Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,946 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:04 AM

Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse (8721 Views)

Poll: Were have you seen the most spider activity

Bathroom: 33% (2 votes)
Bed room: 16% (1 vote)
Living room: 33% (2 votes)
Drive way: 0% (0 votes)
Yard: 0% (0 votes)
Basement: 16% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Isaac Brown, Feels No Pain / Remedy For Brown Set Of Teeth / Man Given New Face, Nose Teeth And Jaw After 15 Years Living As A Recluse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by Feisty102: 4:38am On Jan 06, 2010
yes this is a very dangrous spider It is a tiny little brown spider. Don't fool your self like I did I thought it was a daddy long legger but no this has a thicker body and thicker legs. If you are not sure do some research. I don't now the areas they live in but I live in maryland and I found 2 in my house. They are very spacey( don't like other spiders)unless it is mating season then there can be up to around 5 in small room depended on there population in your area. These little creatures are very toxic there venom eats the skin to leave big holes were you are bitten. There bites will send you to the hospital if not treatedearly. My father waited 4 days to go to the docters and he had to stay in the hospital for allmost 4 weeks ( not fun) and it left a seeping smelly hole in his skin. That had to be cleaned every 2-3 hours. It hurts so bad it can make a grown man cry to  not falling asleep for long period of time even days. Do not fool  your self in thinking you do not need a docter these things are really  dangrous.   Here's my first encounter: my andy 6 years old brother were.                playing around in the basement and he ran in to the bathroom and hid   agenst the wall then I told him to move and i saw a very strange looking   spider and i thought it was a daddy long legger but then I noticed it   jump  and then I rushed to get my brother.                                                                                                                         
After a while the spider just stopped and did not move for a while and then I grabed a cup and some spray and killed it and              took pics if it and posted it online and lots of people tell me it was it was a brown recluse spider. Iam lucky it did not but me or my brother. Iam just telling every one this so you can be aware of the danger of these little devils.

1 Like

Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by Feisty102: 4:42am On Jan 06, 2010
Sorry for secound page but here , If you had a encounter with any spider or just want more info about the brown recluse I might be able to help just post below pics are welcome
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by dominique(f): 9:03am On Jan 06, 2010
it will be mighty nice of you if you post pictures of one of them spiders.
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by MCLOVIN: 9:46am On Jan 06, 2010
The brown recluse, did u say Maryland ? Is that the state in U.S or I keja lagos. I hope im right, but we dnt seem to have them in Nija.
Very deadly creatures which hide in toilet bowls, pictures would be very helpful.
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by H2O2: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2010
here's from google

[img]http://leisureguy.files./2008/12/brownreclusebitelrg.jpg[/img]
brown recluse bite
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by H2O2: 9:50am On Jan 06, 2010
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 06, 2010
the most dangerous spiders in the world

the black widow - bite can kill
the brown recluse - bite causes gangrenous lesions
the sidney funnelweb - bite can kill

as an aside tarantulas are just big, but not dangerous to humans
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by Feisty102: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
I live in baltomore Maryland in the USA
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by MCLOVIN: 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2010
@Feisty
Oh ! What a relief ! I tot those critters hopped on a plane and landed in Lagos. They r nasty bugs, trust me.
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by agathamari(f): 5:59pm On Jan 06, 2010
the brown recluse and its cousin the black recluse are NORTH AMERICAN spiders.  most people living in the US in regions where teh spider lives know the spider well. 

deaths from it or the black widow (also from the US) are rare

a brown recluse and a daddy long legs look nothing alike
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by Feisty102: 10:12pm On Jan 06, 2010
Well you would now right cause you are in my shoes I live in Maryland and I did see one and from were I was standing the legs looked well like a daddy long legger and I never said some one died so please don't come on here expect to ruin any thing so next time get your facts straight
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by agathamari(f): 9:56am On Jan 07, 2010
Feisty102:

Well you would now right cause you are in my shoes I live in Maryland and I did see one and from were I was standing the legs looked well like a daddy long legger and I never said some one died so please don't come on here expect to ruin any thing so next time get your facts straight

im from the us.  i have seen brown recluses my entire life as well as thier bites (in person not over the web).  so dont assume your the only one who has ever seen one, try living in georgia or florida they are a regular house guest.  and my comment on people dying from them was directed at oyb. pay attention. 

pics are for your edification

Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by dominique(f): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2010
oyb:

the most dangerous spiders in the world

the black widow - bite can kill
the brown recluse - bite causes gangrenous lesions
the sidney funnelweb - bite can kill

as an aside tarantulas are just big, but not dangerous to humans

i want to believe bites from the brown recluse can also kill if not properly treated. thank goodness we dont have those spiders hers. . . almost as if they know our health system is wack.
Re: Spider To Look Out For: Brown Recluse by Feisty102: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2010
Maul I under stand that we like to now all an if you can read properly I said from my standing

(1) (Reply)

Https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appmoney.mobi.view / The Value Of Health Insurance / NCDC Warns Nigerians Over ‘high Risk’ Of Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.