Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 (9444 Views)

FIRS Generates N66bn From Stamp Duties In 5 Months / FIRS Generates N2trn In 7 Months / Tony Elumelu In 1983 Vs Tony Elumelu In 2003 Vs Him In 2016 (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by aribisala0(m): 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
davodyguy:

You have zero knowledge of accounting.
There's what's called accruals.

Such incomes are not generated in a single lump sum, but overtime, then aggregated at the end of a fiscal/financial year
And what have you said? So he has Zero knowledge? Yours is less than zero
he does not know and knows but you don't know and think you know
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by sammylove22(m): 5:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
Just the observe. One day, one story
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by Chukazu: 5:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
how much did they steal undecided
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by Chukazu: 5:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
Financialslot:
hmmmm. My dear if we all think that way then we will never make progress as a people and a country. Try to be more positive, cos Nigeria is all we have

positivism shouldn't becloud one's sense of objectivism
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by davodyguy: 5:26pm On Apr 30, 2017
aribisala0:
And what have you said? So he has Zero knowledge? Yours is less than zero
he does not know and knows but you don't know and think you know

Really?

Educate me and prove that what I said is wrong, anything short of that will prove you're 100% ignorant
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
Tithe is to Religion, What Tax is to Government. But Government and Religion have refused to pay their own share of Taxes and Tithes.

Until Government and Religion pay their taxes and tithes, I will always always find a way to even-out my taxes and tithes contributions to Government and Religion.

Equation must be balanced.

QED.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by watchindelta(m): 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
ok ghost moni undecided undecided
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by obailala(m): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
oshe11:
AND WE STILL NEED TO BORROW BEFORE PAYING WORKERS?

WHO IS FOOLING WHO?
Who is borrowing to pay salary?
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by juman(m): 5:33pm On Apr 30, 2017
Thumb up to the government for that.

But the clueless government failing fixing the economy.

Hunger is real.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by davodyguy: 5:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
obailala:
Who is borrowing to pay salary?

Many Nairalanders have no idea of what they post. Some just post whatever that comes to their mind.

The borrowings proposed are to fund INFRASTRUCTURES and not recurrent
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by 36STATES: 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
Tiefnubu's men collecting tax for Zoogeria?? Good luck for una.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by aribisala0(m): 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2017
davodyguy:

Really?

Educate me and prove that what I said is wrong, anything short of that will prove you're 100% ignorant
What you said is not wrong it is just irrelevant and tangential to the question he asked. It does not illuminate the matter in any way or add anything of value.
You might as well have said cows eat grass in response. It is true the eat grass but totally irrelevant
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by davodyguy: 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
aribisala0:
What you said is not wrong it is just irrelevant and tangential to the question he asked. It does not illuminate the matter in any way or add anything of value.
You might as well have said cows eat grass in response. It is true the eat grass but totally irrelevant

So it means I'm correct with my accounting principle explanation.

That's good.

Case closed.

I hope the guy and likewise you learned a lesson that annual taxes summed up at the end of a year is never earned in bulk, reason why his comment is based on ignorance.

Next time, don't be in a hast to respond, it will make you appear to have zeal without knowledge
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by malware: 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
dominique:
Nothing to rejoice about because we know over 70% will end up in the accounts of greedy leaders. If the country is generating that much from taxes alone, there should have been remarkable development in infrastructure and economy in general. Sometimes I wonder what we've done to deserve such horrible leadership in this country.

Do you know math at all? Do you know what 70% of the stated figure is?
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by aribisala0(m): 6:22pm On Apr 30, 2017
davodyguy:

So it means I'm correct with my accounting principle explanation.

That's good.

Case closed.

I hope the guy learned a lesson that annual taxes summed up at the end of a year is never earned in bulk, reason why his comment is based on ignorance.

