Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje (2684 Views)

NBA Apologises To El-Rufai For Disinviting Him / Nnamdi Kanu Apologises To Inspector Okon Over Threat To His Children / Oshiomhole Apologises To Imo Catholic Community Over Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by SalamRushdie: 12:27pm On May 01, 2017
The embattled emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi, has apologised to Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State over his utterances against the governor.

Mr Sanusi tendered the apology at a meeting organised by six Northern governors in Kaduna to save the emir from imminent deposition.

Although inside sources said the emir had committed “cumulative offenses”, the controversial monarch drew the ire of the governor on April 5, in Kaduna when he faulted the governor’s premier project, the $1.85 million light rail project, saying it was a misplacement of priority.

The Kaduna meeting, which was held at Government House on Friday night, was attended by Governors Kashim Shettima of Borno, Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano, Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna, Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto, Abubakar Bello of Niger and Aminu Masari of Katsina States.

Also in attendance were the Secretary to the Kano State Government, Usman Alhaji, Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi and Walin Kano, Mahe Wali.

One of the governors who attended the meeting told DAILY NIGERIAN on phone that the meeting was fruitful. He, however, did not elaborate on the details of the meeting.

But some inside sources who preferred not to be named told DAILY NIGERIAN that speaker after speaker took turn to fault the emir for his open criticism of the governor as well as “disrespecting the governor”.

While personally responding to the charge, sources said Mr Sanusi admitted his mistakes and apologised to the governor. “I am still learning,” Mr Sanusi began. “But I have learnt from this mistake. I apologize to you my governor for the embarrassment and inconveniences my remarks might have caused you,” he added.

In his response, Mr Ganduje, citing examples of the emir’s “cumulative offences”, said he has personally forgiven him but would never stop the ongoing probe of the emirate’s accounts by the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission.

According to the source, efforts to persuade the governor to halt the ongoing probe were unsuccessful as the governor stood his ground.

source: https://dailynigerian.com/headline/emir-sanusi-apologises-to-gov-ganduje/

Lalasticlala
mynd44
Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by MisterGrace: 12:29pm On May 01, 2017
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 01, 2017
Law 22...

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2017
why I love my hausa brethren, they know how to make peace quickly, dem no de carry matter for head.

See oba of lag VS oni of Ife, that matter go de till 2019 grin

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by Biafman: 12:36pm On May 01, 2017
These people prefer almajiri system of life, so all that Sanusi was preaching is not for them. Forget the $1.85Million light rail project mentioned in this article, that was not really the problem. Problem is why should Sanusi talk nonsense about their almajiri way of life.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by deji68: 12:36pm On May 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin 6 billion Naira corruption charges he don gentle

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by Biafman: 12:41pm On May 01, 2017
deji68:
So where exactly is the so called corruption fight by messier buhari? Only a phone call to the EFFCC chiarman who is also a northerner, telling him that there was a meeting and Sanusi has appologized and the charges will be forgotten. Then idiots wonder why we Biafrans want out from this cesspit called nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by SalamRushdie: 12:46pm On May 01, 2017
deji68:

grin grin gringrin I swear Sanusi dissapointed I never knew he could apologise to anyone let alone a state governor

5 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by Jabioro: 12:50pm On May 01, 2017
In there religion no personal idea is welcome outside the stipulated ones hands down to them many years ago by her founder..

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by deji68: 12:50pm On May 01, 2017
Remember when Jonathan was dealing with him because of corruption in CBN, his Northern Brothers were accusing GEJ of Vendetta.....game don change now, na im brodas dey deal with am now grin grin grin
SalamRushdie:

grin grin gringrin I swear Sanusi dissapointed I never knew he could apologise to anyone let alone a state governor

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by verygudbadguy(m): 12:59pm On May 01, 2017
hopenusa40:
It is normal, d continuation of d probe is jst to pencil down is offences incase he violate d conditions of d peace meeting in nearest future n get punish
You code. grin

SalamRushdie:

Have you forgotten that he was appointed by a state governor and not Oracle?

GAZZUZZ:
why I love my hausa brethren, they know how to make peace quickly, dem no de carry matter for head.

See oba of lag VS oni of Ife, that matter go de till 2019 grin
Not totally true...A case study of Buhari and Babangida or Buhari and Dasuki counters your claim. Happy New month and Mayday.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by hopenusa40: 1:00pm On May 01, 2017
It is normal, d continuation of d probe is jst to pencil down is offences incase he violate d conditions of d peace meeting in nearest future n get punish

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by ephi123(f): 1:05pm On May 01, 2017
deji68:
Remember when Jonathan was dealing with him because of corruption in CBN, his Northern Brothers were accusing GEJ of Vendetta.....game don change now, na im brodas dey deal with am now grin grin grin

While the rest of us watch the drama with popcorn in our hands. grin

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by deji68: 1:11pm On May 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin Popcorn Ke?? me dey watch with a bowl of "hot London Kunu", pesin wey go catch monkey must.....
ephi123:

While the rest of us watch the drama with popcorn in our hands. grin

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by AngelicBeing: 1:12pm On May 01, 2017
Not surprised, these are the same criminals online posters support, you can see how corrupt the system is in Nigeria, it is all about personal interest, rub my back, l rub yours, paddy- paddy government, so the governor accept the apology and l know with time, they will discontinue the probe, it is high time Nigerians wake up, the elites, politicians and high net-worth individuals do not believe in fixing the country, it is all about their self-fish and wicked interest, what a shame and tomorrow someone will talk about patriotism,imagine the billions sanusi swallowed, all in the name of been an Emir, and what you see here is replicate all over the country, whether Emir, Oba, chief , politician, it is all about their interest, but a poor man will steal a goat and you sentence him to death, nonsense angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by ephi123(f): 1:12pm On May 01, 2017
deji68:
grin grin grin grin Popcorn Ke?? me dey watch with a bowl of "hot London Kunu", pesin wey go catch monkey must.....

