Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser (34660 Views)

$43m Found In Lagos Home Not Mine, Says Amaechi / Femi Fani-Kayode: "Rotimi Amaechi Owns The $43m Found In Ikoyi Flat" / National Intelligence Agency Claim Ownership Of $43M Found By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by FriendNG: 7:04pm On Apr 29, 2017
Suspended National Intelligence Agency Boss Oke Hid Controversial $43M Cash Found In Lagos Apartment From Both Buhari And National Security Adviser

Details of how the embattled Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency hid the $43m found recently at a private apartment on Osborne Street, Ikoyi, Lagos, from both the President and the National Security Adviser are emerging just as the Presidential Committee set up to investigate the matter and certain financial allegations against the suspended Secretary to the Government of the Federation gets on its final stretch.

While Mr. Ayo Oke, the suspended DG of the NIA is widely reported to have claimed that the current National Security Adviser General Babagana Munguno is aware of the existence of the money, authoritative government sources said last night that what actually happened "is significantly different from that claim."

An official source who pleaded for anonymity explained that in the first instance, Oke did not brief the NSA at all about the existence of such funds-$289M- or the projects they were meant for when the Buhari administration took office in May 2015, even though the money had been released in March the same year.

The NSA office, it was learnt, only got its first knowledge of the existence of such funds during the work of the presidential committee that audited the Defense Equipment Procurement in the Armed Forces. The Committee had observed certain payments from the CBN to the NIA and raised questions drawing the attention of the NSA.

When the suspended DG of the NIA discovered that that Committee was raising questions and to forestall the NSA from "blowing the cover," he then gave his first report to the NSA on the existence of such funds and warned that the Committee's job does not cover the activities or the spendings of the NIA.

A top government source narrated thus:

"The Presidential Committee on Audit of Defense Equipment Procurement, in the course of its assignment came across information that the NIA received a huge sum of money in early 2015 from the former President. Based on this the NSA carried out a preliminary investigation during which the NIA claimed the money was released for some projects aimed at commencing the Agency's 30th anniversary.This was in January 2017."

The source added that subsequently, "a team was constituted" to ascertain the situation. The first suspicion of a potential abuse was noticed at this stage, according to sources, especially considering the amount of money involved and the purposes stated.

"This was how the NSA and the Presidency learnt of the existence of such funds. We were not told by anyone in NIA until the Committee saw something, and raised a red flag,” the sources noted.

However, when the embattled NIA top spy was now compelled to explain what was happening, "he still did not inform anyone in the Federal Government or presidency that he kept $43m of the said funds in cash at a private apartment anywhere in Lagos or any part of the country," it was added.

A top official in the know observed "this is the issue: the NSA was not told that NIA had this lump cash stashed away in the place it was eventually discovered by EFCC. In any case, extant rules are clear that such monies ought only to be placed in the NIA headquarters or in CBN vaults.”

There are also instances where CBN actually paid out some of the funds directly to some NIA contractors, raising questions why the suspended NIA needed to put aside such huge cash in a private apartment.

It was also learned that the projects for which the former President approved the funds totaling $289m included two in Lagos whose cost were put at about $28m, which is way less than the $43m cash found in the Ikoyi apartment. Sources explained further that as at January this year, funds for the Lagos projects had actually been released to the tune of $18m, meaning only about $10m was left to be paid four months ago before $43m was found in the Lagos apartment recently.

Said one official source: "So let us even assume that the NIA DG wanted to keep funds in Lagos for the Lagos based projects, he did not need that much for the total of the Lagos projects at all. And apart from that it is completely untenable to stash away agency money in a private apartment instead of keeping it with the CBN or inside the NIA head office where the money would be well-secured and its disbursement well protected. "

http://saharareporters.com/2017/04/29/suspended-national-intelligence-agency-boss-oke-hid-controversial-43m-cash-found-lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Mophasa(m): 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Oke is a criminal and deserves to be hanged by the balls

Between we don't need the federal government or efcc to tell us the owners of the bastard money found in ikoyi since we already know the truth

Only the gullible ones will buy whatever concocted story the lying Apc led federal government will spew out

Meanwhile the vegetable is still in ghost mode sad

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by onlyhandsome202: 7:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
even d insider will later come out to deny it....this government denial tactics has made us to look well before u believe dia news

7 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by FriendNG: 7:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
God Bless Ibrahim Magu and his Boss Muhammadu Buhari

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Aufbauh(m): 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2017
The NIA DG is a hardened crook and shouldn't be let off lightly. He should be scapegoat for others to do due diligence when serving in such sensitive position.

Two salient questions that I might like to ask is this:

I. Why did it took him so long (8 months) to brief the NSA if actually he did brief the later?

Ii. Why did he deemed it unnecessary to brief the C-in-C after more than 2 years of a supposedly covert operations, even if the NSA fails to step up?

