Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Why MTN Recharge Cards Are Still Been Sold At Increased Prices - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why MTN Recharge Cards Are Still Been Sold At Increased Prices (1183 Views)

Possible Reasons Why MTN Changed Recharge Card Loading Pattern, Reduces Card PIN / MTN Introduces 17-digit MTN Recharge PIN / MTN Reacts Over The Sudden Price Increase Of Recharge Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why MTN Recharge Cards Are Still Been Sold At Increased Prices by Techpaded(f): 3:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
All MTN recharge card vendors may end up having zero profit if they sell at face-value prices. Yea! N100 and N200 naira MTN recharge cards are now being sold for N110 naira and N210 respectively by some sellers. But the big question is "why?"

I've been to a lot of recharge card sellers kiosks and once they announce to a customer that they sell at N110, some of them murmur and walk away, calling them thieves. But this is not the fault of the sellers, as you can't run a business without profit.

With MTN claiming they're not responsible for the price increment and also advising customers to buy face value prices only, this knot is becoming more complicated. I guess you saw the SMS they sent.

http://www.techpaded.com.ng/2017/04/why-mtn-recharge-cards-are-still-been.html

Re: Why MTN Recharge Cards Are Still Been Sold At Increased Prices by suso(m): 3:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
Buy from your bank account and no noise
Re: Why MTN Recharge Cards Are Still Been Sold At Increased Prices by kogbaski99: 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
That's cos mtn are scammers
Re: Why MTN Recharge Cards Are Still Been Sold At Increased Prices by Techpaded(f): 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
The image above best describes the situation petty sellers are facing. They are barely making 20 naira gain, and that's why I appreciate Glo for keeping their price stable at N950, giving sellers N50 gain without selling for N110.
Re: Why MTN Recharge Cards Are Still Been Sold At Increased Prices by shiftback: 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
probably your location. I've always bought airtime for the exact amount they're worth
Re: Why MTN Recharge Cards Are Still Been Sold At Increased Prices by Techpaded(f): 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
delta state newspaper ad
lalasticlala

Re: Why MTN Recharge Cards Are Still Been Sold At Increased Prices by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
The truth of the matter is that the chain of distribution is long in Nigeria. Some dealers are considering high cost of printing paper and other things. The fact still remains that retailers are not making profit at all but just managing to sell to keep body and soul. I would advise customers to buy electronically but should be careful so as not exhaust their account if they had used bank ussd code

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Best Xiaomi Phones 2017 – Specification / What Is Happening To Glo 3g And Gprs Data Browsing? / Leagoo Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.