Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

How Do I Make My Site Appear First In Google Search Results? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Make My Site Appear First In Google Search Results? (405 Views)

Google Changes The Way It Shows Search Results / GET Traffic For Free Organic Search Results On Search Engines / 6 Web Properties You Can Use To Protect Your Branded Search Results (with Real E (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Site Appear First In Google Search Results? by sweetheart202(m): 3:57pm On May 02, 2017
This post will certainly interest everyone especially bloggers who are doing everything possible to see that each of their post or article always comes up first in Google search result. Everyone asks us this question. The answer is: there is no secret, there are only good practices. A general listing without all the bells and whistles just won’t get you the same amount of site traffic as it used to since users tend to go for the one that stands apart from the rest. The search engine competition is fierce, so don’t get left behind while everyone else makes the necessary changes to get noticed.
Here are the best practices for improving your ranking in Google search results:
• Use Search Console with your website
A lot of site owners don’t know the usefulness of Google search console. This is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your site’s presence in Google search results. It monitors your site’s performance in Google search result. It easy to set up by signing up on Google search console with your Google email address. You don’t have to sign up for search console for your site to be included in Google’s search results, but doing so can help you understand how Google views your site and optimize its performance in search results. Visit www.valentine202.com for more on this.
• Download important pluggin for your site
Make sure you download the vital pluggin for your website as you launch it. This will aid your site presence in the search engine result. In computing, a plug –in is a software component that adds a specific feature to an existing computer program. When a program supports plug-ins, it enables customization. Some of the important pluggins to download and include in your site tools include: Yoast SEO, All in one WP security, WP Fastest Cache, WP Smush, Updraftplus- Backup/Restore, WP Optimize and simple share button adder.
• High Quality content
Provide high quality content on your site. Write articles people have not written before which can provide useful value to them. Google tries to find the bset answer for our user’s request; if you write the best material, you’re in the game. Use the Search Analytics report to see which queries lead to your pages, and what the click-through rate is for all links to your site.
• Mobile friendly site
Try to make your site mobile friendly. Most internet users today make use of mobile phones today and that makes the difference. Many users search on mobile devices; Google search result favour pages that they think answer user’s request best with best possible user experience on their platform.

• Use Commanding Titles In Your Articles/Post
This will come as a surprise but that’s the simple truth. Use informative titles and snippets if you want to rank on Google first page. Good, clear titles and accurate Meta tag descriptions help Google understand the purpose of a page and generate useful snippets in Google search results. Please utilize search engine friendly file names and permalink structures to make your listing more relevant. Make your readers come to you.
source: From Valentine Uwakwe @ www.valentine202.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Free App For Bloggers / Plan To Attend Nigeria's Most Exclusive Technology Conference / Wordpress Now On Hackerone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.