Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Chapter 2: Did You Hear? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chapter 2: Did You Hear? (228 Views)

Did You Notice Some Guys Who Play Instruments In Church Don't Give Offering? / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? / Guard Your Eyes And Ears; You Are A Product Of What You Hear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chapter 2: Did You Hear? by Seyibabalola(m): 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2017
Chapter 2: Have you exercised faith many times but no results?
DID YOU HEAR?
You can continue to fail as long as you do not hear before you take actions. There is no size of faith that can work, if you don't, first, have a word from God to go into that business, that career, that marriage or whatever. Faith is not independent. You must hear for your faith to work. Bible says "faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God"-Rom.10:17. If you move ahead to take that action without hearing from God that you should, your acclaimed faith will not work, no matter your anointing or the size of the faith. Faith is product of hearing as child is product of mother. If there is a child who does not come through this natural way of procreation, there is a problem. The same problem when you exercise faith in taking some steps or decisions of life without hearing, i mean hearing the word of God that says "go ahead", "yes", "you can", "i will give it to you". Even Jesus, who was not conceived by human mating, came through a mother.
A friend of mine some years ago had a serious headache. I have never prayed for any sick before. I have never healed any sick before. But on this day, I heard from my inside "Yes", after consulting the Holy Spirit in me, "Can I perform a miracle here?". The Holy Spirit told me to go home and take my anointing oil and pull off the shirt on my body, give him a shot of the oil, pour little on his head, cover his head with the cloth and pray for him. I did these and the headache left that day. A week later, my friend got a call about the death of a family relative, a man. I prayed for him on a Saturday, the man died on the next Saturday. The Holy Spirit confirmed that the death was shifted from my friend to the man. Why this story? There is power of potency in your faith, if you hear from God to do it.
"...and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?"-Rom.10:14. Many times, before David would go into battle, he would, first, consult God if he should go and if God would give him victory. It is not every sick people around you that you will heal, it is not every dead people in the world you will raise up. There are sick and dead people you have been assigned to from God. You won't be led by God to everybody. Jesus did not raise every dead body when he was on earth. It's not every place you should go and preach on the platform of faith. It is not every business or career or relationship your faith will make it work. I mean not to say that your faith cannot work everywhere, neither do I disagree that there is nothing faith cannot do. My point, rather, is that you are not called to be everywhere. Some things are not just given to you to do by God Faith is not something you just start doing. It must be acted on a word from God.
If you have exercised faith many times but no results, prove your hearing. The problem might lie there. That is the message.
- Michael Seyi Babalola

(1) (Reply)

Losses Overcome / RAMADAN SAGA!!! (specially For All Muslims)a Must Watch Comedy / Obeying God May Seem Illogical And Prove To Be Costly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.