Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread - Education (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread (172075 Views)

2018/2019 UNILAG Postgraduate Discussion Thread / 2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / 2017/2018 University of Ibadan(UI) Postgraduate Forms Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Tabitha03(f): 12:04pm On Jul 26, 2018
Please add me the Whatsapp group
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by faroukalabi: 8:57am On Jul 28, 2018
LadyMachisio:
Please I would like to be added to the WhatsApp group. 08039587875. Thanks.

Good morning, please do we need the 3 referees to be our former lecturers or just 1 of them??
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by faroukalabi: 8:58am On Jul 28, 2018
Tabitha03:
Please add me the Watsapp group 08037907953. Thanks

Good morning, please does the 3 referees have to be one's former lecturer or just 1 of them?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by EmmanuelCena(m): 9:33am On Jul 28, 2018
lanrywatt:

Hello
I was just going through my portal and I realised there is an error in my
1)
date of birth (I still don't know how that is because I triple checked before I submitted

2) Course of study.
Chose Plant SCIENCE & Biotechnology in stead of Plant BIOLOGY AND Biotechnology
(I actually got to discover there was actually plant BIOLOGY ON THE Ui website. I thought they replaced plant BIOLOGY with plant SCIENCE)

3)
MAIDEN name.
I shouldn't have filled in that but I mistakenly filled one of my names not on my certificates.

I tried to MODIFY DATE but it appears that options is gone.
I can see just the options for
Application form, eligibility for, transcript request, acceptance form, etc

I would like to know if these errors could be corrected during the clearance process or there a way to go about it

Thanks
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lanrywatt(m): 11:17am On Jul 28, 2018
EmmanuelCena:

Hello
I was just going through my portal and I realised there is an error in my
1)
date of birth (I still don't know how that is because I triple checked before I submitted

2) Course of study.
Chose Plant SCIENCE & Biotechnology in stead of Plant BIOLOGY AND Biotechnology
(I actually got to discover there was actually plant BIOLOGY ON THE Ui website. I thought they replaced plant BIOLOGY with plant SCIENCE)

3)
MAIDEN name.
I shouldn't have filled in that but I mistakenly filled one of my names not on my certificates.

I tried to MODIFY DATE but it appears that options is gone.
I can see just the options for
Application form, eligibility for, transcript request, acceptance form, etc

I would like to know if these errors could be corrected during the clearance process or there a way to go about it

Thanks

Sup
Question 1 and 2 can be corrected
U can modify or correct them with 1000
But number 3.. U can't change your name , it was stated boldly on the registration page.
U can do an affidavit or change of name to back it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by EmmanuelCena(m): 11:49am On Jul 28, 2018
lanrywatt:

Sup
Question 1 and 2 can be corrected
U can modify or correct them with 1000
But number 3.. U can't change your name , it was stated boldly on the registration page.
U can do an affidavit or change of name to back it up

Thanks.
The thing is the MODIFY option, via which I would change it isn't showing on the portal any longer. It used to be visible, but isn't again
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lanrywatt(m): 9:38am On Jul 30, 2018
EmmanuelCena:

Thanks.
The thing is the MODIFY option, via which I would change it isn't showing on the portal any longer. It used to be visible, but isn't again
Don't stress yourself much , it will be available soon
Even after Ept people will still modify data
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by StanUc(m): 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
Greetings!
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by popino(m): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello oo everyone
Pls I'm applying for the School of business MBA. Anyone on this line or if you know anyone please say hello. I really need company! ! thanks Whatsapp 08184873155. email philipireoluwa@gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by popino(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2018
AAJ50:
Please anyone with samples of the proficiency test question? Please do send it to me alaojoshua200@gmail.com or maybe you can share it as a document via whatsapp to - 07089495315 . Many thanks.

please anyone help
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Femiblack05: 4:54pm On Aug 07, 2018
Check my signature for your academic textbooks from all specializations today
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Mikechillz: 8:42am On Aug 08, 2018
Please admin add me the Watsapp group 08118691706. Thanks
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by hismail1(m): 11:30am On Aug 08, 2018
Good morning, is the form still available for purchase?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by slimtom1994: 4:30pm On Aug 27, 2018
Please i heard that if you don't lock uo your courses today, you can kiss admission goodbye. Is it true?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by slimtom1994: 6:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
Exam time table is out o
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by JulianaCedar: 9:58am On Sep 06, 2018
Please admin add me to the WhatsApp group with this number.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by JulianaCedar: 10:01am On Sep 06, 2018
Please admin add me to the WhatsApp group with this number.08167244086
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Raylight2(m): 7:08am On Sep 07, 2018
slimtom1994:
Exam time table is out o
u serious?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by fishguide(m): 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
Reach out for your research work.

