Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Woman Disowns Son For Bobrisky Behaviour - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Woman Disowns Son For Bobrisky Behaviour (388 Views)

Family Disowns Daughter Who Seek To Marry A Lesbian / Bbnaija 2018: Summarised Description Of The 20 Housemates & Behaviour Exhibited / What Bad Public Behaviour Drives You Crazy And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Woman Disowns Son For Bobrisky Behaviour by Aokiji: 1:43pm On Apr 28, 2017
An 18-year-old Morehouse College student named Jauan Durbin is gaining national attention after he posted online a text message conversation that he had with his mother after he posted pics of himself wearing makeup on Instagram.

While speaking with the website MIC.com and he basically indicated that his mum had “disowned” him. Here is what they are reporting:

“Since his mother first discovered the viral tweet, he and his mother, who he’s described as having a rigid sense of gender norms, have not communicated.”

“Durbin has words for those who feel he should have kept this a private matter: “First of all, you’re not in my shoes,” he said. “I’m sorry that you feel that way but I’ve empowered way more people through my actions of posting that.”

“He’s not being hyperbolic. According to Durbin, he has over 200 messages piling up on Twitter of strangers thanking him for being strong, not only for himself but for them.

The outpouring of support, he said, is like a “low-key band-aid” on what he describes as metaphorical “cuts and bruises” from the harsher words some have lobbed at him.”

Here is how his mum responded to the pics:

Re: Woman Disowns Son For Bobrisky Behaviour by Ajewealth123(m): 2:35pm On Apr 28, 2017
Oyinbo and too much grammar.
I trust my mama
He get one time wey I wear my sister skirt come sitting room.SITTING ROOM o no be outside,my mama say shai better Pickin see as the thing fit you.
When night reach,I no sabi say my mama don go collect mallam audu's stick wey he dey use take flog cows.
My mama flog kaduna to Lagos cow madness commot from my body that day.
No be only skirt wearing spirit she flog commot o,when other spirit wey dey my body see as she take flog skirt wearing spirit,come see as all of them pick race commot

(1) (Reply)

Good Samaritan In The House / Why Has Nairaland Become A Forum For Spamming? / Uproar As Northern Elders Forum Backs Arewa Youth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.