All I know there is a grand conspiracy somewhere spearheaded by the DG to cover up the cash.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Mekus68: 7:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
As long as the suspended NIA chief is a Northerner, he will go scot free.

After all Fulani herdsmen that are doing the worst by sending people to the world beyond across the country, who has picked any of them.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by gberra: 8:06pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mekus68:

After all Fulani herdsmen that are doing the worst by sending people to the world beyond across the country, who has picked any of them.
Igbos are fools

95 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by greenermodels: 8:10pm On Apr 29, 2017
i didn't even bother reading the article when an earlier thread have told us he has been cleared by the vice president led committee.(in fela voice) this government propaganda na confusion break bone. God bless Biafra.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by greenermodels: 8:11pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mekus68:

the Guy is a Yoruba man.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by doctokwus: 8:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
Aufbauh:

Two salient questions that I might like to ask is this:

I. Why did it took him so long (8 months) to brief the NSA if actually he did brief the later?

Ii. Why did he deemed it unnecessary to brief the C-in-C after more than 2 years of a supposedly covert operations, even if the NSA fails to step up?

All I know there is a grand conspiracy somewhere spearheaded by the DG to cover up the cash.
Oga Pls!
@topic,that DG is a criminal and shud be charged with treasonable felony for concealing an amount of money capable of overthrowing a govt.

11 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by danot1030: 8:47pm On Apr 29, 2017
We know the NIA boss is a thief, he connived with his wife to steal the money.

Meanwhile, we need details of how the remaining of the $289m was spent.

This is another case exposing the corruption, ineffectiveness, impunity and the classlessness of the mumu hero, the empty head phd.

30 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by onatisi(m): 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2017
So the dg kept NIA cash in amaechi flat ,abi?and there was no where else he could have keot the money? Well done Make dem continue. We go lie to ourselves till jesus comes

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Lusola15: 9:05pm On Apr 29, 2017
Story story ooo

That money belongs to a former Governor, we know

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Nukualofa: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
Investigation is still going on by the VP and APC propaganda machine is on hard drive to sell us "A Source"

I'm not buying that crap until we hear the details because this news is to keep zombies and BMC happy that Smeagol is alive and active

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by GavelSlam: 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
Jonathan's leftover elections funds.

That man is a common criminal.

He should be shot.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by smartty68(m): 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
From what I could deduce, the NSA actually blew the whistle...

But this Oke get mind o lipsrsealed

Infact, I don't know what to believe anymore concerning this Osborne Tower discovery

2 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by brainpulse: 9:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
Where is Wike who knew that the money was stolen by the devil of corruption Goatluck Jomadaft and in bid to cover up, threw it on Ameachi. The wailers and iPod zombies just absorbed the wikes tales without thinking, because of their hatred for Ameachi even when NIA boss came out to claim the monies.

30 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Splashme: 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
ffg
Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Splashme: 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
hjh
Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by sotall(m): 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
I thought they said the money belongs to Amaechi......

Amaechi should come and claim his money......that money is not bastard money.

2 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Laple0541(m): 9:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
New day new drama, na God go punish all of unna.

1 Like

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Lilaex: 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
cool[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by AngelicBeing: 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
Useless government angry sad angry

2 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by NaijaFutbol: 9:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
Where is liar Mohammed when you need him

5 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by sankky: 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
Government Magic.........in Fela's evergreen voice

2 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Lucasbalo(m): 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
When will Nigeria ever get it right. A nation can't develop under these kind of conditions. The youths should rise up against these kleptomaniacs and their proxies if not Nigeria is forever doomed. The future of Nigeria has been mortgaged to the tilt. When is enough is enough ?.

7 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
media propaganda to deceive is about the true owner of the money.never believe all u read on media, they tell u what u want to believe .

as for me, all this cookery dont add up one bit!!

telling more lies to cover up lies

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Nutase: 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
The real owner of that money is still roaming the street with sirens and police guards.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by qualityovenbake(m): 9:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
The committee should also investigate on how the remaining 246 million dollars was spent. We have recovered 43 million dollar out from 289 million.

3 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
We all know what the money was originally released for: Jonathan's slush fund. The DG NIA smartly diverted the funds for his own future use once it became forgotten about. Unfortunately for him, someone remembered grin

11 Likes

Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
hmmm..
Re: Suspended N.I.A Boss Hid $43M Found In Lagos From Buhari & Security Adviser by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
He probably wanted to loot the cash and blame it on GEJ

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi, Akpabio, Melaye, Ben Murray-Bruce Hangout At Event (Photos) / Atiku Vs Buhari, Who Is Likely To Win South West? / Ayo Fayose Reacts To Ekweremadu’s Attack In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.