Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,282 members, 7,811,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. (828 Views)

10 Reasons The War On Terror Is Killing You - Listverse / Ghana Has One Of The Worst Economies In The World. (forbes List) / Israel's War On Gaza. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by NegroNtns(m): 8:57am On Jan 06, 2010
1. For every act of terror strike launched against the United States,

a. how much does it cost al Qaeda if a strike failed?

b. how much does it cost America if a strike succeeded?

2. Could al Qaeda embed a strike launch with multiple but disparate targets or motives?

a. to kill population
b. act as agent of change
c. influence policies
d. force resource deployments
e. shepherd social adaptations
f. disrupt and divert diplomatic/political advantages

3. Could al Qaeda penetrate the security perimeter at a global summit of World Leaders?

a. to embarrass and discredit security guarantees
b. to abduct and or take hostages
c. to kill and cause massive shift in global political dominance and status
d. just to shock and awe the globe and force the creation of impulsive but chaotic and confusing reorganizations.

5. What are the likelihood that al Qaeda has gained new knowledge that just showing up with the obvious tools of terror will create just as much and far reaching consequences and thus may see advantage in scaling down or completely steering away from suicidal bombers and adopt more strategic methods employing mind games and cyber to execute terror?

a. planting fake backpacks in high traffic areas at large gatherings.
b. running through security check points at busy airports during peak schedules.
c. monitoring and broadcasting maritime presence of tankers and vessels.
d. broadcasting specifics of an upcoming large event.

I'm playing devil's advocate. . .the list goes on and on and on. . .

it will even be more devastating if and when al Qaeda catches on with the Global warming buzz! I think there need to be robust security apparatus to safeguard those interests. This is crucial. . .very crucial! Here is why.

None of any targets so far struck or attempted by al Qaeda is registered on the global investment market. Carbon trade is different in that aspect. Attacking an oil vessell that spills its fluid cargo at sea is catastrophic both for the sea creatures, the oil industry and the global warming cause. . .worse, it could capsize the odds on the carbon bets and crash the market and the dollar value.

Like I said, just using power of imagination. . .das all!
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by JeSoul(f): 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2010
Negro, hmm, the FBI and CIA have cyberbots that detect these kinds of things oh. This one serious pass just mere imagination. Don't let someone get some false impression and add more fuel to the 'Nigerians are terrorists' fire that is currently burning.
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by Ibime(m): 8:01am On Jan 07, 2010
All this war on terror will never end. . . Bush opened a pandoras box. . . today its Afghanistan and Iraq. . . tomorrow Yemen, Iran and Somalia. . . . the only way to end this is to adopt a volte-face on middle-Eastern policy and withdraw all support for Israel. . . . thats the only way the Arabs will sheath their swords. . . those people too get strong-head. . .
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by NegroNtns(m): 9:23am On Jan 07, 2010
JeSoul,

Thanks for looking out for my well being. wink

Judging by the way America is fighting this war on terror, the scale is tipped in al Qaeda's favor. Contrary to released broadcasts of al Qaeda being decimated in number and capacity, the reality on the ground proves otherwise.

Between the incident of Dec 25th and today, a mere two weeks. . .America's response in monetary value alone is already in billlions of dollars. What is the cost to al Qaeda, using any measure of value? Zero!!! That action has not cost them to loose any life, property, territorial control or operational asset.

al Qaeda understand this handicap on the American side and are exploiting the imbalance in the scale. I am only a messenger of truth. . .I connect the dots and narrate the play. I am not an actor in the script.

You ever watched the movie 'The Magician' ? lmao!
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by NegroNtns(m): 1:55pm On Jan 07, 2010
THE 6 COUNTS. . .Any Plea?
-----------------------------------------------

First, here is the indictment, taken directly from the authorities. Follow the link, read the charges then come back here and read some more.

http://detroit.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel10/de010610.htm
-----------------------------------------------

1. Charges were filed in a jury indictment against Umar Farouk. I hope he would not face a jury trial.

If he is tried by jury, the law require they be his PEERS. Who in America are his peers? Anyway, no problem! It won't matter if this is an open end or a close end definition, I am sure there are plenty and more than sufficient precedence to reference for an overrule of the objection but. . .lawyers love to throw spaghetti on the wall and see if it sticks. lol!

