Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Is Bail Realy Free? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Bail Realy Free? (518 Views)

Jubilation As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / Jubilation In Aba As Nnamdi Kanu Is Granted Bail (Photos) / Fayose Poses In Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Ruling (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bail Realy Free? by chimex38: 2:25pm On Apr 27, 2017
sequel to the bail granted the face of the Biafran Movement; Nnamdi kanu, albeit with conditions:
sureties:
senator
jewish leader, all of whom must possess 100million naira, in addition to being away from a crowd of not more than 10people.
My question is, how does this juxtapose with the law which states bail is free?.......note however that "bail is free" is also displayed on the walls and notice boards of various police stations...please lawyers and other learned intellectuals in the law, enlighten me...
Lalasticlala
seun
mynd44
Re: Is Bail Realy Free? by driand(m): 2:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Go ask this question in a police station and you'll dare not ask again, trust me.
Re: Is Bail Realy Free? by wordbank(m): 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
Bail is free but u go find boys sth for d road grin
Re: Is Bail Realy Free? by chimex38: 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
driand:
Go ask this question in a police station and you'll dare not ask again, trust me.
what do u mean sir?
Re: Is Bail Realy Free? by chimex38: 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2017
wordbank:
Bail is free but u go find boys sth for d road grin
u mean the police?
i thought d court grants bail?
Re: Is Bail Realy Free? by driand(m): 2:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
chimex38:

what do u mean sir?
you'll understand better when you ask there wink

1 Like

Re: Is Bail Realy Free? by wordbank(m): 2:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
chimex38:

u mean the police?
i thought d court grants bail?
That na big man arrest
Street / false arrest na bail urself for road else multiply am by d number of mofos present
Re: Is Bail Realy Free? by chimex38: 7:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
buh some executive office holders are released on bail based on familiarity while petty street thieves are given massive conditions...dats unfair na.
Re: Is Bail Realy Free? by Blue3k(m): 8:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
I'll try an ask my uncle he's a Magistrate or lawyer I know. From what I know the politicans and Lawyers get special bail condition (Forgot legal name).

chimex38:
Movement; Nnamdi kanu, albeit with conditions:
sureties:
senator
jewish leader, all of whom must possess 100million naira, in addition to being away from a crowd of not more than 10people.
My question is, how does this juxtapose with the law which states bail is free?.......note however that "bail is free" is also displayed on the walls and notice boards of various police stations...please lawyers and other learned intellectuals in the law, enlighten me...

Here's the answer the Lawyer I ask told me.

Bail is not Free. She thought those were already taken down since it's misleading. They can get bail money back in major surety cases. (As long as he doesn't break bail conditions.

The court may release an accused person on bail pending the determination of the case against him/her. Also the the court may release a convicted person on bail pending the determination of his appeal against his conviction. Also the the court may release a convicted person on bail pending the determination of his appeal against his conviction. Conditions for bail is mainly at the discretion of the court. With due regard to the circumstances of the case of course. The conditions for grant and refusal isn't exhaustive , the main factor is the accused attending the trail.
Re: Is Bail Realy Free? by chimex38: 1:03pm On Apr 28, 2017
Blue3k:
I'll try an ask my uncle he's a Magistrate or lawyer I know. From what I know the politicans and Lawyers get special bail condition (Forgot legal name).

Here's the answer the Lawyer I ask told me.

Bail is not Free. She thought those were already taken down since it's misleading. They can get bail money back in major surety cases. (As long as he doesn't break bail conditions.

hmmm...so those huge amounts arent actually taken by d courts...thanks man..

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Should Step Down Concentrate On His Health Status / Marriage Held In Support Of Biafra / Group Warns South West Cabal, Explains Why They Are After President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.