Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,251 members, 7,860,579 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:54 PM

B.EMT Or B.sc Emt...should The Struggle Continue? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / B.EMT Or B.sc Emt...should The Struggle Continue? (247 Views)

UNIZIK Sacks Peter Ekemezie For Forging His B.sc Certificate / Reason For Our Low CGPA - 37 Kano Students Undergoing B.sc Nursing In Egypt / B.EMT Or Bsc.emt, Should The Struggle Continue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

B.EMT Or B.sc Emt...should The Struggle Continue? by lightrays: 11:23am On Apr 28, 2017
So, I have been an ardent reader of the nairaland forum for over six years now, but don’t have an active ID/Moniker. I am addicted to nairaland, the humour, truth and constructive criticisms have helped shaped my thinking and has given me a kind of exposure and versatility in knowledge over time, one that is Lacking in every classroom. Thumbs up to Seun and others.

I am a fifth year student of Environmental management and toxicology in one of our Nigerian Universities, will be graduating as the pioneers of the department in less than four months.
Now here is the issue:
Midway into our program (third year or so), we were told that upon graduation, we would be awarded B.EMT certificate instead of B.Sc EMT, reason been that it’s a five year programme. But recently we received information that we would be awarded the traditional B.sc instead of B.EMT because the department is under the faculty of science.
Now the class is at crossroads and we seem to have questions we can’t find answers to, we don’t know if we should accept the B.sc, or struggle for the earlier promised B.EMT, as there are speculations that the B.EMT is equivalent to a Masters degree. And to seek the opinion of the nairaland family, I have brought this here
Please house, your intelligent answers to the questions below and constructive advice are needed
• What are the advantages of the B.EMT over the B.Sc?
• Should we continue the struggle for B.Emt or drop it and why?
• There is a suggestion that we should write a letter to the VC through all observable protocols requesting that our certificates shouldn’t be prepared until our own faculty has been created, and we can use our transcripts to look for job and do other things. What do you think about this? Do you think we should wait? What are the possible outcomes of the wait?

(1) (Reply)

How To Pass 1Z0-347 Exam In First Attempt / Do You Need A Piano Teacher? / All Interesting Uniport Aspirants [get In Here]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.