2. The only charge that carry a single penalty of life sentence is the one accusing him of using 'weapons of mass destruction'

Well, if I were AG Eric Holder I would word that charge differently. How would Umar Farouk know he was carrying a weapon of mass destruction? He must have pre-knowledge and cognition of what item and substance is a WoMD. Does he have that awareness?

For answer we only need to look at airport security check points to see what items of personal belonging are confiscated on a routine daily basis from his soon to be PEERS. Ordinary household items that to us are no more than simple firecrackers and that hold no significant hazard when handled safely are actually classified by Government as WoMD but citizens are still clueless about the hazardous nature of these substances and plan on boarding aircraft with them untill they get to the security agent at the gate who intervenes by seizing the item and sending the traveller along with their new awareness to their designated terminal.

So posession of WoMD is common occurrence at airports but thank God for the dilligence of security personnell, they never make it past the gates, unless a flaw occur in that inspection process. Even at that, it can be guaranteed that there will be no episode on the ground or in the air and the entire travel time will be event free. The same level of confidence cannot be attributed if there were pre-motivated designs to conceal and escape detection towards the aim of causing an eventful episode on the ground or in the air, as was the case here with Umar Farouk.

So while he, the Defendant, could decidedly be convicted on motive. . .the Government is culpable in security lax and cannot prove beyond reasonable doubt that Umar Farouk is knowledgable and cognizant of the fact that he was indeed carrying a WoMD, anymore than it could prove that the general citizenry of America are knowledgable and cognizant of every classified item or substance designated as WoMD by their Government. To the extent that a subset of this citizenry will be seated as jurors in the courtroom and in their capacity, as required under the provision of due process, as PEERS of the accused. . .it is fair to invoke the civil rights act of 1964, which makes it unconstitutional to discriminate against individuals on grounds of color, religion, race or nationality and therefore make the case that any conviction of Mr Mutallab on this charge without equally prosecuting and convicting Americans who are known to have in the past, at current or in a time in future, approached airport security posts with classified and designated items and substances of WoMD would therefore be an act of discrimination and miscarriage of justice.

3. On the charge that he endangered 287 lives.

He can comfortably call two high profile witnesses for his defense;
(a) the US Government
(b) Northwestern/Delta Airline.

He did not use false identity to travel. He traveled under his own name, passport and visa. What does this mean? A lot!! He can use this evidence as argument to counter any accusation that he was trevelling in concealment or to avoid detection.

American Intelligence Agencies knew who he was ahead of his travel and had no problem with him entering an airport, boarding an airplane or flying in air and more so had no objection to his entry into US soil. Umar Farouk is not responsible for safety in the air and must not be penalized when air safety is violated. He is responsible for his personal acts in the air and if he has acted in ways contrary to and in violation of the contract of carriage between himself as passenger and Delta as Carrier, then that's what he should be prosecuted for. What are the terms of that contract and has there been a violation, and to what extent are violators penalized?

Northwestern, shortly after this incident filed a lawsuit/complaint alleging the Government's failure to detect and prevent the bomber posed risks and endangered its passengers. If the Judge would allow its admission in the case, that's a material evidence that should be subponaed by the Defense.

In addition, all inbound travellers into United States are expected to conform to certain rules and regulation of entry. What are those rules and in what capacity has this Defendant violated them?

Umar Farouk could argue that he was inadvertently enabled to get that far in the plot by the gap left open in what should have been air tight security barriers and thus did not willingly intend to carry out the errand but for hand of fate when his encounter at numerous security points repeatedly failed his expectations. Testament to that is the fact that he was travelling with transparency and openess.

. . .The Government's back is on the wall. This guy, Umar Farouk is gonna end up with a plea deal and go for 20yrs. Obama need political approval and so he will play it with tough love. . .no possibility of parole for the convicted felon!

Court Adjourned! Honorable Judge Negro Nations exiting the chambers. lmaoJ
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by JeSoul(f): 4:36pm On Jan 07, 2010
Negro_Ntns:

JeSoul,

Thanks for looking out for my well being. wink
I got your back brotha  cool

Judging by the way America is fighting this war on terror, the scale is tipped in al Qaeda's favor. Contrary to released broadcasts of al Qaeda being decimated in number and capacity, the reality on the ground proves otherwise.

