Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Your Job Or Your Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Job Or Your Career (319 Views)

Should I Stay With My Job Or Go With This New Job? / Should I Quit My Job Or Not? / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Job Or Your Career by cappon1954: 11:49am On Apr 28, 2017
MAKE A DECISION!

Many of us today are working very hard and have nothing significant to show because we are working outside our personal convictions. Our personal convictions doesn't align with where we work, what we do or what we sell, consequently we are not highly productive.
When you work in an organization with dealings, products or methods you strongly disagree with, you will become psychologically burdened and you can hardly give your best. Even if you want to, psychological fatigue will set in very often and there will be this weight on your conscience, you will never be at your best.

When you labour outside of your conviction, you don’t give your best, you will just be full of activities but never passionate about success or results. As in fact succeeding makes you feel bad and guilty.

As a business owner, be careful the kind of employees you recruit. Ensure your employees like your kind of business and are as passionate about its progress, success and profitability.

When you work in a place where what they do is very much like your inner convictions, you will become very passionate, interested and creative. You will see the business as yours and you’ll do everything to serve and protect the interest of the business. Consequently, your passion and commitment will become evident. Management will notice you, appreciate you and reward you frequently.

If however your personal conviction don’t sync with that of your employers, you will be frustrated, rebellious and irritable. You will be stressed, upset and hope every new strategy and plan will fail. You will hardly be happy and no matter how much you are paid, satisfaction will be far from you.

Career fulfillment and satisfaction is really from within, it’s less how much you are paid, not even about the reputation or prestige of your organization or the work environment, and it’s really from within.

There are some employees working in a small scale organization and they will never wish to leave for a multinational no matter the superiority of the offer. They are happy and fulfilled working in that small place, they are truly enjoying their careers, their inner convictions and where their work align.

In conclusion, your career is very important hence, shouldn’t be endured. Money is not everything. Peace, joy, happiness, satisfaction and sound health are critical needs in life too. Let no employer buy you out of your conviction and true self because of a higher pay, no matter how much you are paid, it will never be enough as money is never enough, so stay in your place of fulfillment and enjoy your career to its fullest. You deserve it, do what you like; don’t sell your true self, stay in your place.

This brief article is directly speaking to me. Although i'm doing some meager paid job to take care of my welfare, but i seriously crave to have a particular skill in my field (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING), thus, i don't really care if i'm being paid or not; i just want to stop this whole theoretical reading of a course (MECHANICAL ENGINEERING) that seriously require hands on training.

All i'm pleading for is for a good Samaritan out there to hook me up with someone that is willing to help me build a career in my field cos at the moment if u ask me "what can u do practically as an engineer, or what's your experience", i can't boldly answer that question cos the fact still remains that i'm just a graduate of MECHANICAL ENGINEERING with no skill in the field, neither do i have experience.

I JUST WANT TO BEGIN TO WORK TOWARDS A BETTER CAREER PATH AS SOON AS NOW!

Thanks

David
cappon4real2003@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Measure The Achievements / 3 Tips For Careful Writers / Human rights abuses: GAW calls for speedy implementation of SBOI reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.