Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

My 100% Positive Experience With Uber Nigeria Customer Support - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My 100% Positive Experience With Uber Nigeria Customer Support (998 Views)

My Experience With Access Bank During 14-Day Covid-19 Lockdown In Abuja (Photos) / Zenith Bank, Total Nigeria, Healthplus Bag 2017 Nigeria Customer Service Award / Uber Nigeria And The Ride-sharing Phenomenon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 100% Positive Experience With Uber Nigeria Customer Support by miracle4(m): 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
I love it when good services are applauded and/or poor services reprimanded. So I got this to share about my positive experience with Uber Lagos, Nigeria.

About Uber Nigeria

Uber Nigeria a digitalized Taxi service that lets luxurious car owners to monetize their leisure by registering their vehicles for Uber services. They normally accept 4-door vehicles from year 2005 upwards and charges users via the credit card that’s linked to their Uber account.

At the moment, their services in Nigeria is limited to Lagos and Abuja FCT, Nigeria metropolis.

My Positive Experience with Uber!

Few weeks back, I went on a business trip to Lagos and had to use the services of Uber Nigeria for movements within the city.

Prior to this trip, I had about NGN1,000 Uber credit left in my account. The credit was as a result of a user I refereed to their services.

While at Anthony taxi park, I booked for an Uber ride and was told that the available driver is just a few seconds away. I got a confirmation call from the driver who was actually not far away from where I was.

But then, there was an issue along the line. The Uber driver went to the wrong Anthony park (the one at GTB, while I was at VIO stand) and keep saying incoherent things on the phone.

After waiting for about 15 minutes (and sweating in the hot sun), I decided to cancel the trip and had Uber bill me for their NGN1,000 cancellation fee.

I immediately booked for another Uber driver that got the location aright and didn’t take as much time to arrive. While in motion, I contacted Uber CS about the ridiculous ₦1K charge as the driver was obviously at fault.

As if the 1k charge above wasn’t enough another bigger mess occurred. The new driver dropped me off at my location, yet the Uber app was still counting.

I called the driver to complain and also asked him to turn off the trip from his end. He confirmed it was already turned off on his device, but mine was still reading.

Mine didn’t stop reading until I turned on the mobile Wi-Fi device to support my data. I complained to Uber CS and got the biggest shock.

They did not only apologized, but refunded my ₦1k cancellation fee and the extra charges to my account. I was the more-shocked because I pushed them to the limit and got no insulting remarks, but resolves that really solved the various challenges.

Here’s some screen shots to our back-to-back messages.

In Summary

Uber Nigeria really got it right, judging from this particular experience. Would be lovely to see the other Nigerian companies treating the issue of customer care/support as a serious one.

Credit: Shared exclusively to Kabsedo by Obasi Miracle of obasimvilla.com.

PS: share your Uber Nigeria personal experiences (as a partner or user) in the comment section below.
Re: My 100% Positive Experience With Uber Nigeria Customer Support by memeluv(m): 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
Awesome share
Re: My 100% Positive Experience With Uber Nigeria Customer Support by miracle4(m): 11:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
memeluv:
Awesome share
Tnks. hopes oga Lalasticlala would be willing to promote this good CS, so other coys can pick from it
Re: My 100% Positive Experience With Uber Nigeria Customer Support by Wizapersona: 8:47am On Jun 19, 2017
Uber Nigeria's customer care is truly the bomb. Their customer service has no match, but I can't say the same for the ride experience.

I write about my last experience with Uber Lagos here. The ride was not great, but the customer service as usual did well to make me feel better about the whole experience

(1) (Reply)

For Ladies : Purchase Your Set Of Beautiful Handbags ¶¶ / M / By Signing Up You Get All The Benefits And Support To Setup Your Blog Or Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.