Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi (2133 Views)

Why Buhari Made A U-turn On Legislators’ Jumbo Pay – Presidency / "Buhari Made Tinubu A Mockery In Every Pepper Soup Joint"- APC Chieftain Ogbonna / How Buhari Made Northern Youths Issue Quit Notice To Igbos – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by three: 11:25am On May 01, 2017
Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari “is fit enough” to stand for re-election despite his ailing health and limited activities, the country’s transport minister has said.

The Guardian reports that Rotimi Amaechi, a former governor of Rivers State, one of the oil-rich states in the Niger Delta and currently of the two so-called super ministers in Buhari’s cabinet, believed the president’s infirmity was not serious enough to preclude him from putting in one more term.

“If you look at the president since he came to the country, you will see there is a huge improvement,” Amaechi, who was the director-general of Buhari’s campaign said on Channels Television’s Hard Copy. “He’s regaining his weight. This is a 74-year old man, he is no longer a 58-old man, he is not 50…he is not a young man.”

Buhari left Nigeria on January 19 for London to “undergo routine medical check-ups” during a short holiday. He only returned on March 10 after an extended period of medical treatment. He also hinted at the possibility of him going back for more treatment.

But what Nigerians should be more worried about, Amaechi said, is his ability [or lack thereof] to provide good leadership and deliver on the campaign promises he made, which were just three, according to the former Rivers governor.

“He made three [campaign promises]. The rest are propagandas, social media propagandas,” he said.

When asked if he would support Buhari if he stands for re-election in 2019, Amaechi replied in affirmative. “I will advise that he should,” he said.

“The president is fit enough to govern and if he makes the decision to run again, if he does, I don’t think there is anything wrong in supporting him.”

Kaduna State governor Nasir El-Rufai recently expressed similar sentiments.

But in spite of Amaechi’s vote of confidence in Buhari’s health, there are still questions to be answered.

Shortly after his return from London on March, Buhari acknowledged he was terribly sick but did not disclose the true nature of his ailment.

“I couldn’t recall being so sick since I was a young man,” he said at a meeting with security chiefs and ministers. He also confessed to receiving “blood transfusions” and “going to the laboratories and so on and so forth”.

He has also been absent from the last couple of Federal Executive Council meetings usually held at the presidential villa, leaving Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to chair those meetings. The President was also missing the Juma’at prayer at Aso Villa mosque last Friday.

But the presidency insisted that there was no reason for Nigerians to panic. It said Buhari scale down his activities at the Nigerian seat of power on doctors’ advice.

“As eager as he is to be up and about, the President’s doctors have advised on his taking things slowly, as he fully recovers from the long period of treatment in the United Kingdom some weeks ago,” Buhari’s media aide Garbage Shehu said.

His absence at the last FEC meeting was a last minute decision, he said without stating what informed the decision.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/amaechi-buhari-2019-relections/

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by dessz(m): 11:27am On May 01, 2017
na wetin go kill the bubu naim amaechi dey find abeg, he should resign let younger blood come to power.

FTC , its not eazy.
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by izombie(m): 11:27am On May 01, 2017
Anytime i listen to or hear naija politians it becomes sadly obvious that nigeria has no future.

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by millik(f): 11:28am On May 01, 2017
please Mr Amaechi should disclose those tiri campaign promises.

everybody wan turn Lai Mohammed!

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by Nobody: 11:33am On May 01, 2017
this Ameachi no get shame..

no be all of una dey dish dey propaganda? or why you no tell us then..

anyway i understand say 14bill loot need to be covered..

politcians.

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by thesicilian: 11:34am On May 01, 2017
There is no hope for Nigeria as long as these people remain at the top.

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by Nobody: 11:38am On May 01, 2017
Can't wait for 2019 to correct this mistake that is haunting us day and night

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by Sammy07: 11:40am On May 01, 2017
millik:

travelling
increasing the exchange rate (naira & dollar ).&
increasing the price of goods

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by millik(f): 11:45am On May 01, 2017
Sammy07:

travelling increasing the exchange rate (naira & dollar ).& increasing the price of goods
lol i don't know why he refused to mention them...
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by okosodo: 11:47am On May 01, 2017
I know fools will look for three useless things to say. One thing is certain, We the kind of leaders we have , Nigeria is finished
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by DeAfricana: 12:19pm On May 01, 2017
Politicians will continue this way as long as the people
the govern are not speaking with one voice
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by omenkaLives(m): 12:27pm On May 01, 2017
The Trent? cheesy

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by Celcius: 12:29pm On May 01, 2017
Hmmm...
I watched Amaechi on @MaupeO show, HardCopy. I was disappointed. He said the government ran on 3 promises, to make it worse, he even struggled to recall 2 of theses promises.
I was pained.
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by Mophasa(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2017
What has Amaechi been smoking lately angry
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by jadajada: 1:27pm On May 01, 2017
Propaganda spread by the likes of liar Mohammed
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by Greatigbos(f): 1:40pm On May 01, 2017
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by Daplux4: 1:46pm On May 01, 2017
millik:

when they were opening their mouth too wide to talk rubbish they did not realize it will tell on them
liars, thief that called another person thief
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by greenermodels: 2:14pm On May 01, 2017
at the rate aoc is recently churning out propaganda including fake news websites,i can only ask what's wrong with buhari? is he still alive?
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by 9japride(m): 2:16pm On May 01, 2017
What we see its what we get. Since we love voting shallow people always. Come 2019 majority will still vote in such people again

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by BrutalJab: 2:22pm On May 01, 2017
See this useless thief talking...
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by adadike281(f): 3:37pm On May 01, 2017
Amaechi should be confiscated to a mental asylum. Amaechi is an abobaku!

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by Dannidom(m): 3:55pm On May 01, 2017
Poll: In light of the AJ twitter squabble who should we dash to Ghanians? Like for Lai Mohammed, share for Amaechi
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by ChristineC: 4:11pm On May 01, 2017
thesicilian:
There is no hope for Nigeria as long as these people remain at the top.
Hope?

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by mazimee(m): 4:46pm On May 01, 2017
A propaganda you camp and the Dullard himself never bothered to debunk and even went on to win the election with it
I blame the Zombies, the Zombies and the Zombies alone.
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by mazimee(m): 4:49pm On May 01, 2017
Celcius:
Hmmm...
I watched Amaechi on @MaupeO show, HardCopy. I was disappointed. He said the government ran on 3 promises, to make it worse, he even struggled to recall 2 of theses promises.
I was pained.

Can you imagine? Political opportunists.

Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by WhereIsBuhari: 7:25pm On May 01, 2017
One chance govt.
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by three: 8:24pm On May 01, 2017
WhereIsBuhari:
One chance govt.

Hmm
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by HisSexcellency(m): 8:29pm On May 01, 2017
T
Re: Buhari Made Only 3 Campaign Promises The Rest You Heard Was Propaganda – Amaechi by three: 8:22am On May 02, 2017
Celcius:
Hmmm...
I was pained.

Dele Momodu Meets Dr Jonathan In Abuja (pics) / Nigeria Is The 4th Poorest Country In The World / SARS Commander in Rivers state, Orderly, One Other Arrested For Robbery,