Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures (30088 Views)

Fire At Utako Motor Park In Abuja; Passengers, Drivers Scamper For Safety / Man Playing With Cobras At Kano Motor Park / Why Are Alcoholic Drinks Allowed To Be Sold At Motor-Parks, Bus Stops, Etc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by 36governors: 8:48am On Apr 28, 2017
Ab Isong, a lead Pastor of The Citadel in Uyo, Akwa Ibom, shared this sad story on Facebook.

The woman identified as Felicia was brought to Young Shall Grow in Lagos by her husband, who he claimed was well aware that she was sick. She slumped and died shortly after the vehicle arrived Itam Park, Uyo on Thursday morning, April 27.

[b]DEAD ON ARRIVAL:
Somehow i wanted to overlook this story, but it boils down to marrying a wrong man hence this post.
Earlier today (thursday 6.pm precisely), I went to Itam Park long distance bus terminus where i was expecting a parcel from Lagos.
On arrival I saw an unusual crowd and I decided to get close. Only to find this woman dead and laid beside the young shall grow bus which transported her to Uyo.
I was privileged to ask a co-passenger who boarded same vehicle with her from Lagos to Uyo.
She said the woman's husband brought her to the park alive to board the vehicle. And that He knew the woman wasn't very strong while embarking on the long journey. And had made arrangement with a pastor here in Uyo to pick her and commence prayers.
The woman arrived Uyo alive, stepped out of the vehicle, asked for her luggage to be given to her which the driver obliged. Seeing she was weak, they offered her a chair to sit while waiting for pick-up.. the next thing she fell off the chair and that was the end of her life here on earth.
Minutes later, The Pastor came but was told from a distance that the lady he just spoke with on phone is dead. The man took off and disappeared.
Everyone deserted her but the good Samaritan in me came alive and I decided not to leave her there just like others did. I had to put a call across to the Nigerian Police and they responded swiftly. they came to the scene but my joy was complete when a woman came around and identified the lady as Felicia.. she wept and said Edoh Eke Wod meaning (they married her to kill her)... she has been taken to the mortuary by the Nigerian Police.
But my trouble is, Why will a man allow his wife travel such a long distance alone knowing too well she was sick?
Did he ever love that woman?
Did he know the woman won't survive and decided to send her back to her state for death?
Why didn't he take her to the hospital for treatment?
Oh Lord! help us... My wife is still weeping.
I'm happy i did my best.
Woman I don't know you, But may God bless your soul.
Rest In Peace.
Don't just write R.I.P, the reason i wrote this is for us to learn from it.
Never stay with a man who has no regards for you. if you die he will marry another. Marriage is not by force. You can still make heaven without marriage ooh! Marriage is not a yardstick to measure success.
I speak in anger! if staying single will keep you alive, please stay single and live than to marry and die.[/b]

Source - http://www.viviangist.net/felicia-lagos-based-woman-slumps-dies-at-motor-park-in-uyo-pictures

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by 36governors: 8:48am On Apr 28, 2017
rip

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Destined2win: 8:53am On Apr 28, 2017

23 Likes

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by doctimonyeka(m): 8:56am On Apr 28, 2017
Its a wicked world..... We are only saved by grace...

RIP ma

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by pearlemerald(f): 8:57am On Apr 28, 2017
chaiiiiiiiii,may her soul rest in peace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by dominique(f): 9:03am On Apr 28, 2017
Her husband actually put her through such strenuous long distance travel alone knowing fully well her state of health. That's too bad. RIP to the deceased

17 Likes

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 28, 2017
Minutes later, The Pastor came but was told from a distance that the lady he just spoke with on phone is dead. The man took off and disappeared
welcome to reality, what man of God does that? the foolish man succedded in depriving his sick wife of proper medical care just to put her life in the hands of a so-called "man of God", this nonsense happens everyday, some pastor would tell some HIV or diabetic or other sick patients to steer clear of their drugs in the name of "faith" only for them to end up worse...mainwhile Rev 22:2 says the LEAVES are for the healing of the nations, God who gave man the command and ability to create drugs from nature isnt wise?

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Ifebaby16(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2017
wink
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by opethom(m): 9:25am On Apr 28, 2017
Buhari why

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by AlphaStyles(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2017
Nigeria people at work
RIP

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by autotrader014(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2017
RIP to the lady..
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Dandsome: 9:26am On Apr 28, 2017
So sad. I hope the husband is happy wherever he is now? Instead of taking her to the hospital, you decided to take her to a pastor so far away that the stress of traveling alone is enough to kill her.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Olukat(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2017
Tired to type RIP
Heaven pls forgive our sins cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Hollasmall: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2017
Lord have mercy

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by druzor: 9:28am On Apr 28, 2017
God bless u sir.hope Nigerians will learn from ur kind gesture

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by hectorswag(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2017
Chisos shocked

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by mikeycharles(m): 9:29am On Apr 28, 2017
Village people angry RIP

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Dollyak(f): 9:30am On Apr 28, 2017
RIP to her. Instead of arranging an appointment with a doctor the husband sent her to meet a pastor. This is what happens when ignorance and religion mix.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 28, 2017
Rip to her tho
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by directonpc(m): 9:33am On Apr 28, 2017
That phrase "dead on arrival" is offensive. Have respect for the dead. Mod take note.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by SBG04: 9:34am On Apr 28, 2017
The police took her to the mortuary? Who confirmed that she was dead? Was there a doctor on ground? Could it be that she fainted? Or fell into a coma? The entire health care apparatus in Nigeria is dead. The ideal would have been to call an emergency number and have paramedics take care of her and if indeed she died, have the coroner certify her dead and take her to the mortuary. I really doubt if that woman died on the spot. She probably just fainted from Exhaustion or at worst, went into a coma or suffering from Low BP. Someone just falls down and everybody scampers and concluded that she died. Pathetic.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by hectorswag(m): 9:34am On Apr 28, 2017
Shame on everyone that abandoned her the moment she slumped, and may God punish that useless pastor. She would have still been alive if they had taken action immediately or had the driver in the bus dropped her at a hospital upon arriving Uyo, even before heading to the bus park! angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by imam07: 9:35am On Apr 28, 2017
dominique:
Her husband actually put her through such strenuous long distance travel alone knowing fully well her state of health. That's too bad. RIP to the deceased
You can just conclude like that. Were u with the couple when d woman decided to travel? Do u know whether the man told her not to travel under that condition and she refused. Am not there with them but i know a situation where a man will advise his wife not to do something and she will want to do it. It is only God that knows what happened.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Nickymezor(f): 9:35am On Apr 28, 2017
Nawa o. Poor her...Do rest in peace ma
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Realhommie(m): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2017
kingsouthie:
Minutes later, The Pastor came but was told from a distance that the lady he just spoke with on phone is dead. The man took off and disappeared
welcome to reality, what man of God does that? the foolish man succedded in depriving his sick wife of proper medical care just to put her life in the hands of a so-called "man of God", this nonsense happens everyday, some pastor would tell some HIV or diabetic or other sick patients to steer clear of their drugs in the name of "faith" only for them to end up worse...mainwhile Rev 22:2 says the LEAVES are for the healing of the nations, God who gave man the command and ability to create drugs from nature isnt wise?
Welcome to reality..
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Onyenna(m): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2017
Jeez.. ..rip
Re: Lagos-Based Woman Slumps, Dies At Motor Park In Uyo - Pictures by Zulu212: 9:37am On Apr 28, 2017
My heart bleeds angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Stranded At Seme Border After Shutdown By Soldiers, Immigration / Slangs Used In Portharcourt / Ikot Oku Flyover, Abak, Akwa Ibom In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.