Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) (38292 Views)

Corruption In The Just Concluded NUGA Competition / UNIBEN Student Drowns In River Benue; He Came For NUGA Games / Kwasu Sends Hostel Students Packing Over Preparation For NUGA Games. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by macjireh: 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
bejeiodus:
Obviously, youthful exuberance cost him his life. But what is this diabolical nonsense in the report? Nollywood and Irikerido Akolawuyi have really fed us with so much superstitions that we are quick to ascribe this sheer folly to supernatural causes. The guy had a cavalier attitude to his safety and he paid dearly for it.
d boy also thought like u dats Y he ventured into d river and Neva came back....u too can go do same so DAT u can come back and share d story

1 Like

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by twisteddaNy(m): 8:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
Scatterscatter:
RIP to English

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by adecz: 8:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mammy water too plenty
for River Benue..... sad

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by QueenRock(f): 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
Rip to him. N I knew them bk in Uniben oo
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by CampusAproko: 9:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
Abi ooo

macjireh:

d boy also thought like u dats Y he ventured into d river and Neva came back....u too can go do same so DAT u can come back and share d story
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by CampusAproko: 9:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
Oluwasaeon:

*dead
RIP

GBAGAUN DETECTED
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by CampusAproko: 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
BermudaTriangle:
Funny reporting. "Yet to be identified" , yet he is id'd as James Obong and with a picture.

Read again, this time, do it more carefully, you will get the Gist.
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by CampusAproko: 9:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
bejeiodus:
Obviously, youthful exuberance cost him his life. But what is this diabolical nonsense in the report? Nollywood and Irikerido Akolawuyi have really fed us with so much superstitions that we are quick to ascribe this sheer folly to supernatural causes. The guy had a cavalier attitude to his safety and he paid dearly for it.

Wanna give the river a try? undecided
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by CampusAproko: 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
IYANGBALI:
What kind of report is this? The guy is yet to be identified and his friend was given story about him. How do you give report on an unidentified person. Na wa for all these reporters o

I think you didn't get the message right.
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
RIP Man. UDSS would surely miss you. he was my junior in secondary school

2 Likes

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by jeffcole(m): 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
madamGift:
Jesus Jesus Jesus.. I know him very well.. he is a twin.. we used to attend the same church.. redeem, rose of Sharon Parish in BDPA..OMG!!!! He was a very quiet and intelligent kid.. cry cry ..RIP

Yeah he attended UDSS and his mum is a teacher.RIP to him

1 Like

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by Kingsasian(m): 9:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
Jesus! I know this guy. OMG! He lives with his family close to my former lodge at bdpa, benin. Jeez! God have mercy. I never knew he is the one o. I am still in shock

2 Likes

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by BermudaTriangle(m): 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
[size=8pt][/size]f
CampusAproko:

Read again, this time, do it more carefully, you will get the Gist.

Okay, if you say so.

1 Like

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by newslifeop: 9:54pm On Apr 30, 2017
rip
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by Kingsasian(m): 9:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
madamGift:
Jesus Jesus Jesus.. I know him very well.. he is a twin.. we used to attend the same church.. redeem, rose of Sharon Parish in BDPA..OMG!!!! He was a very quiet and intelligent kid.. cry cry ..RIP
you should know George Urhoghide at that parish
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by Jessyjack(f): 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
are my eyes deceiving me...?? I hope its not same smiling James that do come to my hostel for a hair cut o @ Kris cut salon BDPA...

1 Like

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by Solumtoonna(m): 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
Bishops10:
Details has emerged on how the ‘yet to be identified’ University of Benin student drowned in River Benue during the just concluded Nigeria Universities Games Association (NUGA) which held at Benue state and hosted by the Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi.

According to a closed friend of the deceased who spoke with Campus Gist on the condition of anonymity, James was warned not go beyond a particular point at the river which he failed to obey.

[IMG]campusgistng.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/PhotoGrid_1493556297406.jpg[/IMG]
Late James Odibo
Coursemates of the deceased who lamented the unfortunate incident described Late James as a loving and playful fellow.

One of his friends (and probably an eyewitness) who took to their class Whatsapp group said the incident was quite unfortunate and could have been avoided.

According to him, he (James) and his team have been visiting the river for 3days. For some weird reasons, he decided to venture deep inside the river, which he eventually drowned.

“It is just crazy why one would decide to swim in one of the biggest River in Nigeria, a highly diabolic one for that matter”, he lamented.

“It was just sudden. He just went down, no struggle, no shout.

“Local fishermen found his body two hours after the incident”, he added.

The body of late James has since been deposited in Madonna Hospital, Makurdi, Premium Times reports.

Until his death, James was a 200level student of the department of Medical Laboratory Science, school of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Benin.

Unconfirmed reports has it that James was born Twin. His twin brother who was said to have collapsed on hearing the ugly incident, is currently recuperating at the hospital.

…….

This post first appeared on Campus Gist.

Source: http://campusgistng.com/how-james-200l-uniben-student-drowned-in-river-benue-nuga-games/?preview=true
RIP

1 Like

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by adontcare(f): 10:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
The current under the River Benue is very strong. That is y locals know where to swim and where not to. RIP James
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
Dem send u go school, you go nuga. Issorai
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by uselessIDIOT(m): 12:55am On May 01, 2017
madamGift:

can I be your friend?
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by Ohio7(m): 1:09am On May 01, 2017
dbynonetwork:
Only if the organizers had provided life guard..

The organizers never added swimming in River Benue to their list of games...they hold no fault

Its unfortunate this happened

2 Likes

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by Nobody: 2:23am On May 01, 2017
To all 2017/2018 aspirants, below is for us, may God see us through this time around

https://www.nairaland.com/3771091/2017-2018-uniben-admission-thread
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by Frankicent(m): 2:31am On May 01, 2017
Bleep I recognize this guy.... I think him or how brother is a judoka.... damn I saw both of them after judo final....Damn... cry

1 Like

Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by number5(m): 8:16am On May 01, 2017
Its no news that the river benue recognizes stranges and indegines of the state..

Most people who drown on that river are non indegines...

I've worked as a river patrol agent on that river before so I know what am saying..

Nb: that prince looking for a way to proof jazz shldnt quote me pls.
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by number5(m): 8:23am On May 01, 2017
bejeiodus:

I know some will certainly come here to quote the philosophy and science behind what happened...

He might have actually drawned due to forced current and/or a tide fall.

But having worked on that river, I need nobody to convince me of diabolical related deaths happening in the river..I can spew you some instances but I bet u wouldnt belive so no point wasting my time
Re: How James, UNIBEN Student Drowned In River Benue NUGA Games (pics) by PrettySleek(f): 9:54pm On May 02, 2017
I watched him grow up, I don't even know what to say. James was adventurous, full of live, intelligent and easy going, he would b greatly missed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mohammed Mustafa Cengiz Graduates As Best Student From Russian Medical School / FG Begins Evacuation Of Nigerian Students In Sudan (Video/Photos) / Work Only Twice A Week, Until FG Increases Salary By 200% - COEASU Directs Membe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.