Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

‘yar’adua’s Sojourn In Foreign Hospital, National Disgrace’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘yar’adua’s Sojourn In Foreign Hospital, National Disgrace’ (635 Views)

Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / NTA Is A National Disgrace And Public Money Blackhole. / National Disgrace: Nigerian Ambassador To Kenya Beats Wife To A Pulp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘yar’adua’s Sojourn In Foreign Hospital, National Disgrace’ by ichommy(m): 8:59am On Jan 07, 2010
A university lecturer, Professor Abimbola Osoba, has described President Umaru Yar’Adua’s 44- day sojourn in a Saudi Arabian hospital as a national disgrace.

Professor Osoba, who was a former Head of Department of Microbiology, University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Oyo State, while presiding over the 12th annual Benjamin Oluwakayode Osuntokun lecture, disclosed that Nigerian government had failed in health care delivery system.

He lamented that it was the lackadaisical attitude of government that always encouraged the nation’s public officials and other well-meaning Nigerians to seek medical treatment in foreign countries.

“ The Nigerian authority has not taken health care seriously. It is a disgrace to Nigeria that our president has gone abroad, specifically to Saudi Arabia, to seek medical attention,” he declared.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/07012010/news/news19.html
Re: ‘yar’adua’s Sojourn In Foreign Hospital, National Disgrace’ by vigasimple(m): 12:36pm On Jan 07, 2010
I agree completely, not just a National disgrace but GIANT OF AFRICA DISGRACE

The Govt will start to run its mouth with some ill informed Nigeria about we being the 'Giant of Africa'. Giant my foot. Feed you people, give them good hospital, that is how giant are measured.

There is a wide ocean of difference between a giant and a potential one. saying you are a giant will never make you one in 1000 years if you don't take stocks and take actions. I dare say that our political system lack god leaders but thieves,fraudsters, terrorist etc

We ahave no sound law based institutions but 'strong men' ( a la OBAMA) who are weak men when the chips are down. They have unfortunately 'educate' the followers/citizens who may now be more corrupt than their leaders.

We need change in our psyche and value system. WE WORSHIP MONEY IN THIS COUNTRY RATHER THAN THE GOOD THING MONEY CAN PROVIDE TO THE MAJORITY , IF NOT ALL OF OUR PEOPLE.
Re: ‘yar’adua’s Sojourn In Foreign Hospital, National Disgrace’ by netpro(m): 3:45pm On Jan 07, 2010
I thought it was part of the 7 point agenda?
Re: ‘yar’adua’s Sojourn In Foreign Hospital, National Disgrace’ by ichommy(m): 3:51pm On Jan 07, 2010
vigasimple:

I agree completely, not just a National disgrace but GIANT OF AFRICA DISGRACE

The Govt will start to run its mouth with some ill informed Nigeria about we being the 'Giant of Africa'. Giant my foot. Feed you people, give them good hospital, that is how giant are measured.

There is a wide ocean of difference between a giant and a potential one. saying you are a giant will never make you one in 1000 years if you don't take stocks and take actions. I dare say that our political system lack god leaders but thieves,fraudsters, terrorist etc

We ahave no sound law based institutions but 'strong men' ( a la OBAMA) who are weak men when the chips are down. They have unfortunately 'educate' the followers/citizens who may now be more corrupt than their leaders.

We need change in our psyche and value system. WE WORSHIP MONEY IN THIS COUNTRY RATHER THAN THE GOOD THING MONEY CAN PROVIDE TO THE MAJORITY , IF NOT ALL OF OUR PEOPLE.

WORD
Re: ‘yar’adua’s Sojourn In Foreign Hospital, National Disgrace’ by AmakaOne(f): 4:00pm On Jan 07, 2010

Re: ‘yar’adua’s Sojourn In Foreign Hospital, National Disgrace’ by saintade01(m): 4:04pm On Jan 07, 2010
netpro:

I thought it was part of the 7 point agenda?

He (Yaradua) was part of the 7 point agenda.

(1) (Reply)

Seun Buys House / Why Jonathan Can't Be 'acting President', By Court / Ondo Commissioner’s Daughter Kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.