Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Dont Always Believe What You Where Taught In Sunday School - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dont Always Believe What You Where Taught In Sunday School (300 Views)

Texas Preacher, Pastor David Wilson's Preaching In Sunday Service (video) / Do You Believe What Will Be Will Be, Do You Believe In Destiny? / Atheist: Always Believe In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dont Always Believe What You Where Taught In Sunday School by iamozipatrick(m): 8:32am On May 02, 2017
Don't always believe what you where taught in Sunday school.
Queen Vashti icon of feminism
I am not a fan of feminism but going through the book of Esther I realised most of my Sunday school teachers taught on their own accord. To refreash your memory Queen Vashti was the queen of Susa dethroned by her husband King Ahasuerus and replaced by Esther. as I child in Sunday school I was taught that queen Vashti was proud and arrogant, and she was disobedient to her husband and God punished her by dethroning her.
Let's take a look at what actually happened Esther 1 vs 1-8 we see that King Ahasuerus in order to display his wealth he ordered a feast (party) with endless flow of wine (shayo) for seven days straight (see gbedu), and on the seventh day after him don high,
Esther 1 vs10
On the seventh day, when the heart of the king was merry with wine, he commanded Mehuman, Biztha, Harbona, Bigtha and Abagtha, Zethar and Carkas, the seven eunuchs who served in the presence of King Ahasuerus,
vs11 to bring Queen Vashti before the king with her royal crown, in order to show the peoples and the princes her beauty, for she was lovely to look at.
King Ahaseurus's command for the appearance of Queen Vashti is interpreted by several midrashic sources as an order to appear unclothed for the attendees of the king's banquet.
Vashti my icon of feminism refused as she is not an object for admiration neither is she a property to be owned, she refused to be paraded by her husband and his drunk friends, that's what I call standing up for your right as a woman. My favorite part esther 1vs 9:Queen Vashti also gave a banquet for the women in the royal palace of King Xerxes. That's gender equality.
Although Esther was considered a Heroine for saving her people from genocide she's this submissive secretive and desperate house wife, imagine my daughter going for a contest for six month just to get married, God forbid if I have a daughter I will rather she becomes Queen Vashti than Esther.
Re: Dont Always Believe What You Where Taught In Sunday School by Nobody: 8:35am On May 02, 2017
Wish you what you wish yourself dude!!

(1) (Reply)

Recognizing God's Text Using Truecaller / Does God Prevent The Believer From Sinning? / So Destructive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.