Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,289 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

That Moment The Oba Of Lagos Palace Get Burnt. A Coincidence? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / That Moment The Oba Of Lagos Palace Get Burnt. A Coincidence? (1065 Views)

First Set Of Lagos Big Boys In 1913 (Throwback Photo) / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace / Could This Screen Shot About Jiji Real Or Just A Coincidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

That Moment The Oba Of Lagos Palace Get Burnt. A Coincidence? by Olusharp(m): 8:23pm On May 02, 2017
I have been having this thought since I read the news of the "Burnt Palace of Oba of Lagos," Oba Rilwan Akiolu. The news is really shocking as it came to pass few days after the Oba of Lagos disrespected Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan in a public gathering. The Ooni known for his humility had waved off the incident but the Ooni's Palace would have none of it, even Nigerians were angry. The Ooni's palace issued a statement asking Oba of Lagos to apologise but it seems the Oba of Lagos refused as he hided under the facade of promoting a dead Lagos culture. As I write, I am forced to believed Mystical powers truly exist, this incident could be the work of Sango, "The Yoruba god of Thunder and Fire." I may be wrong as this might just be a coincidence but if the former is true then indeed diabolical power exist. For Oba Akiolu, I will go by the Yoruba adage that says "Ile Oba to Jonaa, Ewa lo bukun" - meaning the house of the King that got burnt will be rebuilt more beautiful than the former.
source http://www.trendsng.com/2017/05/thinking-out-aloud-that-moment-oba-of.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Log In Issues / Fan Blasts Mrp Of Psquare. You Support Chelsea But Don't Support Any NPFL Club. / VIDEO: Alien-like Creatures Found In Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.