No Plagiarism plus In-depth research analysis

contact in my BIO
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Abiestomi: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2018
Good evening all. Please, anyone with public health past questions?
If there's a group chat, I'll like to be added. 08168955514
Thanks!
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by idris01(m): 10:08pm On Feb 22, 2019
Add me to the WhatsApp group with this number.08026248258
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by cmtprof(m): 10:43pm On Feb 25, 2019
Please note that only those who scored 30 and above at the Postgraduate School English Proficiency Test are eligible for the screening exercise. You are required to bring along the following: (1) Print-out of your English Proficiency Score
(2) Writing materials

This is to inform you that the Institute for Peace and Strategic Studies (IPSS), University of Ibadan's postgraduate admissions Screening Test is now scheduled as follows:

DATE: Saturday, 2 March, 2019
VENUE: Institute for Peace and Strategic Studies (IPSS), No. 9 Parry Road, University of Ibadan.
TIME: 9: 00am.

Thank you.
Chinyere Alawode (Mrs.)
Secretary to the Institute,
Institute for Peace and Strategic Studies,
University of Ibadan,
Ibadan, Nigeria
Tel: +2348030659292
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by devlishGINGER(m): 6:33am On Mar 23, 2019
Am considering going for my masters too
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by slimtom1994: 9:34pm On Apr 03, 2019
I heard pg exam is starting next week. Is that true?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by pdfoffceadm: 6:43am On Jun 19, 2019
angry
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by Prechy95: 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
Please.. Are you in Pg Pharmacology department?
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by sharliz(f): 12:06am On Jun 23, 2019
Prechy95:
Please.. Are you in Pg Pharmacology department?
send me a message on olumidefeyi@gmail.com
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 11:28pm On Aug 07, 2019
From N59,400 to N78,400 (Sociology M.Sc second/final school fees for 2017/18 Set). Is this the "half" they initially informed us last year that we would pay? I am not a Mathematician but my calculation reveals that this amount is MORE than half of our original school fees of N132,200 (excluding the Acceptance Fee of N20,400) we paid last year.

Returning Sociology PhD students are to pay N98,700 as second fee, while the fresh PhD students in the same Department are to pay N142,400 (excluding Acceptance Fee).

E no easy ay!!! If U no get PLENTY moni, no go school especially if na Postgraduate mata!
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by lilliesboy(m): 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2019
This BIAS, particularly against postgraduate students coming from OTHER (African) universities and/or NON-Yoruba has been going on for MANY years in the University of Ibadan, Nigeria. They only PRETEND about it. If you ask (postgraduate) students/graduates of the University of Ibadan that came from OTHER universities, many of them will confirm what I am telling you.

One major and popular thing they use in identifying and differentiating THEIR own University of Ibadan alumni/first degree holders from OUTSIDE or NON-University of Ibadan graduates is the MATRICULATION NUMBER: all THEIR Unibadan products carry Matric Numbers that begins with number "1," while OUTSIDERS or non-Unibadan (postgraduate) students carry Matric Numbers that begin with "2". Once lecturers/staff see a student's Matriculation Number that begins with "2," they QUICKLY hold a stupid BIAS against the student and begin to NEGATIVELY judge their intelligence/academic performance based on that.

Records have shown that many Nigerian postgraduate students who came from OTHER universities had OFTEN outshine their so-called ONLY "best/brilliant" University of Ibadan alumni/products academically and otherwise. Thus, many lecturers and non-academic staff feel insulted and threatened like they are not good lecturers since it invariably means so if their students are not better than those coming from other universities or NON-Yoruba ethnic group. To justify this, they OFTEN score non-Unibadan or OUTSIDE students very LOW in exams but give their (dull) students/alumni BETTER (unmerited) grades and advantage. They also complement this injustice and systemic corruption by ALWAYS talking DOWN on non-Unibadan graduates or making a caricature of them in comparison to their own (dull) students in order to DEMORALIZE them (OUTSIDE students/NON-Yoruba) by making them feel TIMID or like they do not know anything and never merited their (first) good degrees. This is clearly a form of PSYCHOLOGICAL warfare and should be punished if Nigeria was an advanced society with a high rule of law.

