Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health (644 Views)

Police Release Statement On Arrest Of Rotimi Amaechi / Presidency Release Press Statement Regarding Hajiya Amina Zakari / "I Wept Because Of Buhari's Health" - Bisi Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by Gidiwap(m): 2:34am On Apr 28, 2017
The presidency via the Senior Special
Assistant to the President on Media &
Publicity, Garba Shehu have released a
statement on Buhari’s health, assuring
Nigerians that there is no cause apprehension.

Read after the cut…

“The Presidency hereby assures the good
people of Nigeria that, despite the
insinuations of a number of media
organisations, there is no need for
apprehension over the health of our
President, Muhammadu Buhari.

President Buhari’s absence at the Federal
Executive Council meeting of Wednesday,
April 26, was a last minute decision;
otherwise, the cabinet and the public might
have been alerted in advance. As eager as
he is to be up and about, the President’s
doctors have advised on his taking things
slowly, as he fully recovers from the long
period of treatment in the United Kingdom
some weeks ago.

President Buhari himself, on his return to
the country, made Nigerians aware of the
state of his health while he was in
London. Full recovery is sometimes a slow
process, requiring periods of rest and
relaxation, as the Minister for Information,
Lai Mohammed, intimated in his press
briefing after the FEC meeting on
Wednesday.

Despite his lack of visibility, Nigerians
should rest assured that President Buhari
has not abdicated his role as Commander-
in-Chief of Nigeria. He receives daily
briefings on the activities of government,
and confers regularly with his Vice
President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo. His
private residence, in which he has been
spending the majority of his time recently,
also has a fully equipped office.

God is the giver of life and health. We are
grateful that He has seen our President
through the worst period of his
convalescence in London. We are thankful
that the President has passed a number of
benchmarks already. We pray that God
continues to see him through this period
of recuperation.”

GARBA SHEHU
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
April 27, 2017

Source: http://classictunez.com.ng/entertainment/presidency-release-statement-on-president-buharis-health/

1 Share

Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by Luggi007(m): 3:15am On Apr 28, 2017
Na so dem cover yara'dua so teyyyy, the man peff at the end. I think that should serve as enough lesson for the presidency and Buhari himself. Let us know if the man is sick so we can pray for him. NO BIG DEAL!!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by LionDeLeo: 3:20am On Apr 28, 2017
Mr president, get well soon.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by mamatayour(f): 3:25am On Apr 28, 2017
Baba don old therefore he needs rest. But it's not a DO or DIE affair oh. LIE Muhammed said you'll be working from home like say u be GSM operator

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by chriskosherbal(m): 3:31am On Apr 28, 2017
Mr President I sincerely wish you get well soon...that's my prayer, your health is non negotiable, compared to any political office.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by 1shortblackboy: 3:40am On Apr 28, 2017
these guys have lied so much that i dont even consider if they're telling the truth any more i just assume they are lieing

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by seunfuckgarri: 3:46am On Apr 28, 2017
Who is the presidency?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by kenny987(f): 3:55am On Apr 28, 2017
So he's no longer hale and hearty as they claimed earlier when he was at his worst in London?
Aso rock is not a retirement home or deathbed. Mr President should resign honourably as he's not in a position to even initiate any independent thought or action. Everything he does now is based on hearsay via so called briefings and reports and we all know what that means.

He should pull on the non-existent shreds of d famed integrity and resign, that is if he's still capable of doing anything for himself.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by rifasenate11(m): 4:09am On Apr 28, 2017
make them no kill the man before his time. if he cannot continue to discharge his duties due to poor health let him simply resign. It's an honourable thing to do. but if his cabal that are gainful because he is there insists. well, I will just say this " soldier go,soildier come, barrack still stands".

1 Like

Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by Tazdroid(m): 4:25am On Apr 28, 2017
Coverups, the mainstay of the economy
Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by ourema(f): 4:41am On Apr 28, 2017
Those who are managing the information and media in the Presidency are not realistic and are not doing very well. There is nothing wrong to be sick but if you hide and continue to say things are OK that is when it generates speculations and a total hijacked by social media. Remember they used social media to get prominence and now the same process is used by the people to fight them
Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by Vicolan: 4:58am On Apr 28, 2017
Help your life by resigning simple..... Get well Mr President....
Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by Nobody: 5:12am On Apr 28, 2017
May God give you longer years and good health sir.
Every creature that pray for your death will go before you one after the other sir.
I keep having you in my prayers daily for Gods special protection and grace.
It shall be well with you my President.
You are healed completely in Jesus name.
Arise and Shine........
Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:06am On Apr 28, 2017
Resignation is what's up now but the man from Daura would rather die in Aso Rock than resign
Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by UncleJudax(m): 6:14am On Apr 28, 2017
Na today him come back from from treatment? Next FEC meeting should be next week huh...make we see una next episode...nollywoodians
Re: Presidency Release Statement On President Buhari's Health by Mynd44: 6:28am On Apr 28, 2017

(1)

We Only Helped Buhari With A Non Violent Transition To Power- UK / Pls Who Are The Cabals? / (video):alleged Owner Of $43M Ikoyi Loot In His Words, "Who Told You Buhari Is S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.