Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,452 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

How To Get Old Data Volume Before Expiration/exhaustion Of Subscription On Glo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Get Old Data Volume Before Expiration/exhaustion Of Subscription On Glo (1809 Views)

Understanding Glo Subscription (expiration, Active, Paused Status) / Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / Glo Reduces Data Volume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Old Data Volume Before Expiration/exhaustion Of Subscription On Glo by temitofa(m): 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
Glo's 3G and 4G data plan has been the best data subscription in terms of volume and may be speed for some locations.

However, for me or even many of its subscribers, the volumes appears to have been a source of consolation or reason for even staying on the network. In summary, the data volume compliments the speed.

Glo seems to be slowest and most inconsistent among the big four Telecommunication providers, virtually in almost all its services ranging from fluctuation experienced in network coverage (its 3G or 4G network services can leave your phone for days and reappears at its own convenient time), data services - you have a strong 3G network but still unable to surf with it.

Also, reaching Glo customer care with a regular line can take up to 24 hours get across an agent (if your phone battery is like that of car battery).

Yet, they have dissappointed most of their subscribers by reducing their data volume. Yes, the new plan is like that of others, for example; MTN's N1,000 will fetch you 1.5GB, same goes to Airtel, except for the stingy Etisalat that gives you 1GB for that amount. Though Etisalat speed is like no other in most locations across the country.

Aforetime, Glo subscribers could get its 'Always Micro' plan at the rate of N1,000, which was 3.2 GB, valid for 30 days, N5,000 will fetch them 24GB before.

Now, all the plans have been sliced to half of what you get few days ago, N1,000 can only get you 1.6GB and same goes for others.

Take on the new Glo Data Volumes: 3G and 4G

Like I said before, it's still not a bad offer, just that we are used to that wonderful volume. The question is, will Glo work on its snail-like speed or will still supply the less wine with same old and dirty bottles.
Remember, MTN and Airtel are not that bad in terms of speed and now have almost the same data volume as Glo. For Etisalat, I can still sacrifice speed for volume, afterall, its just 500MB or I add extra N200 to my N1K to get same 1.5GB.

Well, my romance with Glo 3G data is over now.

On Glo 4G plan, its like browsing inside a good freezer position a hot apartment. Reason for saying that, its very fast but very small volume, you cannot stay there forever or open your fridge for long in order to let out little coolness to your hot room.

Glo 4G would have tempted me to stay on the network but I will need to travel the whole Nigeria or round the globe to get a smartphone that support its 4G LTE network. You see trouble!

Looking beyond my opinion now, will Glo be able to stand its competitors in terms of price? May be they will improve their network, actually, that has been our song from the first day of Glo commenced it operation in Nigeria.

Let's wait and see.

Glo diplomatic approach: Auto-renewal of old Glo data plan will get subscribers the old volumes

Glo's latest official statements via its twitter handle diplomatically refutes the claim of downward review of its data volumes.

Glo insisted that customers will still get the old bundle volumes if they auto-renew or re-subscribe their current plan within 3 days of expiration or exhaustion.

What do you think? Glo playing with words.

It simply means, if you exhaust your plan or the old plan expires, you will get the newly reduced data volume but if you re-subscribe within the 3 days of notification of data exhaustion or expiration, you will still be able to get your old data volume.

http://www.tellforceblog.com/2017/04/how-to-get-glo-old-data-volume-before.html

Re: How To Get Old Data Volume Before Expiration/exhaustion Of Subscription On Glo by Sojebrand(m): 4:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
Okay
Re: How To Get Old Data Volume Before Expiration/exhaustion Of Subscription On Glo by Segadem(m): 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
what I need to know it's in the last paragraph of your epistle grin

1 Like

Re: How To Get Old Data Volume Before Expiration/exhaustion Of Subscription On Glo by afeezzezo: 10:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
Babs na lie.. I jus sub

(1) (Reply)

. / Samsung S4 15k (sold) / Sorry, But A Hole-punch Display Isn’t Any Better Than A Notch Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.