Between the incident of Dec 25th and today, a mere two weeks. . .America's response in monetary value alone is already in billlions of dollars. What is the cost to al Qaeda, using any measure of value? Zero!!! That action has not cost them to loose any life, property, territorial control or operational asset.

al Qaeda understand this handicap on the American side and are exploiting the imbalance in the scale. I am only a messenger of truth. . .I connect the dots and narrate the play. I am not an actor in the script.

You ever watched the movie 'The Magician' ? lmao!
You're absolutely right. Absolutely right. People have been saying its only a matter of time before Americans get tired of all these "wars on terrorism" in all these countries. I supported bringing the troops home because I know this is not a winnable initiative and will end once the pockets run dry. Extremists have existed since ancient times, they will still be here after we're long gone.

Ibime:

All this war on terror will never end. . . Bush opened a pandoras box. . . today its Afghanistan and Iraq. . . tomorrow Yemen, Iran and Somalia. . . . the only way to end this is to adopt a volte-face on middle-Eastern policy and withdraw all support for Israel. . . . thats the only way the Arabs will sheath their swords. . . those people too get strong-head. . .
For where? Go to the religion section. And open the profile of NL's own foremost jihadist Abuzola. It pictures a certain hard-faced man, pointing with indignation, holding a placard that states "Islam will dominate the world".

This is what they want and they will not sleep nor slumber until they kill all the infidels.
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by Ibime(m): 7:49am On Jan 08, 2010
JeSoul:

For where? Go to the religion section. And open the profile of NL's own foremost jihadist Abuzola. It pictures a certain hard-faced man, pointing with indignation, holding a placard that states "Islam will dominate the world".

This is what they want and they will not sleep nor slumber until they kill all the infidels.

Have you performed your civic duty of reporting Abuzola to the authorities like Farouk Muttallab's father reported him to the CIA? cool
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by JeSoul(f): 3:16pm On Jan 08, 2010
Ibime:

Have you performed your civic duty of reporting Abuzola to the authorities like Farouk Muttallab's father reported him to the CIA? cool
Seems someone already beat me to it https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-375092.128.html#msg5274857
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by preselect(m): 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2010
he he he heeeee grin . . . . . negro-ntns . . . be kiaful oooooo grin

every nigerian in US & UK now has some secret agent lurking behind somewhere grin
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by NegroNtns(m): 1:00am On Jan 11, 2010
Hey Press, thanks!

There is no harm or bad intent on my part. . .US has always been a police state, overly or covertly. I read a lot of papers on the COINTELPRO projects of the 60s when Edgar Hoover headed the FBI and what they did both in inflitration and direct attacks on Black Panther, SNCC, and all other Black Movements. They have capability to exercise and manipulate power in ways that the ordinary mind cannot imagine. So I am quite aware and intimate with their abilities to deploy such resources when they pick up a scent.

My phone line, email, online posts, blogs, bulletins and articles. . .as well as my home, is open to them for surveillance anytime they want. I have no agenda but I will not deny my spirit the need to voice a thought when such thoughts become manifest in my mind. In all things religious, I distance myself. I am a spiritualist, not a religious person. In all things political, I stand for and will die for the cause of the black race. So it is very upsetting to me that al Qaida will recruit a black person to murder himself and other innocent people for an Arab jihadi cause. Come to think of it, they do not discriminate who their victims are. So we all have a common enemy. . .al Qaida! Truth hurts, but my soul hurts even more when my truth is shut down.

Again, Big Thanks!
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 11, 2010
CNN even showed some Arab Americans demonstrating in front of the courthouse.

Their placards were as anti-violence as anything.

Was this propaganda?

why werent black African muslims demonstrating as well? Were they there but not shown?

plz this is a serious question and observation. Anyone who has issues with it should buzz off. angry
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by NegroNtns(m): 6:15pm On Jan 11, 2010
tpia,

what were they demonstrating, in support or in condemnation of UFA?
Re: War On Terror. . .the Economies Of Scale. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
^^ they had placards saying things like "Islam is against terrorism"

"Say no to violence"

"Not in the name of Islam"

etc etc

I didnt see any black Muslim Africans there, though I could be wrong- perhaps they were out of sight?

(1) (Reply)

Horrific Video Of Child Bombed By Nato In Sirte, Libya / Israel Involvement In Connecticut Killing - Gordon Duff (marine Vietnam Veteran) / Jean-marie Le Pen Says French Terror Attacks Were Work Of Western Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.