Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (300191 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by sethmelia002: 9:33am On Feb 01, 2018
To be honest I don't think NDDC can conclude the 2018 scholarship scheme by May, going by what the Chairman alluded to. This is already Feb so let's assume another publication for new applicants comes underway earliest today can they possibly conclude by May?. I have my doubts so it is apparent that the 2017 list might not be thrashed. However going with what I heard a while back I was told to prepare for a fresh application. I think they are really confused if you ask me, so applying some amount of pressure on them for the 2017 list should do the trick. I am all in the only problem is Abuja to PH is quite a distance...

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 10:21am On Feb 01, 2018
sethmelia002:
To be honest I don't think NDDC can conclude the 2018 scholarship scheme by May, going by what the Chairman alluded to.I am all in the only problem is Abuja to PH is quite a distance...

Good thoughts. The solution is to guide their confusion to releasing the list by pressurizing firmly whichever way we can.
The logistics challenge of being in PH from farther distances across Nigeria cannot be overemphasized.

How about those who may have proceeded for studies self-sponsored with the hope of reimbursement if they make the list as one of the directors in NDDC advised/suggested. Isn't it unfair to all sides?
Jst imagine the cost of going over this process again for a task that was resoundly completed. This will be foolish and cost ineffective.

Join the chorus to demand for the list to be released.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 11:08am On Feb 01, 2018
My deduction from Ekere's statement on the NDDC site is that, the 2017 process will not be thrown away. However, we should intensify calls for the release of the list. We happen to be interested in pushing for the release of the list, but almost everyone is complaining of distance. I have a proposal which will be effective, if we will buy the idea. Let's contribute and make a paid advert in a national daily, then follow it up with massive social media campaign. This is because whatever we do here on social media,the vast majority who would have been sympathetic to our cause, are not aware.If you look at what it would cost you to pay for your transport and accommodation in PH, and yet be deceived by NDDC officials, or even angered by them,you will see that it will cost us far less to take out a paid advert in a national daily. And it will yeild far more result.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BLESSMME: 11:14am On Feb 01, 2018
It is well
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 11:31am On Feb 01, 2018
We have to act fast. Your name is likely on that list that may be thrown away if you do nothing about it. We the young people of this country give up too easily. That is why this politicians, most of which we are better than,continuously rape us and deny us of our rights. You that is ready to give up and write another exams,what is the guarantee that you will make it.Some of us are not making any effort because we are hoping that our godfathers will put our names in the list. On the other hand, simple logic tells me that if the top officials of NDDC are reluctant to publish the list, it means that the list isn't favourable to their lackeys and cronies. As such,we ordinary Nigerians should fight for the release of the 2017 list because we stand a chance. Let us for once hold our leaders to account. We can't continue to fold our hands and wish for change. Changes don't just happen,they are caused. Let's rise up and cause a change in NDDC today.

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 1:54pm On Feb 01, 2018
amhot:
I have a proposal which will be effective, if we will buy the idea. Let's contribute and make a paid advert in a national daily, then follow it up with massive social media campaign. This is because whatever we do here on social media,the vast majority who would have been sympathetic to our cause, are not aware.If you look at what it would cost you to pay for your transport and accommodation in PH, and yet be deceived by NDDC officials, or even angered by them,you will see that it will cost us far less to take out a paid advert in a national daily. And it will yeild far more result.

This is welcomed considering how the recent payment has become a huge campaign point for pro govt folks who were embarrased with the debts. Thats just a result to show the extent to which the publicity of the problem affected the already not-so-good image of NDDC even acknowledged by the chairman.
can u suggest further / can current scholars link us to their media sources?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 2:18pm On Feb 01, 2018
viewingthistopic:

This is welcomed considering how the recent payment has become a huge campaign point for pro govt folks who were embarrased with the debts. Thats just a result to show the extent to which the publicity of the problem affected the already not-so-good image of NDDC even acknowledged by the chairman.
can u suggest further / can current scholars link us to their media sources?
All we need do is to take a quarter of a page (inside page) in a widely read newspaper like the Sun,agree on the write up and publish it. The kind of damage it will do to NDDC, and the APC by extension, will force NDDC to bring out that list. We can easily contact national dailies to find out their charges for quarter page, and agree on modalities on how to raise the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Dex4(m): 2:46pm On Feb 01, 2018
Sorry guys, is there a whatsapp group for this movement? I was at the interview last year, you can add me up on 08060277688.

viewingthistopic:

Thanks to @dannysugar and others making effort for the release of the list. We can see that the campaigns have begun with the announcement of the payment of debts by pro APC handles on tweeter. I'll suggest we can start/continue by
1) Tweeting and retweeting with harshtags as already seen #Release2017NDDCawardlist
#NDDCScholarship2017
#AskUsani #NDDC #MNDA demanding that the suspension of 2017 awards be lifted.
2) sending of mails to seledi.thomson@nddc.gov.ng (scholarship cordinator) for the list.
As we begin plans for a vist to the commission soonest. Those that have established contacts to NDDC officials can begin in earnest to enquire of the 2017 award list to be released. Lend your voices to this.
Our collective effort can end this.
Pls @Xenaa can you be contacted? Your input will be needed on this planned visit. Thanks.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 02, 2018
Abc
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nigerdcritics(m): 9:17am On Feb 02, 2018
lolololhvfvhb98:

Any update ?