Next time, don't be in a hast to respond, or you may appear to have zeal without the balanced knowledge

Of what relevance is it whether it is received in bulk.? Is any kind of revenue received in bulk whatever "BULK" means . It is a totally meaningless and irrelevant submission
Oil revenue which accounts for the most revenue is it receievd in "bulk" Is the annual budget spent in "BULK" Are salaries paid in "bulk" ? Is government debt serviced in "bulk"?
Tell us in a simple sentence WHAT DIFFERENCE IT WOULD MAKE IF IT WAS RECEIVED IN BULK

If you have nothing to say go and climb your wife.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by clifftop: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2017
Financialslot:
hmmmm. My dear if we all think that way then we will never make progress as a people and a country. Try to be more positive, cos Nigeria is all we have

More positive indeed!!!!!! The reality is that the money will still be syphoned by our cruel leaders... Be it APC or PDP ......God will judge them.....I am greatly pained for my beloved country.... Haaaa who will deliver us
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by Donbabaj: 6:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
davodyguy:

Such incomes are not generated in a single lump sum, but overtime, then aggregated at the end of a fiscal/financial year

Accrual in govt. accounting? Teacher no teach me nonsense.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by Donbabaj: 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
davodyguy:

Accrual in govt. accounting? Teacher abi na Lecturer be your name.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by davodyguy: 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
Donbabaj:

Accrual in govt. accounting? Teacher no teach me nonsense.

I know many Nairalanders post without knowledge.
Obviously you have no idea of what accrual is. If you do, you wouldn't have made such pathetic comment

Google IPSAS.

Then return back. I'll give you free lecture today.

I work as a consultant to
AMCON
FIRS
Lagos State Government
And many more MDAs.

Make sure you return back for more lesson.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by israelmao(m): 7:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
Yet FGN is getting set to borrow.This is a paradox.
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by ekensi01: 8:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
Blood of God. Nigeria can make that type of tax and we're still talking of Reccession. ptcheew
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by newslifeop: 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
through extortion
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by usamali(m): 9:43am On May 01, 2017
davodyguy:

but this your knowledge is yet to solve our problems na....okay caculate for all ministry's in single lump sum let see how much is generated if it will nt exceed that 3.30tr
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by wine4dguy: 9:57am On May 01, 2017
Am a Nigerian currently visiting South Africa, and I can visibly tell you what SA is doing with tax payers money. Just to name a few... RAF (road accident fund) Oboy I can't believe you can be payed if u get accident on federal road.. .na here I come see am. Road maintenance... Am speechless when it comes to this because as at when I left 'nija' I was still dodging pot hole. Student Loan.. ..etc Oboy I tire to talk before bad belle people wey dey nija go face me

1 Like

Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by ceejay4real(m): 10:16am On May 01, 2017
dominique:
Nothing to rejoice about because we know over 70% will end up in the accounts of greedy leaders. If the country is generating that much from taxes alone, there should have been remarkable development in infrastructure and economy in general. Sometimes I wonder what we've done to deserve such horrible leadership in this country.

That's why sometimes I wonder if there's really a God or if there is, why does he hate Nigeria so much to allow the emergence of misfits as our leaders? The thing just weak me, I swear!
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by davodyguy: 2:16pm On May 01, 2017
usamali:

but this your knowledge is yet to solve our problems na....okay caculate for all ministry's in single lump sum let see how much is generated if it will nt exceed that 3.30tr
Calculate what exactly?
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by 14(m): 11:22pm On May 01, 2017
wine4dguy:
Am a Nigerian currently visiting South Africa, and I can visibly tell you what SA is doing with tax payers money. Just to name a few... RAF (road accident fund) Oboy I can't believe you can be payed if u get accident on federal road.. .na here I come see am. Road maintenance... Am speechless when it comes to this because as at when I left 'nija' I was still dodging pot hole. Student Loan.. ..etc Oboy I tire to talk before bad belle people wey dey nija go face me

Yes, thats true, if you are involved in an accident in any South african road and get injured, you get paid for that. The payment could go into millions depending on yo injury.

http://www.raf.co.za/Pages/default.aspx
Re: FIRS Generates N3.30trn Tax Revenue In 2016 by wine4dguy: 5:47am On May 02, 2017
14:

Yes, thats true, if you are involved in an accident in any South african road and get injured, you get paid for that. The payment could go into millions depending on yo injury.

http://www.raf.co.za/Pages/default.aspx
my brother who want do that one for you for nija... No road not to talk of accident fund.. .nija tire people no be small

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Better Off Without Clickbank And Paypal / Behold The Richest Woman In Africa And Her Greedy Wealth / Neveah Limited Appoints Akinsola Akinyemi As New Chief Financial Officer (CFO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.