): 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
SCENE 3 Simi clutches her stomach wishing she never tried to find a solution to the pregnancy. Simi(terrified): I have sent the precious gift back to the stranger that gave it to me because I did not think of it as a gift but as a terrible burden. I did not want it and of that,I was certain but little did I know that I would be punished severely. Well,if this would make mother stop her trade,then,the sacrifice is worth it. Lewa walks in with her shoulder raised high only to find Simi writhing in pain. Simi goes stiff upon sighting her and she tries to revive Simi all to no avail while tears flow down her face. Lewa(devastated):When God takes away our loved ones,we question the wisdom of His love for no heartache compares to the death of ones child. I am however consoled with the fact that He has picked the rosebud in my household to become an angel under His care.
Re: SCARLET:A Monologue(constructive Criticisms Are Welcome) by CallMeBIRA(f): 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
Let the POSITIVE CRITICISMS begin
Re: SCARLET:A Monologue(constructive Criticisms Are Welcome) by Fmartin(m): 2:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
CallMeBIRA:
Let the POSITIVE CRITICISMS begin
when ar we gonna put dis to screen? nyc wrk.. cheesy
Re: SCARLET:A Monologue(constructive Criticisms Are Welcome) by CallMeBIRA(f): 3:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Fmartin:
when ar we gonna put dis to screen? nyc wrk.. cheesy
I dunno about putting it to screen and thank you
Re: SCARLET:A Monologue(constructive Criticisms Are Welcome) by Fmartin(m): 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
CallMeBIRA:
I dunno about putting it to screen and thank you
u welcm

(1) (Reply)

Random Thoughts Of A Stressed Lagos Lawyer. / A Family In South Carolina Has Welcomed A Baby Girl For The First Time In 137yrs / A Very Short Excerpt From One Of My Upcoming Novels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.