They will not release the list until May this year.
Like I said those in the board of NDDC are nothing but rogues
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by kilmix: 9:34am On Feb 02, 2018
Nigerdcritics:

They will not release the list until May this year.
Like I said those in the board of NDDC are nothing but rogues

Will it be a fresh applicants' list or the 2017 list?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2018
irahub:
Can we confirm that everyone has received payment at least once within the last few weeks. I understand there are still some people that have not yet received any payment.
NDDC contacted me during the week asking me to verify if I had recieved payment, I said No.
The next day they asked me to forward my invoice immidately, on or before the 31st of Jan. The school forwarded an invoice to the officer in charge of payment on the 1st of Febuary.

However on the night of the 31st NDDC MD claimed to have cleared all outstanding debt on TV.

So I am guesing they already have the money to pay me.

But as i said before, i was among the 12 UK students that got paid in April last year. Wasn't paid among the current batch. At first I tot it was because they wanted to first settle others outside the initial 12, but now i know its because they didn’t recieve my invoice.

In summary it is very unusual for NDDC to ask for feedback from scholars. The fact they did that shows some seriousness on their part to clear the debt (say by the end of January). I beleive they would have gotten feedback from all those who haven't been paid or are being owed 2nd or 3rd year fee, and will pay them. This should bring the payment process to an end.

I will keep the house updated, however, I think NDDC will release the 2017/2018 list this month and also commence the 2018/2019 application process by month end or early march.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 1:28am On Feb 03, 2018
Nuel1647:

NDDC contacted me during the week asking me to verify if I had recieved payment, I said No.
The next day they asked me to forward my invoice immidately, on or before the 31st of Jan. The school forwarded an invoice to the officer in charge of payment on the 1st of Febuary.

However on the night of the 31st NDDC MD claimed to have cleared all outstanding debt on TV.

So I am guesing they already have the money to pay me.

But as i said before, i was among the 12 UK students that got paid in April last year. Wasn't paid among the current batch. At first I tot it was because they wanted to first settle others outside the initial 12, but now i know its because they didn’t recieve my invoice.

In summary it is very unusual for NDDC to ask for feedback from scholars. The fact they did that shows some seriousness on their part to clear the debt (say by the end of January). I beleive they would have gotten feedback from all those who haven't been paid or are being owed 2nd or 3rd year fee, and will pay them. This should bring the payment process to an end.

I will keep the house updated, however, I think NDDC will release the 2017/2018 list this month and also commence the 2018/2019 application process by month end or early march.

I hope they get to pay another batch of tuition. They have my 3rd invoice after paying for the second invoice this January. The 3rd invoice has long been due since August last year. I think ladybug2 is still being owed too.

Not clearing the 3rd tuition balance has same effect as not paying the 2nd tuition. Students get de-register for as low as $500 here. No service is free.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 3:25pm On Feb 03, 2018
Mayflowa:

I hope they get to pay another batch of tuition. They have my 3rd invoice after paying for the second invoice this January. The 3rd invoice has long been due since August last year. I think ladybug2 is still being owed too.

Not clearing the 3rd tuition balance has same effect as not paying the 2nd tuition. Students get de-register for as low as $500 here. No service is free.

Yes you are right, my 3rd year fees are overdue and school has already notified we won't graduate / get our certificates if it's not settled. I have emailed a reminder to Ms Seledi
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 7:57am On Feb 05, 2018
Anyone with updates?
We're almost one week into February.
There was no mention of the newspaper publication again.
What's the plan?
We need answers
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by WhichWayNaija: 8:42am On Feb 05, 2018
CSmooth:
Anyone with updates?
We're almost one week into February.
There was no mention of the newspaper publication again.
What's the plan?
We need answers
How about a twitter campaign. Tagging all possible personnel, bloggers and newspapers. Making it go viral?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 11:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
I made a call with regards to the list the NDDC official said he does not know yet
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Mayflowa(m): 8:32am On Feb 09, 2018
@ladybug2

Did you get reply from Ms Seledi about the outstanding tuition ? She didn't reply me.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 10:07am On Feb 09, 2018
Another week coming to an end.
Nothing yet from NDDC.