These systemic corruption and injustice are the MAIN reasons why so MANY (Yoruba) students in this part of the country, most of them DUNES, are awarded Ph.D, made professors, SAN etc., than the rest region of the country. It is because they are in CONTROL of the (educational) system, NOT because they are the most intelligent. I tell you, SO MANY of them with Ph.D. and Professorial degrees/tiles know very little or NOTHING compared to those in the Niger Delta and other areas. I and others who have lived here KNOW what we are talking about. Na DASH dem dey DASH many of dere pipul here wit dos (UNMERITED) degrees and awards.

Imagine "postgraduate" students who cannot speak neither write a simple good sentence; some of them in class even talk in YORUBA when presenting seminar paper since they cannot speak in simple English. Their papers are full of many grammatical blunders and misspellings; I and others even help them to edit their works. Yet, whenever results comes out these set of (Yoruba) students ALWAYS score HIGHER - 60% and above, than many of us who are NON-Yoruba and/or NON-University of Ibadan alumni. So much injustice, corruption and so-called tribalism here. Hypocrisy of the highest order!

I will NEVER relent concerning those poor seven (7) results! Let them do their usual gang up and manipulation to subvert justice and cover up their evil tracks; I will not relent. This matter may go very FAR if they do not do the right thing! Those are NOT my real scores and can NEVER be!
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by eminencetoba: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2019
Hello guys, should you know anyone who teaches the following subjects:
•Phonics
•French
•Technical Drawing
•Fine Arts
•ICT
• Music
• Yoruba
• PHE
•Arts, Commerce and Science subjects

Locations
•Lagos, Ibadan and Ogun

Renumeration:
Attractive payment.

Tell them to visit www.syllaboss.com.ng/teacher.php to submit their CV.
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by AquilaSeun: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2019
Please what is the address to submit the transcript
Angie20:
Hello guys.. Please add my friend to the whatApp group

0703 225 5004

Thank you.

I got admitted last year, and will soon be rounding up.
I want to encourage everyone here. By God's grace, you will get admitted too.
A little advice though.. study that EPT past questions VERY WELL. EPT has a cut-off mark. And it is quite technical. So it requires diligent study.

Secondly, if you couldn't attach your transcript label to your transcript online, then you will have to come down to UI/PG school to attach your label when your transcript arrives. If you have someone here, the person can also do it for you. Your transcript won't be attended to if it doesn't have the transcript label.

Finally, try to find out if your department conducts a second test after the EPT. If it does, then you should start revising your undergraduate notes and textbooks. Some departments can be very competitive because of the large number of applicants. So, start reading to step up your game.

Sorry, one last thing.. if you're using your phone to register and it's giving you error page, please drop the phone and visit the cyber cafe with your documents to finish up your registration before the deadline.
After payment, wait for an hour, then go back online to continue your application by clicking on "existing applicant." Don't wait for any confirmation link. There is no link. Just wait for an hour.

Success guys! �
Ehen.. don't forget to add my friend.
Imela
Re: 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread by RhemaRealEstate: 10:52am On Jul 17, 2021
FOR STUDENTS, CORPERS, WORKING CLASS, AND FAMILIES WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING PROPERTIES FOR RENT WITHIN IBADAN CITY

} A Room Self Contain at Agbowo
} A Room and a Parlour Self Contain at Agbowo
NB: The Properties above are located at a work distance to University of Ibadan gate.

} A Room Self Contain at Agbowo
} A Room and a Parlour Self Contain at Ajibode
} A Room and a Parlour Self Contain at Lanniba after Ajibode
} A Room and a Parlour Self Contain at Orogun
} A Room Self Contain at Ojoo
} A Room and a Parlour at Ojoo

} 3 Bed room flat at Agbowo
} 3 Bed room flat at Orogun
} 3 Bed room flat at Bodija
} 3 Bed room flat at Ajibode
} 3 Bed room flat at Old Airport, Samonda GRA
} 2 Bed room flat at Old Airport, Samonda GRA
} 2 Bed room flat at New Airport Area, Alakia
} 4 Bed room flat at New Airport Area, Alakia

} 5 Bed Room Duplex at Old Airport, Samonda GRA
} 5 Bed Room Duplex at Bodija

SHOPs and OFFICE SPACE:
} A shop at Orogun
} A Shop at Sango
} A Shop at Agbowo
} A Shop at Bodija
} Office Space at Sango
} Office Space at Bodija
} Office Space at Samonda Area

For Details and Enquiries Call or Chat: 08134447305

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (Reply)

Nddc Postgraduate Scholarship 2014 / Newsflash: ASUU Strike Has Been Suspended! / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.