Stats: 3,150,803 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition (32108 Views)

Adeboye: I Will Build A Church As Big As Ibadan Before I Die / Pastor Jean Pierre-Maywa Beaten By Seventh Day Adventist Church Members In Kenya / Thunder Lightning Strikes At Rwanda Seventh-Day Adventist Church Kills 16 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Ubenedictus(m): 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:
Where is the freedom of religion in Russia? To me I think the Russian orthodox church is behind this ban against other christian denominations in Russia.
Although, it is annoying when people use their religion or belief to disturb others.
You will see some churches using the speakers to constitute nuisance in the street and some mosques aren't left out also.
u may have a point, the Russian Orthodox church is very close to the government.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ubenedictus:
u may have a point, the Russian Orthodox church is very close to the government.
Yes. They are inseparable. Just like trying to separate church of England from the royal family.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Ubenedictus(m): 12:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

Yes. They are inseparable. Just like trying to separate church of England from the royal family.
true and true

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Originalsly: 12:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
Pieromania:
They've banned Jehovah's Witnesses nobody said anything including Seventh Day Adventist now it's their own turn.If the churches in Russia don't stand up to fight this injustice,christianity is as good as gone in that country.
Injustice to one is great Injustice to all.Very soon, u will see other countries adopting same method including Nigeria,this is one of the most trying times for Christians bt prayer Is nt enough, is time to fight
I guess you are not a Christian.... or maybe the non Bible reading type. Should we fight to prevent prophecy from being fulfilled?
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by 3rdavefarms(m): 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
Based on LOGISTIC I can do it but WHO AM I
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by rottennaija(m): 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2017
Pieromania:
They've banned Jehovah's Witnesses nobody said anything including Seventh Day Adventist now it's their own turn.If the churches in Russia don't stand up to fight this injustice,christianity is as good as gone in that country.
Injustice to one is great Injustice to all.Very soon, u will see other countries adopting same method including Nigeria,this is one of the most trying times for Christians bt prayer Is nt enough, is time to fight

What make you think nobody said anything?
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by salam1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
Just few days ago it was reported DAT some Muslims name are banned in China, a lot of people where about it even some useless people r happy about it. The truth remain dis, wen the house of ur neighbor is on fire and u stand without doing nothing VERY SOON IT WILL GET To URS.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by rottennaija(m): 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
mazinoweb:
Russia is not world power. Soon the European court for human rights will put them in order..

The decision of European Court of human right is not binding on sovereign nations, they can chose to obey or disobey.

About 9 or so JWs are still in prison in Eritrea for more than 10 years and the case has gotten to European Court of human rights. Nothing has been done about it.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by adwas00(m): 12:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
I think it pretty simple, about 12 million people says they believe that the church is terrorist-linked who are u to judge here in Nigeria in some corner of the world to say its just about hatred to Christianity?. I heard someone said that's why they legalised gay?? that's the complete opposite gay people are severely frowned at in Russia so don't that mean they are ''godly'' abit as some of you here will want to think? Right and Wrong is only a matter of reason! If they reel the church needs to be banned then so be it there are also several other churches you can switch to, after all we have just one God!

Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by YTderin(f): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

Haha... this your point weak me. You mean gospel has turn to marketing.
Abeg, you get another definition??
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 1:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
YTderin:
Abeg, you get another definition??
Lol. I no get. Don't let the religious bigot come after you. Lastly, you are beautiful.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by DonBenny77(m): 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
Jehovah's witnesses are extremists though the funny thing is that even some of their members don't know it.

if you have doubts just google.... Laws of jehovahs witness

you will marvel

they believe if u are not one of them you are an unbeliever

their rules are man made

they are like a fraternity
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by MOSICATED5(m): 2:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:
Where is the freedom of religion in Russia? To me I think the Russian orthodox church is behind this ban against other christian denominations in Russia.
Although, it is annoying when people use their religion or belief to disturb others.
You will see some churches using the speakers to constitute nuisance in the street and some mosques aren't left out also.
no one disturbs anyone with loud speakers in Europe. The Russian government are against sharing of free Christian literature. Which in my opinion I don't see as wrong. If someone knocks at ur door to drop a Christian magazine its ur choice to accept it or not
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by MOSICATED5(m): 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
As seventh- day Adventist we have always be taught to prepare for religious persecution. This will only help to strengthen the faith of the brethren in Russia. What is wrong is someone giving u a Free religious literature. How is that extremism ?
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
MOSICATED5:
no one disturbs anyone with loud speakers in Europe. The Russian government are against sharing of free Christian literature. Which in my opinion I don't see as wrong. If someone knocks at ur door to drop a Christian magazine its ur choice to accept it or not
It is still disturbance. There is no compulsion in religion.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by lacosanostra: 2:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

But please where is the compulsion in offering u a religious literature, u are being offered and not being forced to receive it o, same as giving out movie,campaign fliers
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by excanny: 3:00pm On Apr 30, 2017
MOSICATED5:
As seventh- day Adventist we have always be taught to prepare for religious persecution. This will only help to strengthen the faith of the brethren in Russia. What is wrong is someone giving u a Free religious literature. How is that extremism ?

