Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide (25861 Views)

Access Bank Shuts Down 346 Branches Nationwide To Reduce Cost(see Full List) / Access Bank To Shut Down 346 Banks Nationwide (List) / SCC Nigeria May Shut Pipe Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by God4memi: 1:36pm On Apr 28, 2017
Thank God I acted fast by moving all my money from Ecobank to another bank and I have instructed all my customers not to pay into Ecobank again since I gave them my Church account to open and they did not open it after some months tossing me here and there that I collected the package without opening

I have received a text message from them that my koboless account with one of their very vibrant branch when it was oceanic in Portharcourt has been moved to fleet house

Let them go they are good for nothing I beg.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by oake(m): 1:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
Ecobank matter don tire everybody. Wen d directors, cecilia n co. de chop money dem forget the evil day. D bank is a shadow of itsef. Unstable like water. D oda day, d one in ma area no even open at all, dem se no power. At sum oda times, na network wahala, even today wen i go make deposit, dat d moni I pay in dis mornin, go reflect only later in the evening. Na d labour market I de fear for staff.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by Smartlife(m): 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2017
Na their frustration make me go open another bank account in a different bank. To open an Internet banking for you is war, no mobile app for easy transfer. The worst of it all is that most times you want to withdraw in their atm.. No service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by famzynet: 2:17pm On Apr 28, 2017
ROBO1722:
THE BANK IS GOOD TO GO.
CUSTOMER BANKERS RELATIONSHIP IS ZERO, SO HOW DO THEY INTEND TO MAKE PROFIT WHEN THEIR CUSTOMERS ARE LEAVING THEM FOR LACK OF COMMITMENT?
OCEANIC WAS FAR BETTER, ECO IS A FAILED BANK FROM THE ON-SET

I stopped banking with them about 3years ago because their workers to customer relationship is zero. Just for them to help me transfer my ATM card from Enugu to PH they kept posting me despite numerous visits till I got tired and I left them. Whereas GTBank did that for me within 2 weeks in just one visit to the bank . Abeg Ecobank needs to go jare.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by richard870(m): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
Not suprised. They have always been bad!
Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by Madlin: 4:32pm On Apr 28, 2017
PoliticalWatch:
For the spare parts seller here on Nairaland,when you don't understand something you ask questions.Optimization means they will collapses the closed branches into the nearest ones,especially where they are paying high rents and relocate the staffs to other branches where there is shortage of human resources to enable better service delivery.
Some branches are on the same street or building due to the merger with old Oceanic Bank,besides electronic banking is what they are aiming at and not all these one,people that have not bath for days will come and be queuing up to withdraw 500 Naira like we find in Diamond Bank, First Bank & Wema Bank of the Afonjas.
Ecobank have said they want to use their 2016 profit after tax to clean or reduce their loan impaired losses from the days of Oceanic Bank,which is good for the bank instead of rolling over the losses and continue to declare paper profits like UBA,GTB,Zenith etc.They have simply made provisions for toxic asset,only informed people will know this and not all this Amala & ewedu dealers in isale Eko or Chinedu selling okirika sandals in Vespa.

Many thanks "PoliticalWatch" these people do not understand, the bank isnt closing and they are not laying off any staff. Ecobank is one of the Strategic important Banks and they have made full loans provision assuring shareholders of robust future earnings. so why would you guyz start making panic rumours which is not true.
Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by cr8tvt: 4:53pm On Apr 28, 2017
Madlin:

Many thanks "PoliticalWatch" these people do not understand, the bank isnt closing and they are not laying off any staff. Ecobank is one of the Strategic important Banks and they have made full loans provision assuring shareholders of robust future earnings. so why would you guyz start making panic rumours which is not true.

yeah, you are so right, i think Nigerian just like creating panics from every situations. Ecobank is fully in operations and every account is and still be highly intact. Ecobank is working so hard to increase efficiency to make sure that their customers are always happy. Here are some links that shows their future plans for their customers.
http://www.airwavesreport.com/index.php/business/item/789-ecobank-group-sustains-resilience-in-2016-assures-shareholders-of-robust-future-earnings http://www.brandcrunch.com.ng/2017/04/19/ecobank-group-makes-full-loans-provision-promises-robust-future-earnings-shareholders/ and http://dailytimes.ng/business/ecobank-sustains-resilience-2016-makes-full-loans-provision-assures-shareholders-robust-future-earnings/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by coputa(m): 5:00pm On Apr 28, 2017
The bank does not have a strategic expansion policy,they just open branches without due recurse to profit.most of their branches are liabilities to the bank.I saw it coming.
Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by Donchizzy20(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2017
Viking007:
I've been trying to close my accounts with them for 3wks+ now. Them no gree. undecided
just go empty ur account
That's all
Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by 4lorunsho(m): 6:07pm On Apr 28, 2017
this bank needs healing

1 Like

Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by ilsmiling(m): 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2017
Maza maza branch is among, that branch wey nothing dey, every time generator wahala. If gen work no network, if light dey & network dey no money for ATM.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by k9ine(m): 6:27pm On Apr 28, 2017
No way. Job loss will be in the thousands. A branch would have no less than 20 staff both direct and contract.

Mavrick2012:
Shut down 79 branches, ie nothing less than 200 jobs will be lost.
The banking job is really at the receiving end of this government, probably because their are very few hausa fulanis in the sector.
My opinion o, before the sympathizers of this tribes start calling for my head.
Lol
Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by ifeanyi83(m): 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2017
Did they get overwhelmed by acquiring Oceanic bank?

1 Like

Re: Ecobank May Shut Down 70 Branches Nationwide by mikolo80: 1:39am On Apr 30, 2017
Stelvin101:
Jesuuuu! My wife's savings is in Ecobank o. I just hope it's not what I am thinking. Nigeria keeps deteriorating everyday. What's really going on?
una no gree invest in real sector. na so so kalo kalo and mmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Naira: Banks Beef Up Security Against Customers’ Attacks / Dangote To Renovate MKO Abiola Stadium / CBN Introduces Current Account Maintenance Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.