Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work (9806 Views)

Top 5 Ways To Help Build Up Your Self Respect At Work / Be Careful Where You Sit At Work / 6 Ways To Achieve Financial Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by assisttohire: 4:14pm On May 02, 2017
6 WAYS TO ELIMINATE COMPUTER EYESTRAIN AT WORK

These days, many people have jobs that require them to stare at computer screens for hours on end. This can put a strain on the eyes thereby resulting in reduced work performance and productivity. Fortunately, it is easy to treat, all it takes is a few simple changes to your workspace.

Cut the glare: Change the lighting around you to reduce the effect on your computer screen. If light from a nearby window casts a glare, move your monitor and close the shades. Ask your employer to install a dimmer switch for the overhead fixtures if they're too bright, or buy a desk lamp with a moveable shade that casts light evenly over your desk. You can also add a glare filter to your monitor.

Rearrange your desk: The best position for your monitor is slightly below eye level, about 20 to 28 inches away from your face. You shouldn't have to stretch your neck or strain your eyes to see what's on the screen. Place any printed material you're working from on a stand beside your monitor. That way, you won't have to look up at the screen and back down at the desk while you type.

Give your eyes a break: Follow the 20-20-20 rule. Look away from the screen every 20 minutes or so and look at something around 20 feet away for about 20 seconds. Blink often to keep your eyes moist. If they feel dry, try some eye drops.

Tweak your settings: You don't have to live with the factory-installed settings if you're uncomfortable with it. Adjust the brightness, contrast, and font size until you find what’s best for you.

Try computer glasses: Unlike everyday eyewear, computer glasses are designed specifically for looking at computer screens.

Visit your Optometrist regularly for exams: Let him know about any problems you have. You may need glasses or contact lenses. Your optometrist decides if you can wear your regular glasses for computer work or if you need a special pair. He might prescribe a single or bifocal lens or tinted lens material to boost contrast and filter out glare.

Culled from www.webmd.com

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by veekid(m): 7:21am On May 03, 2017
Gonna try that right away
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by osumak2: 7:22am On May 03, 2017
grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Mr2kay3: 7:22am On May 03, 2017
sad
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by YMBBA: 7:22am On May 03, 2017
Good one.
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Bigsteveg(m): 7:22am On May 03, 2017
Nice.....i spend 12 hours a day on the system thanks to the nature of my job and am already feeling the heat on my eyes, and i don't wanna use glasses. This should help.
All these white collar jobs do more harm to the body jare.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by lokotowers(m): 7:23am On May 03, 2017
Thank you
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Ekakamba: 7:24am On May 03, 2017
Avoid ex ex ex site explicit contents and do your work... No pending issues? Play candy crush or panty crush. tongue

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by EagleScribes: 7:24am On May 03, 2017
Avoid using your PC in the dark quite often.
You can also use USB LED lights to illuminate your keyboard for easy typing.
Contact me if you are interested in getting those USB LED lights

7 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Dottore: 7:26am On May 03, 2017
Ok
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by grevotech(m): 7:40am On May 03, 2017
Or better still get a computer glasses. I got mine from Jumia 3500

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by miqos02(m): 7:45am On May 03, 2017
cool

contact me for oven dried catfish at good prices
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Nobody: 7:50am On May 03, 2017
Ok
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Krak(m): 7:51am On May 03, 2017
grevotech:

I think I prefer this, my eyes are really really paining me because of computer glare.

And I hope it works.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Smooyis(m): 7:53am On May 03, 2017
Good job here. It's worth taking note. Thumbs up.
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by FunmyKemmy(f): 8:02am On May 03, 2017
Great tips.
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Afonjashapmouth: 8:04am On May 03, 2017
Nice topic, I will make sure I get the glasses though I have been working online since 2002 with no eye defects. Thanks to God sha.
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by ibiboatais(m): 8:17am On May 03, 2017
Thank you so much. This was really helpful. The rate we look at our screens this days is really alarming.
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by jc4real(m): 8:18am On May 03, 2017
Really informative. Love this.
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by OurworkComNg1: 8:34am On May 03, 2017
as an admin webmaster, i am beginning to feel the effects....

mean while, please check my signature...

Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Lokoyen(m): 8:39am On May 03, 2017
grevotech:
Send link
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Nobody: 8:40am On May 03, 2017
EagleScribes:
Avoid using your PC in the dark quite often.
You can also use USB LED lights to illuminate your keyboard for easy typing

But you keyboard shud come with an embedded​ keylight
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by grevotech(m): 8:53am On May 03, 2017

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by grevotech(m): 8:54am On May 03, 2017
Krak:

I think I prefer this, my eyes are really really paining me because of computer glare.

And I hope it works.
Yeah it does its not ordinary. It has an anti-glare and UVR
https://www./universal-computer-anti-radiation-glasses-4286208.html
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by Nobody: 8:59am On May 03, 2017
Nice one Op, thanks for this
Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by wman(m): 9:28am On May 03, 2017
Use this software:

Flux

https://justgetflux.com/

It adjusts the computer screen to suit your current environment. It eliminates all harmful blue light at night.

1 Like

Re: 6 Ways To Eliminate Computer Eyestrain At Work by ebby9z(m): 9:57am On May 03, 2017
This came just at the right time. Eye strain from staring at computer screens gives me daily headaches

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Gain Experience In Electrical Engineering? / Michael Okpara University Moves To Sack 460 Workers / The Nairalife Of A Struggling Creative Who Is Racing Against Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.