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by Ddaji(m): 1:14pm On May 01, 2017
Where is his uncultured daughter that said her father won't mind given off the throne? the useless man spent over N4.6 billion on his flamboyant life style including sponsoring his children to schools in western countries while over 3M almajiris are on the street of Kano.These are monies deducted from the allocation of Kano state local governments. Let the probes continue.

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by omowolewa: 1:17pm On May 01, 2017
Go and sin no more

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by EmeeNaka: 1:34pm On May 01, 2017
Ddaji:
Where is his uncultured daughter that said her father won't mind given off the throne? the useless man spent over N4.6 billion on his flamboyant life style including sponsoring his children to schools in western countries while over 3M almajiris are on the street of Kano.These are monies deducted from the allocation of Kano state local governments. Let the probes continue.
Sanusi may be deposed but the truth he told cannot be deposed.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by Blue3k(m): 1:48pm On May 01, 2017
Lol pathetic talk tough then end up apologizing later. You daughters acted like throne meant nothing to you. I guess this was not a thought out position. ApologizING light rail comments.

Mr Sanusi tendered the apology at a meeting organised by six Northern governors in Kaduna to save the emir from imminent deposition.

In his response, Mr Ganduje, citing examples of the emir’s “cumulative offences”, said he has personally forgiven him but would never stop the ongoing probe of the emirate’s accounts by the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission.

According to the source, efforts to persuade the governor to halt the ongoing probe were unsuccessful as the governor stood his ground.

Lets hope the Emir acted responsibly or else they will end taking him to sharia court.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by drss2(m): 2:15pm On May 01, 2017
wat a shame, but iyam not surprised cos sanusi speaks from both sides of his mouth. he likes playing to d gallery.
anyway, if sanusi can apologies for d truth he said about northern religous fanatism n almajiri system, wen will he apologies to GEJ for d lies he spilled about d so call missing $20 billion

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by Nutase: 2:57pm On May 01, 2017
Cow eating Ard

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by Ddaji(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Sanusi may be deposed but the truth he told cannot be deposed.
can u highlight the truth sir
Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:37pm On May 01, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Everybody in Nigeria is Corrupt....Sanusi is not an exception! I like the way, the governor stood his ground...

Like Fayose, FFK , they throw stones from their Glass houses.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 01, 2017
Well,what do you expect when the traditional ruler is merely an appointee of the state governor? The Emir probably apologized to get a soft-landing at the conclusion of the state government's inquest into the emirate funds. I must admit though that I was fooled for a split second into thinking that Sanusi was willing to challenge the state government to a final stop.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by Goke7: 5:16pm On May 01, 2017
mansakhalifa:
Well,what do you expect when the traditional ruler is merely an appointee of the state governor? The Emir probably apologized to get a soft-landing at the conclusion of the state government's inquest into the emirate funds. I must admit though that I was fooled for a split second into thinking that Sanusi was willing to challenge the state government to a final stop.

Challenge someone who approves or depose emirs?

Guy I love sanusi's gut but he's got too much skeletons in his cupboard. He needs to make sure he has no leaking roof so his guts can do the needful.
Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by vedaxcool(m): 5:44pm On May 01, 2017
grin grin New to what sir? Anyway he has nothing to fear. Emir Sanusi is above a board.
Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by babyfaceafrica: 5:49pm On May 01, 2017
Fake news..I need a credible media outlet.. Proud sanusi cannot apologise
Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by hegelian: 7:04pm On May 01, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:

Everybody in Nigeria is Corrupt....Sanusi is not an exception! I like the way, the governor stood his ground...

Like Fayose, FFK , they throw stones from their Glass houses.
I have finally understood you with this comment of yours. since all of the country is kukuma corrupt, why not just support my favorite corrupt group/person and swerve the others!!!! I love your concept....most of your comment always amuzed me before but i guess not anymore, am gonna enjoy your contributions going forward...tuale!!!!!

But does it mean no hope for the country?
Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by SalamRushdie: 5:20am On May 02, 2017
hegelian:

I have finally understood you with this comment of yours. since all of the country is kukuma corrupt, why not just support my favorite corrupt group/person and swerve the others!!!! I love your concept....most of your comment always amuzed me before but i guess not anymore, am gonna enjoy your contributions going forward...tuale!!!!!

But does it mean no hope for the country?

cheesy
Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by SalamRushdie: 5:21am On May 02, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Fake news..I need a credible media outlet.. Proud sanusi cannot apologise

That guy proud sha ooo
Re: Emir Sanusi Apologises To Gov. Ganduje by SalamRushdie: 5:22am On May 02, 2017
mansakhalifa:

Me too , I was also fooled

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback: Annulment Was Payment For Abiola’s Evil Deeds – Sen Owie / Rivers By-election Results That PDP Saw And Disrupted The Process / APC E- Warriors No Where To Be Found

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.