Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) (35100 Views)

Zamfara Donates 8.5million Naira To Families Of Fallen Nigerien Soldiers / Anambra Election: Police Warn IPOB, Deploy 26,000 Officers, 15 Gunboats / Navy, Army Deploy Fighter Jets, Gunboats To Warri Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by lailo: 12:25am On Apr 29, 2017
But will give d militants 50 more sophisticated ones.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by ifrosh: 12:30am On Apr 29, 2017
coolreally

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by akigbemaru: 12:57am On Apr 29, 2017
zoba88:
Read more http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/security-of-rivers-waterways-governor.html

Pastors and Imams to bless, the foolishness of Black man!

1 Like

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 1:57am On Apr 29, 2017
Nigerians too mumu i swear. Una to suffer die for that country since una no wan get sense.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by jagbajantus: 4:06am On Apr 29, 2017
babylawyr:
When you say "donated', im confused. Did he buy it with his money for the Nigerian Navy or he used Rivers State funds?

I agree 100% with you.
Same thing I was asking. Did he buy those boats with his own personal money? I doubt it. The thread originator used a very misleading caption.
Back to JOURNALISM 101 class - You cannot use the word "donate" for something purchased with public money or funds from the state coffers and given by one branch of government to another branch. It constitutes an oxymoron to use the word "donate or donates" in this instance.
To give or allocate something purchased with the tax-payers money cannot and should not be ascribed as a "donation" by the governor.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by mathy2p2: 5:03am On Apr 29, 2017
Wetin concern me, o boy come go buy me akara make I shop.

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by petson08(m): 5:28am On Apr 29, 2017
Wike, u are silent about NYSC allowance u promised to pay Corps members at the end of their service year. Pls do something sir.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by keneharry: 5:47am On Apr 29, 2017
Governor WINE :PGovernor WINE
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by keneharry: 5:49am On Apr 29, 2017
jagbajantus:

I agree 100% with you.
Same thing I was asking. Did he buy those boats with his own personal money? I doubt it. The thread originator used a very misleading caption.
Back to JOURNALISM 101 class - You cannot use the word "donate" for something purchased with public money or funds from the state coffers and given by one branch of government to another branch. It constitutes an oxymoron to use the word "donate or donates" in this instance.
To give or allocate something purchased with the tax-payers money cannot and should not be ascribed as a "donation" by the governor.
so wots the correct thing to say?
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by kabawa(m): 6:19am On Apr 29, 2017
Kaimallamm:
Niger Delta navy, this what goodluck Jonathan and obasanjom were fighting for. Niger Delta.
Niger Delta navy

The one year anniversary and others of the Niger Delta will celebrated in future. The next thing is the election of the premier of the Niger Delta and Chad basic region and central region

What is donate.

wike wait for shetimma or Dalong to come and buy for the navy.

Ambode or Ajimobi is coming to donate to the navy in river state.

The only says, you can't buy weapon.

Bros have you eaten today

1 Like

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Mbediogu(m): 7:01am On Apr 29, 2017
NNS WIKE, NNS SUZETTE, NNS IKWERRE, NNS DIOBU, NNS THUG, NNS NMEKA, NNS DIALI, AND NNS RIGGING. Those are great gun boats.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 29, 2017
And Amaechi is there crossing legs.

Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by gentle136(m): 9:30am On Apr 29, 2017
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by gentle136(m): 9:41am On Apr 29, 2017
unclezuma:
Who bought it?
na john obi mike undecided
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 29, 2017
gentle136:
na john obi mike undecided

Captain Obvious strikes again!
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by jbaba272: 10:07am On Apr 29, 2017
Ingratitude reign in the blood of Nigerians, let's learn to appreciate good works and condemn bad works. Most governors had done nothing as promised during all debates/ manifestos even while approaching two years in office. From the presidency to the councillors elected/ appointed politicians can only implement projects with government available fund. Accordingly, our take should be after those States with politicians and Political party portraying selfish greed and misappropriation or diversification of the projects fund. Why do we choose the abusive / condemnation mechanism? when the chips are down all of us are victims of similar selfish attitudes that are being exhibited by most valued leader, however we cease to complain due to our selfish interests and passion for particular candidate / political party.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by dizzodrake(m): 10:39am On Apr 29, 2017
gunboat without guns...
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by emmaelectelect(m): 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
The Only governor blowing official whistle
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by princy80(m): 4:15pm On Apr 29, 2017
Gov. Wine?
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by billyG(m): 4:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
Misleading headline It shld read RIVERS STATE GOVERNMENT DONATE 8 GUN BOATS TO THE NAVY
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by jagbajantus: 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
keneharry:
so wots the correct thing to say?

I think you have missed the "boat" here, my friend. Since you asked me for an explanation, I will give you one. No, I will give you two below.
But first, let's look at the word donate. The word donate typically connotes an act of charitable giving. Therefore, you cannot describe something that you take from Peter and then give to Paul, as a donation.

POINT No 1.
It is like you giving some lunch money to your daughter or buying school books for your son or buying shoes for your father or wiring some Western Union dollars to your mother and then you turn around and describe it as a donation. No, it cannot be a donation. That is the wrong word to use. What kind of donation is that? That's an oxymoron! YOU CANNOT CALL WHAT YOU GIVE TO YOUR OWN FAMILY A DONATION! It is called a GIFT or a PRESENT, not a donation. There is both a real and a subtle difference here. So the heading of the post or article should have been something more like: State Government "gives or gifts 8 boats to the Nigerian Navy" or Governor "approves 8 boats" for the NN, because Government does not donate to Government.

POINT No. 2
Second point but not any less important is this - You cannot "donate" something that is not yours to another person.
Therefore, you cannot call something a "donation" if the governor did not personally buy the boats with his own money.
As far as we know, they used State money to buy the boats, therefore, the Governor did not donate anything to anybody. PERIOD. Kapish?
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
JayJohnson:
FEAR FACTOR!
You claimed Nigerian army is dead, again you quickly ran to buy boat so they don't deal with you! Shege Wike
kwalatai ubanka, haihu wan titi.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
Alaniyiokorausa:
kwalatai ubanka, haihu wan titi.

Baba bura ubaka, danbamsa, yanmiri koi
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
JayJohnson:

Baba bura ubaka, danbamsa, yanmiri koi
durin uwarka, Dan alediya, bayerben banza.
Re: Governor Wine Donates 8 Gunboats To Nigerian Navy Today (Photos) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
Alaniyiokorausa:
durin uwarka, Dan alediya, bayerben banza.

Uwarika banza, ubanka banza, duka a gida nka, buzu
Sanpani lo ma pa gbogbo ile yin, airoju, airaye lo maa de ba gbogno yin, mama ato baba e ma sofo ni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thugs Stop PVC Registration At Lugbe Federal Housing Area, Abuja / The Moment Femi Falana Grilled Obasanjo At The Oputa Panel (Throwback Video) / Senator Omo-Agege's House In Abuja On Fire, 2 Days After Suspension (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.