Such literatures should be placed in front of the Church building. Anyone interested in them can go there to pick them, not stopping people on the roads to take them. Thats harrassment and a public nuisance.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Jascon4: 3:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:

There is no compulsion in offering you a literature. You have the option to accept or reject, no one would force it on you.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by lacosanostra: 3:13pm On Apr 30, 2017
excanny:

Such literatures should be placed in front of the Church building. Anyone interested in them can go there to pick them, not stopping people on the roads to take them. Thats harrassment and a public nuisance.

let me ask u, if u stopped on the way to receive a campaign or donation flier is that also harassment and public nuisance?
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by paulpery: 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2017
This is an attack on fundamental human rights by the state and it principal state backed and approved religion, the orthodox church. The state religion has its belief which might not be acceptable to other religions. Hence they, want to crush other religions who do not share their believes. Why does Russia think the orthodox church believes and teaching is the truth, and should be acceptable to all. This is outright abuse of freedom of expression and religion. This is just a tip of the iceberg , more to follow. Let's watch out the next religion to face ban. The world is watching.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by excanny: 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
lacosanostra:

let me ask u, if u stopped on the way to receive a campaign or donation flier is that also harassment and public nuisance?

If by my own volition, no. But if some random stranger stopped me on my way to give me fliers, yes, its a public nuisance.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by lacosanostra: 3:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

If christianity were true, why would evangelism even be necessary? God could just beam the knowledge of christianity directly into everyone's heads, or at very least talk to them like he talked to Paul or the prophets. Hell, instead of running off to heaven and never being seen again, the risen Jesus could just travel the world proclaiming the truth of his resurrection and performing miracles to prove it. It's not like he has anything better to do.

Why would an all powerful god need flawed, ignorant humans to communicate his message, especially when that message is the most important thing a human being could possibly know?

why I don't do online discussions/arguments particularly is because people just want to air their opinion only, They don't care about a better argument or something new, but still let me do this.

The Christian (don't speak for all sha) response will be if God does all these things, then what would be the use of humanity, in extension all our discoveries,inventions, achievements would not be possible. We'll just be an over-pampered race and I think even we will hate this kind of boring existence , we'll not even be robots, we'll just sit all day long waiting for another divine revelation. This in turn will rubbish the belief of being created in God's image and likeness
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by lacosanostra: 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
excanny:

If by my own volition, no. But if some random stranger stopped me on my way to give me fliers, yes, its a public nuisance.

I don't think even the law agrees with u on this, ur volition can only come into play when you've been offered, only then can u decide to accept it or not. Harassment will be after rejecting it, its still tucked into ur pocket
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by chrisav: 3:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

If christianity were true, why would evangelism even be necessary? God could just beam the knowledge of christianity directly into everyone's heads, or at very least talk to them like he talked to Paul or the prophets. Hell, instead of running off to heaven and never being seen again, the risen Jesus could just travel the world proclaiming the truth of his resurrection and performing miracles to prove it. It's not like he has anything better to do.

Why would an all powerful god need flawed, ignorant humans to communicate his message, especially when that message is the most important thing a human being could possibly know?

God is love. yes He is Almighty but love doesn't force itself on others. Love is gentle, kind and considerate. learn more about Gods nature least you misunderstand Him and mistake Him for Satan who is wicked and forces himself on others.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by chrisav: 3:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
ojimbo:
Great move by Russia
If i become even common Governor of a state in Nigeria. I will ban chruch amd mosque activities on the streets.
Ban the use of loud speakers in mosques and churches
Regulates religious activities and if any one found guilty of hate preach. It will 5 years in prison.
You would not be the first to walk in this path of death. why not find out the fate of several others who had walked through this road.
Upon this rock I would build my church.....
Jesus loves the world. He came to seek and save all who dare to believe!
good day
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by proudlyYoruba(m): 3:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

what has your Pathetic excuse of a god you call Yahweh done about Saudi Arabia? where there are no churches and you can't bring 3 bibles into the country at once? where Christians seen preaching are killed?

he's done absolutely nothing about that but here you are thinking what Russia is doing is new lol

another nonsense I saw is the below post

that explains why they legalised gay marriage
you sound like an atheist. Just trying to confirm
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by hero2000: 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
Evil everywhere!
You turn to US, you see LGBT oppression.
In Arabian axis, they hate Jesus Christ.
Russia is becoming more and more intolerant!(What crimes or terrorism have been traced to JW and 7th day Adventists?)
In Africa it is corruption, violence, oppression, etc.

The saints of God will soon leave this earth for the evil people to do as they wish. After we have left, you(the ungodly) will totally mess up society. There will more and more evil.

After you have messed up the earth, the Lord will come in judgement.
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by hopefulLandlord: 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
you sound like an atheist. Just trying to confirm

yes bro
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by hopefulLandlord: 4:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
chrisav:

God is love. yes He is Almighty but love doesn't force itself on others. Love is gentle, kind and considerate. learn more about Gods nature least you misunderstand Him and mistake Him for Satan who is wicked and forces himself on others.

but he apparently "forced himself on" Paul......
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by Lewandoski20(m): 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I wont be surprised if you ended up like other atheists like you..
Cc: Marilyn Monroe
Cc: Marvin Gaye

Good luck to your foolishness!
Re: Russia Considers A Ban On Adventist Church As Over 12Million Sign Petition by hopefulLandlord: 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
Lewandoski20:

I wont be surprised if you ended up like other atheists like you..
Cc: Marilyn Monroe
Cc: Marvin Gaye

you can also end up like other Christians like you

Cc: Myles Munroe

Cc: Bimbo Odukoya

How To Persevere In Trials (Part 2) — Pastor W.F. Kumuyi / The Habit Of Remembering Sex Scene While Praying / Pope Francis Kisses And Blesses Nigerian Boy Who Went Missing In Rome. Photos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53