Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Elon Musk's Vision For An Underground Scalextric-like Road System - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Elon Musk's Vision For An Underground Scalextric-like Road System (664 Views)

Elon Musk Reveals What Will Happen If TESLA Gets Hacked ! / Elon Musk And Tesla Settle SEC Fraud Case For $40m,Will Resign As Tesla Chairman / Elon Musk Set To Launch His Tesla Roadster To Mars On SpaceX Heavy Lift Rocket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elon Musk's Vision For An Underground Scalextric-like Road System by AutoReportNG: 7:39pm On May 02, 2017
With everyday, new innovations and technology seem to be advancing at the speed of light, every day there are new ideas and design to the world a better place for all to live in. US entrepreneur Elon Musk, renowned for SpaceX, and Tesla presented his vision for a super system of tunnels under the city of Los Angeles, California, at a recent TED talk. as a proposal to ease the ever-present and ever-growing issue of congestion in urban areas, the multi-layered tunnel network would enable cars and small bus-like vehicles to bypass traffic jams and quickly reach specific destinations.

Releasing a video of the concept on his firm, the not so boring ‘The Boring Company‘, cars would stop on trolley-like lifts that would then descend below street level to a series of track-driven tunnels. the platform would then propel the vehicle along, almost like a scalextric set, where it would sync with other tunnel users to ensure safe, fast and efficient travel. Once the destination is reached, the lift re-surges to street level where the car can drive off to be replaced by another vehicle.

As another concept by the visionary Elon Musk, the underground network is being developed by his ‘The Boring Company’ and is unlikely to be realized anytime soon. in spite of this, the vision is said to have ‘no limits‘ in terms of size as it is exploring all avenues to speed up travel and tunnel development.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/05/elon-musks-vision-for-underground.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

Re: Elon Musk's Vision For An Underground Scalextric-like Road System by AutoReportNG: 7:40pm On May 02, 2017
Watch the video below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5V_VzRrSBI

As someone rightly said, Elon Musk is not human..

Lalasticlala
Re: Elon Musk's Vision For An Underground Scalextric-like Road System by smartty68(m): 7:42pm On May 02, 2017
Impressive! Innovative! Wow!

OP I've driven this car before but please don't ask me where tongue

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk's Vision For An Underground Scalextric-like Road System by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 02, 2017
This guy is just exceptional.... He has an alien brain -thinks differently,
Re: Elon Musk's Vision For An Underground Scalextric-like Road System by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 02, 2017
smartty68:
Impressive! Innovative! Wow!
OP I've driven this car before but please don't ask me where tongue
even for imagination and dream you never.
Re: Elon Musk's Vision For An Underground Scalextric-like Road System by smartty68(m): 7:48pm On May 02, 2017
OrestesDante:

even for imagination and dream you never.
You dey follow me dream

Abeg leave me mah reason the technology small
Re: Elon Musk's Vision For An Underground Scalextric-like Road System by emorse(m): 7:50pm On May 02, 2017
Reminds me of the movie i-Robot.
Re: Elon Musk's Vision For An Underground Scalextric-like Road System by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 02, 2017
smartty68:
You dey follow me dream
Abeg leave me mah reason the technology small
grin

(1) (Reply)

Vovlo Xc 90 / Am A Clearing Agent / Volkswagen, Auto Industry Operators Explore Prospects To Set Up In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.