Are we or is the NDDC there is even any list anywhere at all?
I am beginning to perceive something
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Panda9909: 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
My people, its hard for me to say this but there will be no 2017 list. I met another friend some days ago who confirmed that people were actually sent outside the country under the scholarship scheme. Some of these people didnt even write the test talkless of going for the interview. MAN KNOW MAN. Its a really sad experience for me because I know how much of my resources that went into the whole process. That said, i wish you all success in your academic pursuits. God bless us all.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
Panda9909:
My people, its hard for me to say this but there will be no 2017 list. I met another friend some days ago who confirmed that people were actually sent outside the country under the scholarship scheme. Some of these people didnt even write the test talkless of going for the interview. MAN KNOW MAN. Its a really sad experience for me because I know how much of my resources that went into the whole process. That said, i wish you all success in your academic pursuits. God bless us all.

From your statement people were sponsored for the scholarship in which you claim you heard from a source which might be wrong, because the source never showed you an evidence, while you are assuming that there is no list. please, keep your assumption to yourself and let those that did well in the event till keep there expectation high.

5 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nigerdcritics(m): 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
kilmix:

Will it be a fresh applicants' list or the 2017 list?

No, there will be no new applications this year

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 9:28pm On Feb 09, 2018
Mayflowa:
@ladybug2

Did you get reply from Ms Seledi about the outstanding tuition ? She didn't reply me.

She did not reply me either. Have sent her two emails this week. Not a good sign to be honest.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Panda9909: 11:26am On Feb 10, 2018
lolololhvfvhb98:

From your statement people were sponsored for the scholarship in which you claim you heard from a source which might be wrong, because the source never showed you an evidence, while you are assuming that there is no list. please, keep your assumption to yourself and let those that did well in the event till keep there expectation high.

And what if i tell you that i know one person that is currently in the UK under NDDC scholarship. What if i tell you that he didnt even take the test yet he was asked to come and collect his award letter in November last year. For you to assume that i didnt 'do well' beats my imagination. Anyways, i thought i should share that. I didnt expect to be attacked for sharing. I was also very disappointed. Please keep your hopes and expectations alive. We live in a messed up country, thats all i will say.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
Panda9909:

And what if i tell you that i know one person that is currently in the UK under NDDC scholarship. What if i tell you that he didnt even take the test yet he was asked to come and collect his award letter in November last year. For you to assume that i didnt 'do well' beats my imagination. Anyways, i thought i should share that. I didnt expect to be attacked for sharing. I was also very disappointed. Please keep your hopes and expectations alive. We live in a messed up country, thats all i will say.

Just that you have not told us anything.
The person you talk about is most likely a previous year scholar that differed his admission.
When you do that they give you a new letter.
So yes, he wouldn't need to write last year exams because he already did in the previous year.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
2017 list is still alive. I don't believe this story about people being sent out abroad surreptitiously. The chairman's, candidate took the exams,and is still in Nigeria. Atleast I'm certain of that.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 11:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
Panda9909:

I am very sorry if I had attacked you. No vex Boss
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 1:06am On Feb 13, 2018
Hmmm... Let's calm down.
We all have our 'source and sources'- list will be out this year.
Des anyone know if the Senate has approved Nddc's 2017 budget?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 4:20am On Feb 13, 2018
Ovywils:
Hmmm... Let's calm down. We all have our 'source and sources'- list will be out this year. Des anyone know if the Senate has approved Nddc's 2017 budget?
It will be done probably today or this week.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
Mayflowa:
@ladybug2

I just sent her another email and she responded rather angrily essentially asking 'why am I still complaining!' - this is for PhD scholars still owed one more year or in some other cases, two years.

I did not know what to make out of it, to be honest, but I replied back and said to her quite frankly that I (as well as some of my fellow PhD scholars) am still owed one more year tuition; for me, it is my final year; and my school has made it clear that we won't graduate if all outstanding debts are not settled. NDDC is being very tricky with these recent payments they have made and perhaps using this as an excuse to further delay remittance of all outstanding debts. Let's hope to God they do the right thing anyway. Ms Seledi isn't taking too kindly to my emails anymore though.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2018
ladybug2:

I just sent her another email and she responded rather angrily essentially asking 'why am I still complaining!' - this is for PhD scholars still owed one more year or in some other cases, two years.

I did not know what to make out of it, to be honest, but I replied back and said to her quite frankly that I (as well as some of my fellow PhD scholars) am still owed one more year tuition; for me, it is my final year; and my school has made it clear that we won't graduate if all outstanding debts are not settled. NDDC is being very tricky with these recent payments they have made and perhaps using this as an excuse to further delay remittance of all outstanding debts. Let's hope to God they do the right thing anyway. Ms Seledi isn't taking too kindly to my emails anymore though.

we will keep on sending her mail .... They should learn how to be responsible

5 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 3:42am On Feb 14, 2018
lolololhvfvhb98:

we will keep on sending her mail .... They should learn how to be responsible
In fact we should even bombard her with mails,and make her feel a little of the frustration they are making us go through.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.