Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,514 members, 7,812,600 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

How Do I Retrieve Data With Apostrophe From Mysql Using PDO - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Retrieve Data With Apostrophe From Mysql Using PDO (1067 Views)

PDO::FETCH_CLASS Example / Help Me With PDO / XAMPP Mysql ERROR: PDO Driver Not Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Retrieve Data With Apostrophe From Mysql Using PDO by kanayoNickel: 7:58pm On May 02, 2017
Hi, guys. I am a third year student of Psychology from Unizik. I ve been battling with PHP lately. I could ve gone into normal mysql but some people advised me to go into PDO instead.
Now i have a problem that I cant seem to get over for the past 3 days.

what is the wahala? I am trying to mimic Seun (yes, I admire u') by creating a forum via tutorials and all. But i've ran into this - I CANT GET OUT DATA that has apostrophe " ' " from my MYSQL table. I have used htmlspecialchars to no avail.

What do i do?

Any Computer science programmer here can help me. The site is on a demo host http://infobreak./index.php .

This problem comes on when the user clicks on the like button for the comments.

I dont know if i structured this enough for anyone to understand....Just help me
Re: How Do I Retrieve Data With Apostrophe From Mysql Using PDO by yorex2011: 8:24pm On May 03, 2017
Apostrophe doesn't relate well with mysql

Before you insert, use htmlspecialchars() function on the variable to be inserted, then when you retrieve use htmlspecialchars_decode() function to convert all special characters back
Re: How Do I Retrieve Data With Apostrophe From Mysql Using PDO by kanayoNickel: 9:57am On May 05, 2017
yorex2011:
Apostrophe doesn't relate well with mysql

Before you insert, use htmlspecialchars() function on the variable to be inserted, then when you retrieve use htmlspecialchars_decode() function to convert all special characters back

Thank you all.

Can yo do an appraisal of the site CHECK MY SIGNATURE, give me your honest critique cool

(1) (Reply)

Arrays In Javascript / Get Your Bitcoin And Local Currency Ponzi Script / Junior Software Developer - Lagos - 45k - 50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.