Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

My Gift To Every Nigerians As We Celebrate Workers Day - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Gift To Every Nigerians As We Celebrate Workers Day (373 Views)

6 Interesting Facts About Nigeria As We Celebrate Her Independence Anniversary / My Gift To Every Nigerians As We Celebrate Workers Day / Causes Of Poverty In Nigeria - Every Nigerians Must Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Gift To Every Nigerians As We Celebrate Workers Day by Chosen2375: 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
My Thoughts On The Current State of Things In Nigeria.
I am a Nigerian, grew on her western soil, and have peregrinated nearly the full length of a dear nation – Nigeria. I marveled always at the innumerable natural resources with which we are blessed. These deposits of nature are meant by the Giver to succour life of inhabitants across this wonderful geographical plane. While with all these gifts bestowed by nature it is apparently disheartened hundred percent of the time that the inhabitants are living like beggars who see means to life from external perspective. This to me in veritable degree came to surface because we have lost connection with the real being within us. We so much uphold to being controlled by what we see with our senses.

Material things appealed so much to us that at the expense of fellow-man-kind we longed to attract all to self. The candid efforts of our true heroes who championed all external appeals are now a thing we found too difficult to treasure but for profits we attuned to sell them off.

Recession as it is being echoed is not real in the entire true sense of cause but was and is created by men who through ego are materialistic in approach to their day-to-day activities. At this junction I am not condemning the ruling class alone but every human class, - Upper, Middle, and Lower – whose sense of materialism is an appointed disappointment to the mind of Him who created us and showered us with all resources.

This philosophy of materialism under a close observation has eaten deep into every fabric of Nigeria society and it is the blatant reason why every system that supposed to be instrumental to bringing goods has hitherto failed us. The philosophy of materialism also in every anal of history is the only corrosive substance that had ruined any system instituted by man himself.

Therefore, it is true and plain that if act like this is not checked and brought to everlasting halt, its effects are not only contagious but are socially transmitted which now is the case with virtually all and sundry – men and women in my country. A moment for re-orientation is to judge every external records and activities from within. Permit me to say, if we judge all our actions from within then will material things remain immaterial, when we cannot bring new things into existence then should we see ourselves as guardian and as custodian with the true nature of using what we have to make life a memorial even after we might have passed on. Having a constant encounter with our mind is having relationship with God. But how many times have we lost contact with mind when ego and material things appealed and blindfold all channels through which we see ourselves in others.

It has no valid appraisal how exposed we do have frequent contact with the outside world leaving the shore of our soil and on coming back – to emulate and to incorporate the goodies in the operative system of a foreign land is proven difficult – all because our mind is not yet developed. What makes a developed nation is the developed state of minds of individual in that country. Also, what makes underdeveloped nation is the underdevelopment state of minds in that country. In my country (Nigeria) we prefer gains, profits, ego, and materialism to development (but) which inversely should be the development of propelling mechanism, system, and institution that on the long run will set us higher high on the pyramid scale of developed nations.

It is no news that a country with zero resources is ranked among the developed nation on the globe with the reason not far fetched only that men and women that constituted such a nation have their minds concurrently developed i.e have concurrent link with mind, thus scoping for what it takes to make life more meaningful for self and for all. Account like this keeps me abreast with consciousness that we should rule our world, our life, and our nation from within but with any absence of these, man remains a slave to material things in all attempts to worship ego. He tramples on foots of others to win a race. He strangulates opponent on the throat to carry a trophy. With constant violation of laws such as these, hell is let lose not only on self but also on contemporaries. He, daily, has forgotten that the race and the trophy of life are not won in competition with others but in complementing one another.

A reasonable conclusion is that we need to check act like this resolutely, if not the similitude is a deadly disease which and if unattended will progressively eat up the life of a host.

1 Like

Re: My Gift To Every Nigerians As We Celebrate Workers Day by pappy4real(m): 4:57am On May 01, 2017
Hmm! Quite thoughtful. I believe d bulk of the mind development is a responsibility for d youth of this nation. We have quite a lot to do.
BTW, it's my birthday 2day

(1) (Reply)

“why I Don’t Act In All Movies”_______funke Adesiyan / We Have Done Much In 2 Years & Ready To Do More- Dogara / 'Wonder Woman' Star Gal Gadot Say She Wants Way More Than $300k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.